Prayers for cbel

Prayers for cbel

I just got word that our beloved cbel is in ICU right now. Please send out any positive thoughts or prayers her way. I know her angels are watching over her at this time. She's a tough cookie and I believe she will pull through.

Love you, mama cbel! <3

Sending prayers!

Jules Jules
May '13

Get well soon.

Calico696 Calico696
May '13

She's in my thoughts!

jrsemom jrsemom
May '13

Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
May '13

Prayers and good thoughts are on their way to you Cbel!

MrsPipes MrsPipes
May '13

oh noooo.......Can we send cards?

prayers always......

Christine Christine
May '13

Cbel get well soon!!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '13

Best wishes, cbel... we're all pulling for you.

ianimal ianimal
May '13

wishing you well, cbel!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '13

Oh no! Get well soon, cbel. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Get Well soon.

prayers are with you.

Coralie Coralie
May '13

cbel, wishing you a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '13

Cbel, I am so sorry to hear the news. I am praying for you...Hang in there.

Spring Fever
May '13

Get well soon cbel, we miss you at Paneras.

Mariann Mariann
May '13

Cbel, I'm praying for your speedy recovery!

Chickadee Chickadee
May '13

Sending prayers and good wishes, Cbel. Please get well soon.

colette colette
May '13

Cbel- Get well soon. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Nosila Nosila
May '13

cbel, I know that the angels and the universe are watching over you :)

Prayers for a speedy recovery. You know you are strong!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Cbel. Get well soon!

Prayers are with you, Cbel, Get Well Soon

Jean09 Jean09
May '13

Thoughts and prayers for you cbel xoxo

icicle icicle
May '13

Prayers Cbel. Get well soon

colleen26 colleen26
May '13

In my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Margaret Margaret
May '13

Look at all this postive prayer power going out to you! Get well soon cbel !

hktownie hktownie
May '13

Sorry to hear the news. Get well real soon, cbel.

Prayers and hugs, get better soon.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
May '13

I just came back from the hospital. She is with her family, and Chickadee from the forum was just paying her a visit. Hopefully it will be just a couple of days before she is released.

cbel requested her laptop brought in tomorrow and should be able to see all the well wishes. Good job everyone!

Get well soon!

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
May '13

Great news GC! It sounds like she is doing well. Thanks for the update.

jrsemom jrsemom
May '13

Thanks for the update, GC... that's great to hear.

ianimal ianimal
May '13

Thanks GC! I plan to go up later to see her.

Christine Christine
May '13

Prayers for continued recovery.

JudeKS JudeKS
May '13

Cbel, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Get better real soon...we miss you!

Thanks for the update, GC. Speedy recovery, cbel!!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '13

Thanks for the update GC. I wanted to go see her but thought only family was allowed in ICU. How did you get in ?

Mariann Mariann
May '13

My thoughts and prayers going out to you... many fans on here .. smile cbel!

becca becca
May '13

what hospital

happiness
May '13

Just returning from a day away and received the news about Cbel. This is terrible news but feel good knowing that some have seen her already and she is doing well. Carol, we love you and please know you will be in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.. Hugs from Joyful and The Duke!

joyful joyful
May '13

Cbel ~ I'm so sad to hear you are not feeling well. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '13

Mariann - I had heard family only at first, but I'm so close I just went over and was going to be in the waiting room if I needed to. Turns out she's allowed all visitors, so feel free to stop in. I've also just heard they may be transferring her tomorrow. So stay tuned.

? Htwn

Happiness
May '13

Hope you will be feeling better.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
May '13

I just left from spending some time with her. She is very exhausted now and going to sleep. She should not have any more visitors tonight. Yes, she is being transferred and has a long day ahead of her tomorrow. She still has a long way to go to recovery. I'm very happy to see all the love and well wishes for her, as she is as well. I read her all of your comments and it put a big smile on her face. This is the best kind of medicine! Thank you everyone! :)

Btw, the nurses here are great and have been taking wonderful care of her!

God Bless .

fitter
May '13

Get well, cbel, hope you're up and rock-n-rolling real soon.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '13

Praying for a speedy recovery!

mammadone mammadone
May '13

cbel, you're in my thoughts and prayers - hope you're feeling better soon!

Re: Prayers for cbel

I could help Auntie Cbel get her rest. I have experience with that... So who wants to sneak me in??

Tigger Tigger
May '13

Wishing you well cbel. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tweety Tweety
May '13

I just got this news (haven't been on computer all day). Please hang in there and get better cbel.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
May '13

Prayers for your speedy recovery cbel

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
May '13

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

diesel diesel
May '13

Get well soon! Prayers!

Cherie Cherie
May '13

Wishing you a speedy recovery! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bessie Bessie
May '13

I decided not to go over as feeling a cold coming on.

Praying for you cbel. Get better soon.

Christine Christine
May '13

cbel, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please get well soon.

justintime justintime
May '13

have added you to my list, thoughts and prayers are wth you at this time.

praying for a swift and complete healing;

go in peace and be well

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '13

Thanks for the updates, GC and SueR. :o)

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Prayers sent. Get well soon :)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
May '13

Hope you're feeling better soon, cbel. I know you're one tough cookie.

Lynnada Lynnada
May '13

Feel better soon cbel!

Bryan Bryan
May '13

Feel better! Hoping you're up and around soon!

Get well soon.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
May '13

Cybel, best wishes--my thoughts and prayers are with you for a full and fast recovery!

Get well soon and to a speedy recovery.

Be Nice Be Nice
May '13

Get well soon!!

animal lover animal lover
May '13

Any updates today? She's been on my mind. Hope things are improving! Thinking thoughts positive for you!!

Antimony Antimony
May '13

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you cbel.

Firefly Firefly
May '13

cbel, get better soon, we need your happy face back at Paneras

idlechatter idlechatter
May '13

Haven't heard anything yet this morning. Plan is to move her to another hospital, have some tests done and most likely surgery. I forgot to ask her how much I can share with you all online. Don't want to give too much personal info without knowing it's ok with her. But keep those positive thoughts for her coming!

Thank you for sharing that, Sue R., Cbel continues to be in my prayers for complete recovery.

Spring Fever
May '13

+1 ~ get better soon! :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
May '13

Just got back from seeing cbel. She wanted to wish everyone a very big thank you, she'll be getting her lap top soon and be able to send out a quick message or two herself along the way. As SueR said, she's got a long was still to go, but is on her way. She wanted to say very similar to what SueR said - she's getting transferred to have tests to make sure she's ready for the surgery. Then afterwards she'll be rehabbing for a while.

So keep all the good wishes coming!!

feel better Cbel..

darlughh darlughh
May '13

Hello all,

This is her daughter. Thank you so much for all the prayers and love. She is so blessed to have such kind, loving friends and support. We are still waiting for her to be transported to Morristown as they do not have a bed for her yet. I will be there shortly, but if anyone wants to stop by (she is still in hackettstown hospital) I know she would love the attention. She is going to Morristown as they have the best cardiac unit and they decided they will be scheduling the open heart surgery. We just don't know when yet.

Thank you all again for sending such wonderful thoughts and prayers to my mom. It means the world to her (and me)!!

Debbie

Cbel's daughter Cbel's daughter
May '13

Thanks so much Debbie for your update. Your Mom is a special lady and we know she will get the best care at Morristown. Blessings and prayers are sent your way.

May '13

Debbie, thank you for posting. Your mother has a truly good heart, and I know that it will soon be even better!

Debbie, on another post I mentioned something about MMem. and a negative surgical experience I had there. Please tell your Mom it was a plastic surgeon who was removing some unwanted cancer cells, who bothched things up, NOT a heart surgeon, incase she read that series of posts. I have heard all good things about their heart surgeons and she is in the best of hands... ; )

Spring Fever
May '13

Debbie - thank you so much for the update on your mother. Please keep us posted. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
May '13

Positive thoughts and positive vibes are being sent your way. The Beachboys are sending some GOOD VIBRATIONS. Elvis is sending a HUNK-A-BURNING LOVE.
Dionne Warwick promised she would SAY A LITTLE PRAYER FOR YOU. David Bowie said MAY GOD'S LOVE BE WITH YOU. And, The Beatles said ALL MY LOVIN, I WILL GIVE TO YOU.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '13

She's in good hands, many prayers for her and a speedy recovery!

tripsy tripsy
May '13

Simon and Garfunkel said they would be a BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER for you.

Neil Diamond said he'll sing you a LONGFELLOW SERENADE when you get better and he also said the sounds on the street outside the window will make a BEAUTIFUL NOISE.

Frank Sinatra has HIGH HOPES.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '13

get well!

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
May '13

Debbie, thanks for the update, please keep us posted and give your mom a hug from us

Bessie Bessie
May '13

Debbie, thanks for the update. Please do keep us posted. Your mom has a lot of friends on here.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '13

Love you CM!

Love to Sing Love to Sing
May '13

CEBL
I wish to send you blessings for a fast and true recovery may the powers of healing flow from all our hearts and minds and souls to you . the sun is out today and may it warm you and speed the wellness Blessed be to you CEBL

Caged Animal Caged Animal
May '13

Cbel - thinking of you!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
May '13

Thinking of you Carol. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Maureen

Conrad's Mom Conrad's Mom
May '13

Prayers and positive energy coming your way, CBel. You truly are in the BEST of hands with MM and will be through this and on the mend soon. Prayers do make a difference and it is wonderful to see the support everyone is sending.

Cbird Cbird
May '13

I know Dr. MARC GOLDSCHMIDT who recently was chosen to head the cardiolgy department at MMH, She is in excellent hands.

Firefly Firefly
May '13

Does anyone know if she is still at Hackettstown, or if she was transferred ? Would like to drop by to see her tomorrow if she is still at HH. If she was transferred I will wait until next week, when hopefully she will be more stable and on the way to recovery.

Mariann Mariann
May '13

As of 8 hrs ago she was still at HRMC. They do not have a bed at MMH as of today. I know when they transferred me it took a couple of days for a bed to open. She will most likely be in the Gagnon Center. Excellent Cardiology Care there.

Hang in there Cbel. I plan on coming and seeing you.

Christine Christine
May '13

@Mariann, just spoke to her, she's in Morristown Memorial. Her daughter is getting her on to the laptop so hopefully you will be able to email her by tomorrow. She sounds good, more testing tomorrow and that's about all I know.

Bessie Bessie
May '13

Yes, she was transferred about 4:00PM and is at the Gagnon Cardiac Center. Debbie was having a bit of trouble with the laptop's wifi so that may not happen until tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for keeping me updated. I am keeping her in my prayers and plan on visiting next week. Stay strong cbel. You can do this and we will be there for you.

Mariann Mariann
May '13

Good news.......The WiFi at MMH is difficult to get on. If anyone talks with her tell her she has to hit the button that says" proceed anyway". Its the only way to get on. I will be that way on Tuesday so if she is still there I will go up and see her.

Christine Christine
May '13

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

JessMphone JessMphone
May '13

I'll be there with her in the morning. I'm planning on going straight from work so I'll be there bright and early. I'll check out her laptop and get her WiFi going. Thanks for the tip Christine, I'll give that a try.

Last night Mom was having a tough time. She is tired of being in the hospital and is a bit disoriented. It was a long day and the transport from Hackettstown took a lot out of her. They don't have a date yet for tests and I havent been able yet to speak to all the drs. Hope to be able to get more answers today. She will be in Morristown cardiac unit for awhile. She is in Gagnon 3, room 20. I spoke with her about an hour ago, Sue R is there now and I will be there in a few hours.

I know she would love the visits and is so moved and touched by everyone that has visited so far. She does LOVE the attention. It is keeping her spirits up!

Thank you all for the messages, prayers, and healing thoughts. She (and I) are focusing on that and trying to stay positive. :-)

Debbie

May '13

feel better Cbel,

asking for angels of healing and protection be sent you way to cover you and protect you.

praying hard right now,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '13

I am here with her now. Just as I arrived they were taking her for an echocardiogram. Good to see they are getting started with the testing. Step one of many.

Thanks from all of us for being there today, Sue R. Please give Cbel a big hug from us and tell her we will see her as soon as we can. She is continually in our thoughts and prayers.

joyful joyful
May '13

Best wishes. Get well soon!

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
May '13

Hi Carol. Hope you are feeling better today.

Maureen

May '13

Crossing all of my fingers for a smooth surgery and quick recovery!

Happy Homemaker Happy Homemaker
May '13

More prayers coming your way....

Spring Fever
May '13

Goodness, I just hopped on for a second and saw this thread.

cbel, just hang tough and do what you're told -- you're obviously in good hands and will need to be patient and let the medical folks do their jobs!

Good luck and feel better! Love and {{{{{{{{{positive vibes}}}}}}}}} going out to you!

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
May '13

Thinking of you today Cbel.. Stay positive. Lots of prayers being said for you..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '13

Hope you're feeling better.

MikeL MikeL
May '13

Dont know who u are cbel, but i believe in the power of prayer. So im praying for you'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lvmom33 Lvmom33
May '13

I was able to get her connected to the WiFi right away with no problems. Unfortunatey, every time she picked it up and started reading HL, someone walked in. (hospital staff) When I left at 2:30pm she was really worn out and ready for a nap. So, she is connected, just give her time to feel up to getting on and responding.

Best of luck and tons of prayers are being said for you - here's to a speedy recovery!!!!

TerryLynn TerryLynn
May '13

Sending good wishes to you Cbel!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
May '13

Good Morning, Cbel....sending love and best wishes to you again today..Good to hear that "Lovey" is being well taken care of as well....

joyful joyful
May '13

Hope everything is going ok, CBel. I know it's not Christmas, but remember when I told you this was the song that made me think of you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJWz1-R88oc

cbel -somewhere in this, there is a blessing. I look forward to the breakfast conversation where you reveal what it is :)

For today, stay positive, and believe in the perfect outcome.

Happy to hear that things are progressing -- keep your chin up, Carol ~ you are in our thoughts and prayers and with all the good vibrations coming your way - I know you'll be back at our gatherings in no time. Stay strong, stay positive, stay being good ol' wonderful you! :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
May '13

I hope you have a swift recovery. my thoughts and prayers are with you

skippy skippy
May '13

Hey Carol, Were your ears ringing today? We were talking about you this morning (all good stuff!) at the plant swap, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope your day was a good one, without too much poking and prodding. Have a pleasant and peaceful night!

colette colette
May '13

all the positive thoughts and best wishes to you ....hope for little pain and a speedy recovery

gardens gardens
May '13

Prayers, love and light.

Sister Jane
May '13

Dear Cbel,

Wishing you a swift recovery. Warms my heart to read all the comments you've received, so I know they will help mending yours!

Bruin Bruin
May '13

Praying for you this morning in church, Cbel. Have a good day!

Spring Fever
May '13

Good morning all,

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Mom has been going through a lot of tests and they will continue through today. Hopefully the doctor's will discuss next steps tomorrow after they review the tests as per my discussions with them.

Mom has been too weak to post, but she wants everyone to know how touched she is by all the love and healing and feels so blessed to have such wonderful friends in her life. She is so sincerely touched by the all the flowers and the visits; it keeps her spirits up. :-)

Please keep the healing thoughts coming, they are truly helping her (and me) get through this.

xoxo

Debbie

May '13

Thanks for the update Debbie. Please let cbel know I am thinking about her and plan on visiting her this week. Maybe we should bring the Panera breakfast club to the hospital this week :)

Please keep us posted Debbie.

Mariann Mariann
May '13

Debbie, please give your mom a hug from us..

Bessie Bessie
May '13

Debbie
Please keep up your strength though these times our prayers are for you too .blessed be toyou and your family

May '13

Thanks for the update, Debbie. I hope your mom feels stronger soon.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '13

cbel you are still in my thoughts and prayers. I only met you once, but I'm not surprised at the outpouring of goods wishes here.... that's only normal for such a lovely woman. Get well soon!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '13

cbel, my thoughts are with you, keep up the good spirits and best of luck

idlechatter idlechatter
May '13

Still sending hugs from this way to Miss Cebel...... Debbie( if you get a chance) please update us on Mom.. We are planning to visit soon

joyful joyful
May '13

Cbel ~ hope you are feeling a little better today. Your in my prayers..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '13

@Mariann, told mom today you mentioned bringing the panera breakfast club to visit and her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Sounds like a great idea!

@Joyful, Mom is in good spirits, but today they found a blood clot on her lung, so they are giving her meds now for that and further tests cancelled until she stabilizes. They want to investigate it a bit more whats causing the clot. She is very weak, but hanging in there.

@Bessie, hugs given

@Caged Animal, thank you for the lovely prayers :-)

AND thank you to all for the continued out pouring of love and prayers!!!!!

May '13

HUGS for cbel!

theHHSinformant theHHSinformant
May '13

Sending prayers to you both. I hope all goes well and she is home soon.waiting to see her back on line.

Snoflake
May '13

More prayers and hugs coming your way --- to both of you :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
May '13

So lucky they found that clot in time. Thinking of you, Carol, and hoping that each day gets better. Thanks for the updates, Debbie.

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Strong prayers for cbel.

Christine Christine
May '13

Prayers, hugs & love from us! Get better soon!!!!!

Soccrgrl08 Soccrgrl08
May '13

Thank you so much, Debbie for continuing to keep us updated. Sending my love and prayers again today...

joyful joyful
May '13

Tuesday prayers for peace and healing just said. You are in good hands.

Spring Fever
May '13

Carol. Good thoughts today and prayers sent your way. You need to hurry up and get better to get to Panera Bread on Wednesdays.

Take Care
Maureen

May '13

Debbie,

I am going to be at the hospital most of tomorrow. Is there anything your Mom needs? I am going to stop in and say hi so I can bring it to her. ANYTHING?

You can private message me.

Christine Christine
May '13

@Christine -

Good morning, I just sent you a private message.

Debbie

May '13

Just getting around to yesterday's update after updating cbel's daughter.

The joyful one and I visited cbel yesterday. She quick went off for a test when we arrived, then came back and visited. She has some fresh reading material and was going to get her dose of Denzel in the afternoon with a DVD on her laptop. She's holding her own at the moment. Keep up the good thoughts and the visitors!!

Going up in a few! Debbie got your message.

Just found out at hopefuls son is also in MMH. So will be making another stop. What's going on?

Anyone else need anything?
lol

Christine Christine
May '13

It was really good to see you Christine. Hope Bergey's doing better.

I went straight from work again and I got to spend all morning and afternoon with cbel, which was really nice, but boy does it get busy there! People were constantly coming in all throughout the day. No rest for the weary. (I couldn't even sneak a little nap in. haha)

She was doing well most of the day, but was very tired by the time I left. She's getting her fiestiness back as I've seen her on some issues with the nurses. LOL (Rightfully so, she knows what she is capable of doing and what feels better for her)

Let's stay positive that things keep going in a good direction and she'll be back to HL gatherings in no time. :)

Thanks for the update, SueR...I know I was so glad that I was able to visit with her the day before and see for myself what was going on. I cannot remember the last time I was in that hospital but I was very impressed with what I saw. No doubt, our Cbel has excellent care and that is what we want for her and what she deserves...Love and Hugs out again today to "Our Cbel!"....Get well soon!!

joyful joyful
May '13

Hi Carol, get better soon, need to get back to paneras for breakfast, lol

idlechatter idlechatter
May '13

Just getting around to posting my visit.

It was great to see SueR! You look marvelous!

cbel was a bit weak and she is definitely in good hands. She is grateful for all the flowers especially ianimals (they are beautiful) She is thrilled with all the well wishes and the prayers. She has many friends watching out for her especially SueR to be there all day when her daughter was unable. Hint: She loves the chocolate chip cookies from Aubon Pan near the entrance of the Gagnon Center. (they are good)

I hope to go up again as I need some follow up tests next week. Bergey is home as of late last night.

Hugs and kisses cbel!

Christine Christine
May '13

Thanks for the update Sue..going to see her over the weekend. Sounds like things are getting better if she has that feistyness back

Bessie Bessie
May '13

cbel, I'm glad you enjoyed the flowers. I hope they brightened your day somewhat. Still thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery. xxxooo

ianimal ianimal
May '13

Carol, thinking of you and sending get well wishes. Hopefully, it won't be long before we can all be back together at Panera's.

Who ever is going to see Cbel take a zip lock and fill it with some Hackettstown air and bottle of Hackettstown water I think this is the healing powers that see is lacking , but the truth is there is no heal better than our love for you cbel our prays and thoughts are with you
That's why I have reached out to the earth mother to look out for and ask to have the wisdom of the owl to guide the doctors blessed be to you cbel blessed be and to you family and friends be well and safe as you all so are having to deal with .

May '13

Get better soon Cbel

I know she always loved the pet photo threads. If anyone wants to send me a picture of their furbabies I'm going to send her a card with a couple pictures in there to try and cheer her up

Nosila Nosila
May '13

What a nice idea, Nosila. I will try to get a good one of Lucky this weekend.

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Get well soon, Cbel! Looking forward to seeing you at an HL breakfast soon.

Collegeviewrider Collegeviewrider
May '13

Mom is going to be moving to a rehab center; they are estimating some time this weekend but I do not have a definite day. This is the first step of many for recovery so she can get strong enough again to have the open heart surgery.

Hugs and kisses to everyone!!

May '13

Thanks again for the update, Debbie....we really appreciate it!

joyful joyful
May '13

If received a few pictures of the furbabies already- If you want me to include one of your furbabies please send to me by SUNDAY night. That way I can get them in the mail first thing Tues Morning once we have the rehab address that Cbel's daughter is going to send to me.

Nosila Nosila
May '13

Debbie, Thanks for letting us know. We know she will be in good hands.

May '13

Cbel keeping you in my thoughts. I have never meant you in person but enjoy reading your comments on here. It is very obvious how loved you are! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sunshine Sunshine
May '13

Sunshine that gave me a thought , how nice would it be for cbel to read about how they met her and why they love her , I will start . I only met cbel once , she read a post about my beautiful husband dying and showed up at his service , that made me feel so good , even though family was there I felt so alone , she made me feel better , she invited me to the panera group , which I would have lived to do but things moved quickly and I moved out of state , so that is my story . Thank you cbel prayers and speedy recovery to you even though I am clear across the country you are in my thoughts

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
May '13

I first met cbel at the very, very first HL Lunch which was Szechuan Royale. I instantly realized how many interests she has in common with my mother. It took several years afterwards before the two of them met, but I was certainly right. ;-)

I lost my job 2 years ago and was feeling bored and restless. I saw a post about a Hackettstown lunch at Churrascaria Paladar. I was nervous walking into someplace where I knew no one, but cbel encouraged me to go. She assured me that everyone was friendly and you were a great group of people. So glad I went out of my comfort zone that day and attended the luncheon. Not only did I meet cbel but also many other Hackettstown Lifers. Thanks cbel !!

See you soon.

Mariann Mariann
May '13

If I recall I met Cbel about two years ago at a Fireman's breakfast. We are close in age and both retired so that was a definite connection towards our eventual friendship. Cbel likes her quiet times, reading..movies.... trips to the library and enjoying close friends...I am really happy when I am on the go with things to do..... all dressed up (Cbel teases me that my outfits are all color coordinated).... to the casino, involved in community events or out with a lot of people or traveling. However, there are a few things that we do have in common. One would be our mutual interest in the spiritual world and "the beyond"...The other would be we both try to live our lives being kind and thoughtful individuals who really care about and try to help other people in need.

joyful joyful
May '13

Mariann..That was actually only last July. Sometimes when you meet someone is seems like you have known them forever.

I am not sure when exactly I met cbel for the first time but it was several years ago - we seemed to also ( like joyful) share an interest in the spiritual world.

Firefly Firefly
May '13

I met Cbel years ago, at C'Mere Cupcake, when we all got together for a HL book swap! We have similar tastes in reading material and hit it off right away :). Continuing to send positive thoughts and energy, Cbel!! Feel better soon.

colette colette
May '13

colette - thanks for reminding me - that was also (i think) where I met her

Firefly Firefly
May '13

I met cbel at a movie fundraiser for the Knudsen family at Washington Theater. She wanted to come by and give a donation but not see the movie. Have seen her at many other events since. I just wanted to say we have had our moments and to me that makes a friendship grow. I think our friendship has grown and I cherish it.

Christine Christine
May '13

I met Cbel in person when she was collecting items for the women's shelter. I gave her my lighted Christmas tree and she came by the house to pick it up. Such a warm and loving person. I have only the best warm wishes for her recovery.

Coralie Coralie
May '13

I first met cbel at the HL fundraiser at the Episcopal church. We've had breakfast several times since, and I always enjoy her company. What a wonderful, caring and interesting person she is. I am thinking positive thoughts. Get well fast cbel. You have the power :) And we need our social director back on the job!

Cbel and Clyde were actually friends first. I love hearing the story of the first time she met Clyde at Cmere Cupcake, was she surprised, LOL...Then, I believe they were part of the original Panera breakfast group years ago. I only heard about her from Clyde and finally took a day off of work so I could join them for breakfast, then there were some lunches and Sunday breakfasts and too found we had a lot in common. I send her only good thoughts and look forward to her getting better so we can once again talk about books, politics, and who knows what else. Get better Cbel!

Bessie Bessie
May '13

I met cbel at a Wednesday Panera meet-up and she immediately took me under her wing (pun intended). Like others posted, we share an interest in books and movies and forming new friendships. She is a remarkable person and I wish her a speedy recovery.

Chickadee Chickadee
May '13

any status? thoughts and prayers

skippy skippy
May '13

I tried to start a meetup at the same time cbel did at paneras. So we met there on Wednesdays, She is a wonderful person.

idlechatter idlechatter
May '13

I met cbel at the Panera meet-up. As I wasn't able to attend as much as I would have liked, she called to show her concern. At that same time she was home with her own health problems. She is very caring. I wish the best of health for you, cbel.

Good morning all.

Mom was transported last night to:

Holly Manor
84 Cold Hill Road
Mendham, NJ 07945

In case anyone wants to drop in to say hi, visiting hours are 8am-8pm.

May '13

Interesting. Google maps shows that cbel will be just across from Clyde Potts Reservoir. What a nice reminder of her HL friends.

cbel, hope you're feeling better.

justintime justintime
May '13

Mommy, mommy, mommy!

I miss you.

I like my Day Spa, and I have a jungle gym, and I get my special food, and I purr all the time, and I have my own special room, and I can snuggle up in the rocking chair, and there's a Magic Fountain to drink from, and EVERYTHING!! But I'm not gonna make friends. Just saying. I rule and you can't make me....

Lovey Lovey
May '13

Lovey, please stay in your day spa and don't let those other two get their claws into you. They may try to make you join them on the dark side. ;)

CBGB and I went to visit cbel today. We brought her a little "treat" that she loved, but I'm not admitting to what it was. Haha (I THINK she was allowed to have it!)

:)

Oh, *I'm* the "dark side"?? Yeah, right. I've been a gentleman but she hisses at me. She's the SLFB. (Satanic Little Fur Ball) And if you think I have a problem, ask my sister what she thinks...

Tigger Tigger
May '13

Cbel, Bandit and his baby brother (who's already twice his size) say "Hi" and we all hope you get well quickly!

I've been thinking of you cbel - hope you get well very soon.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
May '13

Nosila, I sent you some pictures this morning....just wanted to make sure you got them.

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Mommy, I got Bird-O-Vision.

I'll tell you ALL about it when you get home.

Lovey Lovey
May '13

Just wanted to give an update on how Mom is doing. She is hanging in there, but still very weak. I gave her an Ipad to read the posts and some email, but she gets tired very easily and hasn't been able to post yet on her own.

If anyone is interested in calling her and saying hi, her direct line at the nursing home is 973.543.8724.

Debbie

May '13

I wanted to share my story of cbel and I.

Back in 2008, I came across this web site every now and then while searching for something online. I'd read a bit here and there, but didn't post. Then I saw a thread about crock pot recipes. I was a bit shy to post especially after seeing the "sharks" on here. LOL But I posted that I like to make sausage and peppers in the crock pot. Cbel asked if I could post the recipe. She said she was going to try it (and sure enough she did.) I remember feeling like "oh wow, someone is interested in what I have to say!" I've never posted on forums before and it was nice to get a response, and a positive one at that.

Then came the "Last to Post" thread where a bunch of us started having fun and joking around with each other. HL shortly became VERY addictive! LOL The first time I met cbel in person was at the HL lunch GC mentioned at Szechuan Royale. We started talking on the phone every day and quickly became very good friends. (Even with the big age difference) I don't know what it was, but we just clicked. I think because we were a lot alike. She got where I was coming from and had the same feisty attitude as me (and stubbornness lol). We could honestly say how we felt about things to each other (on HL or in life in general) and know neither of us would judge.

After quite a few months of friendship, I had a serious personal situation going on at home where I felt it would be best for me to give up HL and all the friends I made on there. I know it doesn't make sense, but at the time I thought I was doing what I had to. As I said, HL can be addicting, as I'm sure lots of you will agree. So, even though it was hard to not even LOOK and read HL, the worst part was not talking to cbel anymore. Again, it was issues at home and nothing personal with her. I was "gone" for a year and a half and I missed her SO much.

A time finally came where I was done letting someone else control my life. And back to HL I came. I eased into it, feeling nervous to be back. But here came cbel, contacting me, reassuring me and still there for me as the great friend she always was! And after everything I have gone through, this was the time I really needed someone, needed her. She listened and listened and listened. She gave lots of advice, (though I didn't always take it when I should have), offered daily positive thoughts and really helped me get through. It's been two and a half years now since reconnecting and I know this.....She will always be in my life, no matter what. She is not only a best friend, but a second mom. (mama cbel!) :)

She truly is a special woman and means so much to me. And now with her current condition, I have been getting to know Debbie more and becoming closer. What a bonus! Another amazing woman! :)

I am kind of missing cbel today! Anyone been to see her. Might go on Friday after a Dr. appointment.

Christine Christine
May '13

OK fine, I gotz 2 share. But I don't wanna, and I don't like it...

Lovey Lovey
May '13

I don't know GC, its hard for me to tell which is Tigger and which is Lovey. I think they may be long lost siblings. (or maybe a baby daddy) Sounds like a daytime talk show story to me. Somebody call Maury. ;)

SueR - They're oil and water. They're both totally different and as well as don't mix. Can't possibly be related. But that doesn't mean they don't need Maury:

Sugar: That b*@&! just doesn't know how to use the litter box.
Lovey: At least I don't scratch the crap out of the couch and then try to eat the stuffing.
Sugar: All she needs is a good slap!
Lovey: Bring it on sister!!
Tigger: They just don't respect me as man of the house. Welcome to my world.

There may be some truth in that. All I know is the SLFB isn't hissing at me, so I'll just be shutting up now.

Tigger Tigger
May '13

LOL Too funny. Hope that gives cbel a laugh and big smile! :)

LOL; @GC Thanks for the smile this morning. :-) I am going to visit Mom today and will read these posts to her.

Haven't been informed when she will leave, but I think she may be there for a few weeks

May '13

@Christine -

I am visiting Mom today, so if you had the chance to visit tomorrow, that would be awesome :-)

May '13

Plan on visiting depending on how the Dr. appointment goes.

Hope she is improving.

Christine Christine
May '13

Following the posts here, hoping for the best. Haven't gotten to know cbel as well as some of the HL regulars, but I do know we share an appreciation for doo wop oldies and Carly Simon.

We golden oldies need to stick together. Keep the faith and get well soon.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '13

Spent the morning visiting cbel at Holly Manor. When I got there she was playing Trivia with some of the other residents. She said they needed someone in there that knew the answers !! I was able to bust her out of there and wheel her out to the lobby where we were able to visit and enjoy some of the sunshine coming in the front windows. Before I left, I took her back to her room per HER instructions. She was tired and ready for a nap before lunch, which she says doesn't come until 3:30. She is still feisty but tires easily. She says to say Hello to everyone on the forum and is looking forward to one of the HL Luncheons when she gets out.

Mariann Mariann
Jun '13

cbel's daughter --

Has cbel had her surgery yet? Couldn't really tell from the string of posts. It sounds like she's waiting in rehab until surgery is an option...?

My old boss is having open heart surgery tomorrow at Morristown, I believe. Wonder if her and cbel will cross paths on their journey to a successful recovery. Maybe they can team up to help each other pull through.

RyanOMac RyanOMac
Jun '13

Thanks for the update, Mariann...Just sent Cbel another card and thinking of her each day.
We all want her well once more and back home soon...

joyful joyful
Jun '13

RyanOMac - No, she has not had the surgery yet. She needs to get stronger before that can happen. Her current rehab is towards the surgery instead of after it.

Thanks for the update Maryann..does anyone know her room number?

Bessie Bessie
Jun '13

Bessie, it's room # 46.

Mariann Mariann
Jun '13

Thank you :)

Bessie Bessie
Jun '13

Still thinking about you, cbel ~ hang in there, and I know you can ~ it's all going to work out ~ you know it! :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jun '13

Hello all,

As of the moment, surgery is not an option. In meeting with the heart surgeon, he informed me that he did not want to perform the surgery as Mom is too weak and will not survive the surgery. As of now, they are treating the blood clot on the lung and that is being monitored closely. She had a serious fall in February (not sure if everyone knew this) and their are serious side effects. She is suffering from memory loss and having trouble perfroming daily functions. In my meetings with the doctor this week, I have asked them to perform tests to see if she has suffered a mini stroke. She has moments where she is doing well, but struggles most of the day. She is not able to post at the moment, but she is very happy for all the good thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us in you prayers as we really need them :-)

Thank you.
Debbie

Jun '13

Thanks for the update Debbie. I'm glad you were able to speak to somebody finally. Thoughts, prayers and love to you both.

Love to sing Love to sing
Jun '13

Thank you, Debbie ~ Keeping a good thought for both of you.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jun '13

I never had the pleasure of meeting Cbel, but I continue to keep her in my prayers. It will be a happy day when we can join her at Panara's one of these days!

Spring Fever
Jun '13

Thanks , Debbie, for the update. We will try to get to visit with her again soon. Sending love and hugs......

joyful joyful
Jun '13

Debbie,
This is Ann Schaeffer from South Carolina. Since I have not been able to reach your Mom at home by phone, I thought I would check out her forum, and wow am I shocked. I am so sorry she is gong through all of this. I knew about the fall but things have certainly changed since then. Please send her my good wishes. As you probably know, we have known each other since your Mom was about 25 years old and I 20 and both working at Bell Labs in Murray Hill. I will keep up to date on her condition via the forum and pray for her quick recovery and return home.
Ann

Ann M. Schaeffer Ann M. Schaeffer
Jun '13

Ann: Cbel's Room at Holly Manor is Room #46 and her direct phone number is 973-543-8724

joyful joyful
Jun '13

Hi Ann,

So good to hear from you. I sent you a private message.

Debbie

Jun '13

Hope you are feeling better cbel. We need to all get together again at Panera for fun times.

idlechatter idlechatter
Jun '13

Debbie, I have never met your mom personally but we have chatted about our similar tastes in books. If she needs anything to read please let me know. I have a ton of books I would gladly send to her while she is in rehab. Please pass along my thoughts and prayers.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '13

Debbie,

Please tell your mom I send my very best regards. Always.

Dolly Dolly
Jun '13

I visited cbel today at Holly Manor. Earlier this week I tried calling her direct phone number but it just rang and rang. She tells me the direct line, her cell phone and Wifi are not working. So she wants everyone to know as soon as she can she'll post again on HL. She misses everyone!

Chickadee Chickadee
Jun '13

Thanks so much for the update, Chickadee. Sending our love as always to Cbel and wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope to see her soon too...

joyful joyful
Jun '13

Thanks for the update Chickadee. I was wondering how she was doing. She told me the same thing about her phones not working when I was there last week.

Mariann Mariann
Jun '13

Thank you, Chickadee. I've also been wondering how she is doing. Hope she is showing improvement.

Thanks for the update Chickadee.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '13

I also tried calling Saturday and no answer.

Hope she is improving.

Christine Christine
Jun '13

I got a very brief phone call yesterday afternoon. With so many people asking about her at the Street Fair, maybe her ears were ringing. ;-)

Misses everyone, said to tell everyone she's OK.

Good news.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '13

Hello all,

They were doing construction in Mom's room so her phone was not working for a few days. However, it is now fully functioning and she can be reached at 973.543.8724.

Please call her on that number as she struggles with using the cell phone and making outbound calls on her own and can only do so with my assistance or a nurse. If she doesn't answer during the day, it can be because she is in physical or occupational therapy, so please try calling back.

Also, the wifi is working but she has difficulty using it and cannot manage the computer or Ipad on her own.

Debbie

cbel's daughter cbel's daughter
Jun '13

Just had a call from cbel. She sounded so much better than she did when I went to visit her 2 weeks ago. She is getting tired of being there and is ready to move on. She says they have a social room there and suggested that maybe a couple of us could come visit one afternoon and have coffee or something. I said I would see what I could do. I would be happy to drive, maybe bring some snacks and spend some time with her. Let me know if anyone is interested. You can PM me.

Mariann Mariann
Jun '13

Hi cbel, I don't know you, but hope you are doing better and on the mend.

mammadone mammadone
Jun '13

I spoke to cbel today. On Monday she is moving to assisted living across from Hackettstown Hospital. More details to follow.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jun '13

I spoke to Carol today as well, and got the same message. It sounded like joyful may have gotten a call too.

I also spoke with her daughter after speaking with cbel, and she had additional info. Things are definitely in the works, but it seems like a bit too soon to say. There are some technical hitches so Monday looks too soon. Plus the exact place changed once before and might again. It's a long journey for cbel, and this is another step about to happen. But what exactly seems to still be a bit up in the air.

Keep up all the good thoughts though, there are some really great people out there. ;-)

Assisted living across the street from HRMC?

Still in my thoughts and prayers Cbel! Keep on fighting.

Christine Christine
Jun '13

Bless you CBEL Keep fighting hope you move closer love and best wishes to you

Jun '13

Keep the faith, you've made lots of friends here.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '13

Sorry to hear of your situation. Mega hugs and God's blessing sent to you!! Love

Placidsgirl Placidsgirl
Jun '13

Thinking of you Carol. Hope you are getting well.

Maureen

Jun '13

It's a good sign that Carol's been calling..she much be feeling better. Miss you and hope you are feeling stronger every day.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '13

Sending you good wishes Cbel!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '13

Cbel ~ thinking of you today.... Hope you are feeling a little better.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

Hi Cbel, I never met you in person, but hope to get to a Panera get-together when you are back and feeling great! I hope that's very soon.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Jul '13

What good timing for well wishes. I just got off the phone with her, and the technical hitches are now done. She is now in Paragon Village at the top of the hill. She and her daughter had a great light dinner from what they say, and she really likes the place. She said she had a really exhausting day and was going to get a good nights sleep. So we should all be able to see her soon, not to mention reuniting her with Lovey.

Carol must have called me right after GC and she sounded better than I have heard her in a long while. With promises to get over there to visit very soon she said she was very tired and going to get some rest after a long exciting moving day. I know she will be extra happy to be able to have her kitty "Lovey" back with her soon too!! Let's all continue to keep a very special lady in our thoughts and prayers.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

What wonderful news! She will soon have to put up with Clyde again!

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

Really great news ! Does anyone know if she is in assisted living or the independent living apartments ?

Mariann Mariann
Jul '13

That is very good news. Happy for you, Cbel.

So happy to hear cbel is out of the rehab center and back in the area. I am thrilled that she is sounding better.

My very best wishes, cbel.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '13

Mariann....you have mail!

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Great can anyone PM me where she is will stop on my way to visit hubby at MMH.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

Fabulous news, joyful and GC! Thanks for the updates -- glad to know she is in good hands. Will try to visit at some point.

I presume that, if she wants to get out and about, she will need a ride. I'm not sure to what extent folks there have their own cars, nor do I know how mobile cbel is at this point, anyway.

Looking forward to hearing more! Thanks again.

Jul '13

Hopeful - Not 100% sure but I do see a Paragon Village courtesy bus around town. That may just be to doctors appointments, but I thought they dropped people off at Target/Walmart/Shoprite/Weis/etc. So she may be able to get out more than anticipated.

Paragon Village has the same services for its residents as Heath Village. Special buses to Dr. and dental and hair appointments and larger buses to go to all the other stores or shopping places. They also use these buses for the residents that are mobile and can get out and enjoy the special events and visits to theatres, etc that the Activities Directors plan for them....

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Hello all,

Just want to give a quick update.

Mom is in the assisted living unit. She is not able to drive and is mobile via a wheelchair as she cannot walk far and is on oxygen. I'm their as much as I can, but do live an hour away. It was important for her to be near her friends, so I chose Paragon Village for its services, great reputation and so she can be near all off her forum friends that she loves so much. It would be very helpful if she could have a ride from time to time to get the things she needs since she cannot drive on her own. They do have scheduled service and will take her to her doctor and local shopping from time to time. She can be reached in her apartment at 908.498.0152.

Thank you all and have a great 4th of July weekend.

Debbie

Jul '13

Debbie... I will help out.. after work or sat afternoons or sundays.

Hope she remembers me.. :)

Vanessa Vanessa
Jul '13

Thanks Debbie.........Will always help out once hubby is out of the hospital.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

cbel - you have my number. You or Debbie can call me anytime for anything. We need a breakfast, time and place of your choosing. We can always bring your favorites to you!

Picture yourself strong :)

A update as per our friend Cbel at the request of her daughter Debbie....Cbel has been having some breathing problems and was admitted to Hackettstown Hospital two days ago. I have visited with her and talked with her and she is in good spirits. However, her current heart condition and overall health does not make it feasible to have the much needed open heart surgery. Instead from what I know today she will be transferred back to Morristown Memorial Hospital to perform a heart procedure that may correct some of her current heart problems. Let's all continue with those good thoughts and prayers for a wonderful lady and friend..

joyful joyful
Jul '13

AS all ways our thoughts are and prayers are with you cbel

Jul '13

God bless cbel. I am here already. As soon as she is here I will visit.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

Cbel ~ your in my prayers. Hope you are feeling a little bit better today.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

Cbel..know you are loved here. Please also remember her daughter at this difficult time. These times in life are very hard for family members too.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

Joyful, thanks for posting the update. I was going to but didn't get around to getting online until now.

I was lucky enough to be able to sit in with cbel and Debbie's conversation with the Dr. yesterday. He took the time to really explain the many issues she has, how the heart is supposed to work and what hers is doing. Also why or why not certain things can be done at this time. He even drew a diagram as he was explain so that we can understand better.

She will be having a Balloon Valvuloplasty done and then back into a rehab. Not sure if it will be the same place as before.

And yes, I agree with Bessie about remembering Debbie also. She has so much to deal with. This is physically and emotionally draining for her. Hopefully we can try to be there for her as well with whatever she needs.

My love, thoughts and support are for both of them. xo

have added both of them to my prayer list, may god bless them both and send angels of healing and protection to them at this point in time. may caged animals spirit wolf guide the doctors hands and guide their judgment so they can truly see what needs to be done and do it right.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Stopped in to see cbel this morning and she is in good spirits. She's looking forward to getting better.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

Best of luck Cbel. Get well soon.

idlechatter idlechatter
Jul '13

Thinking of you, cbel, and sending healing energy.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '13

Does anyone know if she is at MMH yet? I have checked and no record yet.

I am going home for the night and want to stop by. I will be back tomorrow. Just need to take care of a few things.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I just called MMH to try to talk to cbel and they told me she is in an area that there is no phone. I asked if she was waiting for a room or was she in surgery and she said she couldn't tell me anything except that she is in an area that has no phone.

This is ridiculous and frustrating that none of us have any idea where she is at this point and if she is in surgery tonight or what. I have to work tonight so I can't even go there now, plus it's late already.

Hopefully we will get an update soon...

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

She is in the Gagnon Unit and does have a phone. Check with Patient Information.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

SueR, legally if you are not a family member who has been given permission to receive information or if you are not the POA, they are not allowed to even tell you that she is there. Hope she's recovering.

Someone
Jul '13

I left at 8pm and she was NOT yet admitted to the Gagnon unit. this could mean that she was still in post op. So I will check tomorrow when I go in.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

Someone, yes, I know and understand that. My frustration is more for the fact that out of family and friends, nobody knows for sure where she is and if she had the surgery. I'm a little cranky tonight.

As per another request from Cbels daughter, Debbie I have the current update:

Cbel has had her procedure done at Morristown hospital and is currently resting comfortably. What is the next step..... I do not know at this point in time but as soon I know you all will know. I have told Debbie to tell her that all of her Forum friends are wishing her the very best and she is in all of our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery, my prayers are with you and family and friends, although I do not know you personally for many years I have followed your posts and commented on many, so although we may have never met face to face, I feel connected. HUGS

Jean09 Jean09
Jul '13

Thanks to all who post on this thread. I appreciate the updates and wish Cbel a speedy recovery!

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

I finally talked to cbel just now, but only for a minute. She said she will try to call me later and that she had to go. But she did say that she was very sad.

Please, if anyone can go visit her, now is the time she needs it most. Unfortunately, I am stuck home with an awful migraine and blurry vision. There's no way I can drive there or be up for visiting right now.

Her number is 973-682-2029

I was there this morning. She was sleeping. She woke up a little confused but then realized who I was. She is weak but very lonely. I could not stay long as I have a million things to do today plus my husband is still there. I will go again tomorrow if I go. Not sure if I am making it there tomorrow or not.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I am visiting someone there. I can pop in and say hi, however we have never
met. I don't want her to be uncomfortable. Have followed her on this thread for a very long time

becca becca
Jul '13

Saw cbel today and chickadee came in while I was there. She is very weak and a bit confused at times. She still has difficulty breathing but is stable. She is lonely and says hi to everyone.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I spent a few hours with cbel yesterday at the hospital. With not knowing how much longer she has, we said our goodbyes. It's just the most heartbreaking thing. I wanted her to know how much she means to me and how much I appreciated her being there for me when I was going through a really tough time in my life.

I will always keep her in my heart. <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is part of a message from Debbie:

"As of tonight, Mom is now in hospice care at paragon village in hackettstown. Her heart and lungs are failing. It breaks my heart to say that I've been told that best case scenario is that she has 2 weeks to live.

Thank you everyone for all the love and wonderful support I've had over the last few months. I could not have made it without all of you."

OMG No...

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '13

I'm so sad to hear this news

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

sending more prayers to cbel and family , so very sad right now.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Debbie - I am very sorry to hear about your mom. I only met her the one time but she was extremely friendly. I hope that you and your family make it through this tough time with the strength you need.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '13

I'm very sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with Cbel and her family.

I am so very sorry to hear about Cbel. When we visited her a couple of weeks ago, she seemed like she was doing pretty well. My thoughts and prayers are with Cbel and her family through this very difficult time.

I'm so sorry to hear, very sad, she will be missed. I met her at a few HL events. She did some great work helping to bring people's unwanted items to the women's shelter. Much love to her and her daughter Debbie and all who will miss her.

Lynnada Lynnada
Jul '13

I just read this thread and I am very sad. I was speaking to Clyde and Bessie and they told me Cbel was sick. I am so sad to see her health decline so fast. Carol and Debbie are in my prayers.

Just Asking Just Asking
Jul '13

My prayers for cbel, Debbie and all in the HL community.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

I am so sorry to hear this and I my prayers are with Carol and her family.

I was very sad to learn this news last night. I met Carol several times and found her to be a lovely lady. Our large age difference didn't keep us from being able to chat and relate to one another.

My thoughts and prayers are with Carol, Debbie and her family.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

I'm really so sad to hear this. When I last saw Carol at HRMC, she seemed so hopeful. She's in my prayers.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

Ian..you have mail

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

It is indeed a sad day hearing news like this. I pray that her family and friends have the strength to get though the next couple of weeks. It will be a challenging and heart breaking time. Be grateful the time to say your good-byes as so many people don't get that opportunity. Stay strong Debbie!

I don't think she has felt well the last year or so but I do think that her HL family made her very happy and most likely kept her going for longer than she would have if she didn't have the many HL functions to attend. Namaste Carol!

Firefly Firefly
Jul '13

Very sad news. My thoughts are with cbel as well as her family and friends.

I'm so sorry to read these recent events. My thoughts and prayers are with cbel and her family.

LV Mom
Jul '13

@Firefly, you are correct in saying she viewed people on here as her family. She expressed happiness tonight about how many friends she made by being a part of this group.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Carol and Debbie.

Had the pleasure of meeting Carol at some of the HL luncheons. She is the most genuine kindest person I have ever met. My prayers are with her and her family.

Tweety Tweety
Jul '13

Sending prayers and wishes for comfort to cbel, her family, and friends.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Jul '13

When I went to see her yesterday she told me about Hospice. We held hands and she told me she was grateful. We both cried. Debbie and Carol are in my prayers. I thought about her all day.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I am so sad and sorry to hear this. My heartfelt prayers are being sent to Cbel and her family and friends. I never met her personally, but feel as though I know her because I felt her niceness and kind nature via her many posts on HL over the years.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Jul '13

Prayers sent

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jul '13

I am very sad to hear this news. Like others, not knowing Cbel personally I enjoyed her posts and have missed her on the forum. I was hoping each time I checked this thread there would be good news.

My prayers are with Cbel and her family. My prayers are also with the many people on this forum that know her personally. I am very sorry.

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Jul '13

Prayers and love to Cbel and her family - xoxoxo

TerryLynn TerryLynn
Jul '13

cbel, thinking of you and sending prayers your way... God bless

justintime justintime
Jul '13

All my prayers and thoughts to cbel and her family

Prayers and good thought are being said for Carol, Debbie, friends & family.

Wendy

Wendy Beleno Wendy Beleno
Jul '13

Very sad news......

She's a very gracious and charming lady. Her calming and sane influence will be sorely missed.

Sending all good thoughts and prayers to her and her family during this sad time.

ImOnSaxton ImOnSaxton
Jul '13

Just got back from visiting Cbel... I did her hair for the last year. I talked her her about my memories of her and how much I enjoyed her company. She said some things to me that I will never forget. And I read to her and prayed with her. And She had a big smile on her face. : ) She became tired and I wanted to let her sleep. Carol has a beautiful heart.

happiness
Jul '13

My prayers are with cbel and her family. I never met her, but as others have said, I enjoyed getting to know her through her HL postings. Hospice can be a blessing for both person being cared for and the family. We are all going to leave this earthly world one day and being able to say everything you want to those you love and vice versa is something not everyone is lucky enough to get to do. Cherish every moment with those you love and hold the loving memories close in your heart.

Jules Jules
Jul '13

Great advice Jules. We all need to follow it. Memories are so important. We need to make them every day with our families. Bless Cbel and her family. Prayers for you all.

Martha Martha
Jul '13

I have never spoke to Cbel or met her. I popped my head in her room several days ago when I was visiting some one. She was sleeping and looked so peaceful. I did not wake her but softly touched her hand and prayed quietly. That will be my lasting memory of a blessed angel I never met, I pray for her and all who love and treasure her kind heart and warm spirit ...

becca becca
Jul '13

My prayers are with her and her family.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '13

This is devastating news. I cannot express how sad I am to hear it.

Carol and Debbie, you are in my thoughts and my heart.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '13

Is Cbel at Hospice Paragon or still at MMH? Prayers are with the entire family, so sorry during this difficult time :)

Jean09 Jean09
Jul '13

At paragon

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

Thoughts and prayers for cbel. Puts everything in perspective today. She made the forum a better place to visit.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '13

I am so sorry to hear this news. Cbel, I will be praying for you, your family and friends as you all walk this journey together. Although we never got to meet, I feel like I know you through your posts. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and common sense with us all...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jul '13

It hurts me so deeply to have to give this news, but cbel has passed in her sleep this morning. She was lucky enough to be surrounded by many loved ones yesterday. At her request, there will not be a funeral and she will be cremated. But, sometime before the end of the summer, there will be some sort of memorial for her. We want everyone to be able to come together and celebrate her life and how she touched us all.

Debbie and I thank you all for the love and support you all have shown. She will be missed dearly.

Rest in peace mama cbel. Love, your "other daughter" <3

My thoughts and prayers are with cbel's many friends and family during this difficult time. May you find peace in the many happy memories you have of her. God Bless.

My condolences go out to all of Cbel's family and friends.
RIP, Cbel...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jul '13

RIP cbel. Sincere condolences to Debbie and her friends.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '13

Condolences to her family. May she rest in peace.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '13

It saddens me to hear this. I haven't kept up with this thread after the initial posts, but I was under the impression she was doing better. Go with God, cbel. Prayers for your family and friends.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '13

I had a feeling we were going to hear this news today. I have been checking for updates since about 6 am. I am thankful that it happened quickly and my thoughts are with her family and friends at this time. I believe she has found her peace and bag o bliss. I bet her and Gordy are talking about all of us right now!

Firefly Firefly
Jul '13

I'm very grateful that I got a chance to see and speak to her yesterday before she left us. In true cbel fashion, the first words out of her mouth were "You know, I really didn't like you", referring to our early interactions on the Forum.

Of course, I already knew that... but I found it refreshing that she stayed true to herself even to the end. Obviously, the conversation went up from there and we shared a couple of laughs and some deeper discussions as well. She was at peace and she was ready to go. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to say that.

Beneath her sometimes gruff exterior rested a heart of gold. I'll never forget her and I'm glad to be able to call her my friend. Rest in peace, cbel... I'll miss you.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '13

Carol was second mom to many more than people know. In the past few years she said many times how she had found family through all the people she met here on HL. Always interesting, always quick to find humor no matter what, she'll be missed.

Not to worry Carol, I promise to be at the cast party.

And I promise to give you lots of rest before we go table tipping..... ;-)

RIP

Joy in heaven. Tears on earth. I'll miss you Carol. And Debbie, you have my condolences. Your mother loved you very much.

God be with her and her beautiful family. When I was making a personal decision about relationships earlier this year cbel made a comment and said .. "Remember dear, it's about the children too".. the only words ever exchanged. Debbie .. you are loved, mom with always be with you..

becca becca
Jul '13

I also did not know cbel, but am sorry to hear the news. RIP.....

acl76 acl76
Jul '13

Cbel will be missed by all of us. The nicest lady. Blessings to Debbie snd her family.

Jul '13

We should all be so lucky to be surrounded by friends and to pass peacefully as she did. My condolences...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jul '13

I'm on-again, off-again with HL, but Carol was always one of my "go-to" friends on the Forum. She was one of the first of HL folks I met -- we met at the cupcake place, and I met several others of you there, as well. I have been a poor correspondent, but I am glad so many of you -- SueR, GC, Joyful, Mindy's Mom, Christine, ianimal, Bessie, and others -- were there for her during these last couple of months, especially, and well beyond that, of course.

I like to think that Carol knew she had a great group of friends on HL, and I'm sure that comforted her. I hope that her daughter, Debbie, is doing okay during this very difficult time.

Carol was one in a million, and I'm grateful to have known her. I know for sure that the Forum will miss her unique perspective, her interesting questions, and her overall great attitude toward life.

I will try to attend whatever kind of HL gathering is arranged. (SueR, I know you'll keep me posted on FB.)

Peace and Love to Carol and Debbie...

Jul '13

My most condolences to Debbie, the rest of Carol's family, and her friends. I only met Carol the one time but have had a few private email exchanges. She was always friendly and kind in her words. She spoke her mind on this forum but was always respectful - a true role model for all of us to aspire to.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '13

rip cbel - - - go with god and may god bless and comfort your family and friends left behind (that includes you SueR)

is there a type of flower that cbel really liked? and is there a place where she used to like to take a stroll? i would like to get some perennials that cbel was fond of and plant them along one of her favorite walks. serious about doing this.

please let me know ? thx

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

BrotherDog, that's a very nice idea! I'm not sure what kind of flower, but as for a place, I'd have to say she LOVED the Warren County Library (NE Branch). She was in there many times a week for books and dvd's. She was well known there. If they would allow something to be planted outside there for her, I think that would be really special. :)

Debbie ~

Praying for friends to comfort you, faith to uphold you, and loving memories to help you smile again.

Your mom will be missed...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

I am very sad to hear of Cbel's passing. My heartfelt sympathy to Daughter Debbie and Cbel's family and friends. RIP ....

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Jul '13

Brotherdog, I don't know what kind of flowers that she liked, but that is a great idea.

I hope they have computers in heaven. She won't be able to post but I know she will enjoy keeping up with all the posts on the forum. She loved being on here, even when the posters made her angry. I think that's when she loved it the most !

RIP Carol. I will miss you my friend and keep the Panera Breakfast club going in your honor !

Mariann Mariann
Jul '13

Cbel was a special person and loved by so many. I loved the way she would "tell it like it is" on the Forum and her sense of humor. She was always ready to organize a get-together. She brought people together. We will all miss her.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

Sad day. She will be very much missed. I'm sorry I didn't visit her before she passed. Rest in peace , Carol.

This is very sad news. I will miss cbel very much. My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '13

I am saddened by this news. I will miss her very much and am also honored to have known her. My deepest condolences, Debbie, we're here for anything you may need. RIP Carol ~ I know you're smiling down on all of us ~ thank you for the good times.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

I just found out about this sad news. I was thinking of going to see Cbel today. She
will be missed. Prayers going out to Debbie. Cbel became a great firend this past
year and I will miss her.

Jul '13

My condolences to her family and her many friends. May God welcome her into His arms.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '13

Yesterday, Carol told me that we probably butted heads so often because we were both "cut from the same cloth".

I think that was one of the finest compliments I've ever received.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '13

For Carol ~ RIP

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

RIP Carol. You will be missed!

jrsemom jrsemom
Jul '13

Very sad day. I will miss you, Carol. You did not suffer fools gladly but were always among the first to offer help to those in need. I'm honored to have been your friend. Deepest condolences to Carol's family and friends. And I love the perennial idea. . . perhaps our next perennial swap could include plans for a Cbel garden!

colette colette
Jul '13

I am so sorry to hear of Carol's passing. I will miss her and our visits at Panera's. There is a special place in heaven for her! To all her family and friends, may Carol's memory forever be a blessing to you. Brotherdog, what a great idea, if you need any help planting, just let me know. I would be happy to help.

Rest in Peace, Carol. You will be misses by many!

I always enjoyed reading Cbels genuine responses...my sincere condolences to the family.

..... "Afterlife, abortion, gay marriage, gun control, etc. I'd rather state my opinion once, respect the others' and be done with it. I've never seen anyone's mind change on these subjects, at least on HL." Cbel

Carol ... rest in peace...

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '13

I never had the pleasure of meeting cbel in person, but we corresponded periodically via email, mostly so I could share pictures of my son with her. My thoughts are with her and her family during this difficult time.

I have included the last picture I sent to cbel. I hope it warmed her heart as much as it warms mine.

htownnewbie, what a nice quote from Cbel and it personifies her so well.

I'm very sad that I didn't get a chance to visit. I will remember her fondly and I take comfort knowing she is no longer suffering.

Brotherdog, I think a Cbel garden is a lovely idea.

To Debbie and Carol's friends and family, my sincerest condolences.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

Cbel...my friend Carol and I met about 3 years ago at a HL breakfast and we shortly became good friends because of a few things.. One was the fact that there was finally someone posting on the Forum that was close in age to her and also that we shared a mutual interest in the spiritual life and the "beyond" and that we both really cared about our fellowman and wanted to help anyone in need as much as we could.. Other than these things.....our daily personal lives and our other likes and dislikes were so very different. Next to the last time over the past few weeks that I actually got to talk one on one with Carol we shared not only a nice long personal talk but she told me that soon she was going to leave this world and she was ready and that she had already informed Paul (Debbie's Dad) of seeing him soon. She knew I would understand what she was telling me as fact (and not coming from someone that had just been diagnosed with dimentia as well).. Thank you Ianimal for telling her once more that I loved her last night.
We will meet again one day, Carol...on the Other Side..where I know you are now free of pain and with your beloved husband..

joyful joyful
Jul '13

There is a huge hole in my heart today. My friend of 33 years has left this life. I am sure I will see you again, but until then I will think of you every day. I love you and miss you already.

Jul '13

My last day with carol will always be remembered. We held hands and cried together. She told me she was not going to make it. I told her to keep fighting. She told me she couldn't. I grabbed her hand and we just cried. I told her I was glad I met her and even though our relationship had its bumps we were both glad we had each other. She will be missed greatly. She really was a huge part of this forum.

Debbie my condolences and if there is anything you need just call.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I didn't know Carol, but enjoyed reading her posts.

Reading this now has brought tears to my eyes. She was/is surrounded by so much love.

Sending my deepest sympathy to Debbie.

My heartfelt condolences to Debbie and all of Carol's many friends, who have posted here. I am just full of grief at her passing and share your sorrow. I will miss her.

I know Carol loved being part of the HL community and valued the relationships she formed here either through posting her two cents or getting together for Sunday breakfasts, monthly lunches, Wednesday Panera Bread meet-ups, and Friday Legion dinners. She also loved meeting new people and was encouraging to newbies.

RIP Cbel.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

My deepest sympathies to Debbie and the rest of the family. I too as many have mentioned felt close to Carol although I never met her, just from our correspondences. RIP Cbel....you will be missed

Jean09 Jean09
Jul '13

Christine - That was absolutely heartbreaking to hear but I'm glad you shared it. It really demonstrates, that no matter what differences friends may have, at the end of the day, true friends are there for each other. Thank you for sharing - I know it is hard right now for all of Carol's close friends.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '13

suer - Karen at the NEB has a garden for her mother set (and moved form the old building) maybe we can add a little something to the side there and maybe even, if you want to ,get a little brass or bronze plate with a name and and a date and a saying of something.

personally i have a real thing for tulips and i think they are perennials, would cbel have liked tulips?

i wil check in with karen next time i stop by there.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

That sounds wonderful BD. Let me know. I would definitely like to work with you on making that happen.

Tulips are lovely. I was also thinking since her birthday is in August, how about the August birth flower, the Gladiolus? They are also a perennial.

Here is what I found and sounds perfect:

"The meaning of the August Birth Flower, the Gladiolus is sincerity and symbolizes strength of character, sincerity; generosity; natural grace, and imagination which is pretty on target with what a Leo’s characteristics are: honest, generous, self-motivated, warm hearted, and enthusiastic."

BD and Sue R .. let me know of any way I may be able to help with the flowers project

becca becca
Jul '13

My grandmother's favorite flower was gladiolus. Her birthday was also in August, it's traditional because that's about the time it starts to bloom. Very fitting.

I'll be happy to donate any number of perennials and work on it. One of the thing about both tulips and gladiolus is that they are both bulbs even though perennial. The tulip usually winters over, but gladiolus often does not. You are supposed to take them back out of the ground, store them in a cool dry place. So it's a bit of work to do.

But in any case, we can always work out the details.

I'm sure it's coincidental because I have been thinking of Carol lately (as we all are), but as I was driving to work this morning (before 7am) she popped into my head and I just smiled. Not sure why, but at the time I actually chuckled a little because it came out of nowhere. Given the timing I'll chock that up as a positive sign that she's just fine...

I like the idea of a garden btw.

justintime justintime
Jul '13

May her family find peace, love and consolation. Cbel, you are a generous spirit. It was a pleasure meeting you, even if only briefly.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '13

I havent been able to post, because I just cant stop crying and write a coherent sentence.

But im gonna try......Mom loved yellow tulips and I would often bring them on mothers day and easter.

I went home after midnight after mom fell asleep with me holding her hand. Mom passed between 5 and 6am. I woke up instantly at 5:30am and her best friend woke up at 5am. So not surprised justintime that she popped in to your head before 7 :-)

Mom talked to me often about sending me a sign after she died.....and she did around 10:30am. Mom was ready to go and be with my dad. She was at such peace yesterday and looking forward to being reunited with him. Happy to share that story when I have the pleasure of seeing you guys at her celebration next month.

With all my love,
Debbie

Jul '13

It's such a sad time here for those that knew Carol. She was a force to be reckoned with, happy with her friends here, happy with the social life it gave her, and happy to know so many loved her at the end of her life. Sure she was cranky sometimes, maybe a bit snarky to some people, but she had a heart of gold and Clyde and I will miss her dearly. If there's an upside to this, she left this earth just the way she wanted. It usually had to be Carol's way or the highway, and her death was no different. It was such a hard decision for her daughter to let her do it the way she wanted, but Debbie, I have such respect for you for knowing it was the right thing to do for your mom. For us, we've gotten to know Debbie more and hope that we can continue to be a part of her life. Please know we are thinking of our HL friends at this time.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

That's weird I too woke up at 6am thinking of cbel. I told myself I was going to take a ride to paragon to see her. We often talked about the afterlife. I shared a story with her about my experience.

Bessie your paragraph brought tears to my eyes as you hit the nail on the head with her description.

Debbie, if there is anything I can do please give me a ring.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

ok i will take time to go and ask the folks at neb and post back here . i love the tulips and the gladiolus, be in touch tomorrow sometime. (i got to work early but maybe can duck out and pursue this in the afternoon)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Bessie - I got teary just reading your lovely posting. How true. Cbel was her "own person". The last time I saw her, which was at HRMC just before she was transferred to Morristown for the last time, we made plans to do a few things when she "got better". Somehow, I knew she wouldn't get better, but I have the memory of that nice conversation and we both felt hopeful.

RIP my friend.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

My condolences to everyone she touched.

Count me in if you need any help with the garden ~ I also have a trailing rose bush with tiny coral roses if you guys can use it -- it's still in the pot as I was waiting for fall to plant it.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

I had the pleasure of meeting Carol when she was working on the Warren County Women's shelter project and her compassion really impressed me. My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time. Carol will remain in the hearts of so many.

I will truly miss Carol. Perhaps the only person I know who I could talk to or argue with or just discuss any topic we wanted and in an intelligent respectful manner. We may not of agreed on much or anything for that matter but I liked hearing what she had to say and I'm sure she liked hearing my twisted versions.
RIP my wonderful friend.

and I'm sure God will straighten you out on at least one topic......there is no such thing as a sex change. I'm sure God will tell you just as I have numerous times except this time I won't be the middle man. If God made you a man ( or woman ) then a man you will be no matter how you chose to mutilate your body..............................aaahhh i love it ....just one of many topics Carol and i covered over the years

My prayers and condolences to family and friends.

Margaret Margaret
Jul '13

Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to all.

animal lover animal lover
Jul '13

Carol never liked to have her picture taken and I only have 2 of both of us together. I really love this one. It was taken last August at a surprise 70th birthday party her HL family had for her. I thought I would share this with everyone. :)

What a lovely picture, thank you for sharing!

becca becca
Jul '13

Sorry to hear this... condolences to all who hearts she touched and who loved her.

I only met her a few times yet I could see she had a great soul.

Great picture SueR. Thanks for sharing.

Mariann Mariann
Jul '13

SueR - I remember the event very well, she was so surprised and pleased. Thanks for posting the lovely picture.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

i stopped by the library today, spoke with the staff there, they took a moment to figure out who i was talking about and then the tears started, they knew and liked cbel quite well, were very fond of her and were startled by the news. they confirmed she was there all the time and they were worried about her because they had heard she had some health issues and she had some items that she never picked up. (that's when i started to choke up a bit) i asked them about the little garden. and they advised me to confer with the one whose mother it was planted for. (a talented , skilled and experienced librarian who happens to be one of brightest people i have ever met), as we talked and shared together, i asked for her impression of the suggestion of adding some flowers to her mom's memorial garden to remember cbel by and she thought it would be ok. we spoke about different flowers and soon discovered that the gladiolus was not well liked her mother who the garden was planted for. so as we stood together musing for a few moments she suggested another spot right in front of the library and shared with me how this spot was used in the past by some local girl scouts to plant some stuff but it has fallen into disuse. after some general open discussion of all present the consensus was that this over grown spot might be repurposed for a new flower garden in memory of cbel. they also suggested some other things like a book donation program in her memory and something else which i cannot recall right now. i ran outside and took some grainy, crooked out of focus cell phone photos to show you guys. now if i can only get them out of my camera and up here on this thread you can see what might be used for a flower garden. the spot is to the left of the front door, to the left of the existing flower garden, and looks like a rough circle of medium-large rocks. it is full of weeds. i will get the pics up here in a short while, but wanted to give you all the current updates.

thanks

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Thank you, Brother Dog for looking into this at the library. Talking further with Debbie she has informed me that her Mother's favorite color was Yellow. Planting yellow tulips(her favorite) and any other plant that might be of that color would make a beautiful "Yellow Garden" for Cbel.. Just a suggestion..

joyful joyful
Jul '13

So sorry for your loss :( Stay strong and God Bless

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jul '13

My condolences to the family.

Cherie Cherie
Jul '13

Thank-you SueR for the photo - it is so nice to be able to put a lovely face to the cbel some of us only knew through her HL postings. Prayers and strength to her family and friends.

Jules Jules
Jul '13

Debbie, so sorry for your loss. Your mom was much appreciated and loved here. And to HL, sorry for the loss of such an active & respected forum participant.

Slade Slade
Jul '13

You're welcome. I thought it would be nice for those that knew her, to see her lovely smiling face again. And for those that didn't, to now know her lovely smiling face. :)

BrotherDog, I'm LOVING the idea of her own garden area!
(and not to take away from Karen's mother's memorial)
Thanks so much for looking into this.

I knew GC would be full of knowledge! I do not have a green thumb what so ever, lol. But I will be involved and help as much as I can. I will also take care of the plaque.

Bessie, I gotta say, I just love the description you posted of her! Very true. She was a tough cookie and had her moments, (who hasn't?) but was truly a wonderful woman.

RIP~
Doing a quick search shows that the last thread Cbel started was about Agoraphobia about a week before she fell ill in May. She talked about how she feels like its starting to hit her again ( now I think somehow she knew) now she is cured!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jul '13

I only met cbel at a couple of lunches and get-togethers I had a chance to attend, just to see who all these people posting on HL really are ... but the fact that she took the lead in arranging such occasions says a lot about her. The proof is in all the posts I'm reading here, she became a local celebrity to rival Russ Long.

Enjoyed all the musical posts and threads, really got into that ... I'll always remember that she was a big fan of Carly Simon and the old music we "golden oldies" grew up with in a simpler less stressful time ... the world had its problems back then, too, but if I could turn the clock around and go back, I would.

Thanks for all the memories -- RIP.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '13

my cell phone pics didn't take, i gotta go over there and take them again,

SueR you can pull weeds right? that will be the first chore, my better half tells me it is not quite the right time of the season to plant yellow tulips, not sure about when to plant gladiolus, the library folks (and the patrons) might appreciate a cared for little place instead of the bunch of weeds currently occupying that very visable space in front, so it is a double win.

thinking of printing up a little card that says: "in loving memory of CBEL, the beloved Grand Dame of HL"

you guys can decide if and/or what to say or maybe not say anything just let the flowers make their own unique statement.

sorry about the cell phone pics, i just can't get the hang of taking/migrating them. will try again sometime today.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

from the free dictionary -

grande dame (grnd dm, gränd däm)
n. pl. grandes dames also grand dames (grnd dm, gränd däm)
1. A highly respected elderly or middle-aged woman.
2. A respected woman having extensive experience in her field: the grande dame of women's professional tennis.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French : grande, great + dame, lady.]

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

I struggle with technology, too, I use being 62 as my excuse. I use the internet (obviously) and email, but I liked taking photos with a 35 mm camera using Kodak film ... cbel was a link to those happier times for me. Sometimes when someone passes away, you wish you'd had the time to get to know that person better.

This is one of those times.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '13

"This is one of those times."

Sadly I feel the same way. I hate having regrets....

justintime justintime
Jul '13

Carol always said how she loved putting a face to the people she posted with. Or even just to know.... is she talking to a man, a woman, a teenager, a "golen oldie"? She felt it helped give her a better understanding of where they may be coming from with their posts.

justintime, you were definitely at the top of her list of someone on HL she wanted to meet in person. She has said it many times over the years.

BrotherDog.. I can help with weeding and maintaining since I live near there. Please keep me in the loop and message me if you choose. I regret I was not able to see Carol with her eyes open to just meet in person for a few brief moments. For five minutes I just watched her sleep when I popped in to visit her. I am grateful I was able to at least see her in person since we had never met. She private messaged me a few times about personal things and I heard and appreciated her words so much.

becca becca
Jul '13

BrotherDog, thank you for taking the initiative to find out about a garden space for Carol. I'm not sure about the gladiolus, but tulips should be planted in the fall. I would be happy to help out with this project. I'm going to see about finding some beautiful yellow tulip bulbs.

I had forgotten that Carol and I shared the Leo astrological sign. Perhaps that's why we got along. :o)

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

I didn't mean to not answer your question BD. Of course I can weed and help prep the area. I WANT to be involved in it. I'm just saying when it comes to the actual planting, someone else can do that. LOL I just have no luck when I try to plant something. But I will be right there as they do so, helping as much as I can. :)

I know to some, Carol seemed snippy at times, some might have wanted to call her a nasty old lady, but the thing that she taught me was we were all going to get old and even if you were old, you can learn. On one hand it was her way or that's it, but on the other hand, she put her mind to learning new things and was never stuck in "the way it used to be". She got that! I've met a few people older than me on HL and it has given me a new spin on aging. I can be cranky, but I have to keep moving on with the times. I often tell the story of when I first started my job, 26 years ago, I was a young 32 year old, who thought she knew everything. There were some "old" people that worked there which we lovingly referred to as the "old biddies". Well, now there's a lot of young people who work in my office and I'm sure my name now is "one of the old biddies". So if you're young, remember that you too will become one of the "old biddies" someday. My words of wisdom for the day!

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

The Library Flower idea makes me so happy!! I too have regrets about not being able to meet Cbel, but most of our conversations were on the book threads so it seems so appropriate. Please let me know how I can help or where to send a donation for the maintenance of the garden.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

"I just have no luck when I try to plant something. But I will be right there as they do so, helping as much as I can. :)"

yes, that may have been your past exp with with growing things, but now you have spiritual support, and that will make a big difference in your planting exp going forward. i am fully convinced that you, SueR, will have spiritual support from on high, (i believe that those who have recently departed us help sheppard this support from the other side, and i think cbel was quite spiritual)

yellow tulips in the fall, gladiolus in august, i will try and get this organized.

my personal mo for these kind of projects is do them with donations of time, materials and effort, and good will, no money ever needs to change hands on this.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Thank you, BD ~ for spearheading this wonderful idea. I still have the rose bush I mentioned above if you're interested and I can definitely help with the work of clearing, planting and up keep. Please let me know where I can be most useful.

Sue -- Love that photo! Thank you for sharing it ~ it's great being able to "see" Carol again.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

Fall is the time when you plant tulip bulbs, then they bloom in spring. But August is the time the gladiolus bloom. You plant those in the spring, they're starting to bloom now with the hot weather, like one house going down Washington street between Warren & Little.

The rose bush would be a great compliment because you have one spring blooming, and one late Summer blooming. The rose bush would fill the gap between. If we want something to take it from late Summer right up to October, then we could get some nice yellow mums. You have to work on those to get them to take and come back in next year. But when they have hold, they really come back each year.

Other possible yellows:

Fill the tulips out with daffodils for spring flowers

Coreopsis - very long lasting from June to September, several types available that need little care and have other colors mixed in, two three feet tall

Heliopsis - tall daisy looking, very easy to care for and abundant flowers

Black eyed susans - extremely low care, varieties can be short or tall

Yellow Tiger Lily will really give it some class.

ok gc, you really know your stuff

we got the ok from the library to use that area, i will go rope it off and put up a little tag. so you all will know where it is. it wlil be up to us to take care of this little area. the landscapers have been instructed not to spray the flower gardens and that is why we need to be mindful of the weeds over time.

will also try once again to take a cell phone picture and get it posted here. wish me luck on that.

first steps would be to clean it out (weeds) and get the soil ready for planting, i am not a directive kind of guy, and also have a poor sense of style, so if you all want some type of cohesive design and arrangements we would have to work that out.

me i'm practical, tulips are tall so they go towards the back? gladiolus are shorter so they stay up front?

gc, the rose bush, how aggressive does it get spreading itself out? there was a concern expressed about the 'invasiveness' of rose bushes, i can trim them once in while and do some weeding as maintenance once this is planted, i got the cutters and i like to trim stuff (and do firewood) cant figure out why .. . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

ah! just thought of this, here is a copy of what the library staff sent to me: (thought you guys might like to see the official permission from them):

Cindy and I talked about this and we agree that the best idea would be to let you guys "take over" that stone-ringed garden section to the left in the front of our building. That way you can get together and choose, plant, and take care of any type of plants you want -- as long as they're not invasive (like the rugosa roses we spoke of). It would be good if you could try to keep in mind that tulips don't last long, and gladiolas don't overwinter and need to be dug up, saved and replanted. So some other type of perennials or annuals would be useful to fill in the area. And/or some kind of groundcover.

You can put a sign in there too.

Once you guys start, we'd leave you all to take care of it. Our landscape company, who mow and spray for weeds everywhere else on the property, have been told to keep out of the flower beds. (That's why the weeds are so robust in the beds -- it's been too hot to weed!)

Karen

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

BD - They aren't concerned about roses in general, just a particular type of wild rose. That's not what we're talking here. Also tulips are maybe two feet tall, gladiolus are four to six feet tall. You got those exactly backwards. But tulips also come and go quickly like all the spring bulbs. You can plant those in between other things and they drop out when the others start coming up.

The comments from the library are exactly what I was saying. Two things we talked about bloom at different ends of the year so something is needed in between - which the rose will be good. Most rose bushes are very nice and neatly contained, they are good in little apartment complexes because they're compact. (and I know just who grows nice rose bushes)

They suggested a ground cover - that creeping sedum from the plant exchange this year would do nicely.

After weeding I would suggest actually turning the soil under and mixing with compost. You don't know how good the soil is. Then you can see how many plants you actually have and figure where to fit them. I'll take a quick look tomorrow, I can bring a decent camera.

ok, so now you know how much i dont know about flowers!

i can weed and turn the soil, get some compost,

thanks for the advice and observations,

i will try and rope off the area so you know where it is

to the left of the front door, left of the garden, still in front of the bldg, and not as far left as the concrete loading dock, there is a loose circle of stones that is just chock full of weeds and needs our attention.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

i also like yellow carnations, what time of year do they grow?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

How about some Gerber Daisy's? Not sure when to plant those, but I'm sure GC would know.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

Carnation - easy to grow, blooms June & July, but likes it kind of dry. That's not such a good mix with the rose bush that's going to want lots of water.

Gerbera's are basically annuals. Look nice and can be used to fill in like some marigolds could do as well. But you'd have to buy them every year. The heliopsis is the closest thing in a perennial to that.

arent marigolds an august flower? and they are real short right?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Marigolds are all summer long, they're annuals. Yes, very short.

I would very much like to be a part of this. If someone would let me know what is needed, I would like to purchase something and donate it to the project.

Cbel would be so pleased. She was an avid reader and loved the Library.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

This area in front of the library gets full sun. I could donate some yellow coreopsis (blooms in summer) and red ornamental poppies (blooms in spring) from my garden. They both do well in full sun and don't require watering.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

I also have some black eyed Susans; they should probably go in the back though as they grow very tall - 1 to 2 feet from what I've got in my garden -- let me know when it's a good time for planting since I think us staying organized would be beneficial ;) My girls loved Carol as well and are very excited about this idea to keep her alive in our hearts.

Note about the roses -- it's a Flower Carpet Amber -- so it will not climb -- let me know your thoughts ~ thank you!

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

I would love to donate some of my yellow day lilies. I just don't know how or when to split them up.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

Yellow Yarrow is a hardy perennial that is somewhat old fashioned looking. It is easy to care for, especially if you are dealing with full sun in that area.
The white Yarrow grows wild all over the place. The mention of yellow made me think of it. I have not had it in a while but I feel like it blooms all summer.

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Jul '13

Brotherdog: I would love to help with the garden in memory of Carol. Please let me know when you are startung the project.

Brotherdog .. maybe we can find a day and time to meet there as a group? I would be happy to at least start the cleaning and weeding. If anything is planted soon this weather is a killer for plants, and flowers would need to be watered daily. Whatever I can do to help. Thanks

becca becca
Jul '13

yep to all of the above, i will rope off the area today, and try again to post a cell phone picture, the time is now, i can see and feel the spirit moving people to action, GOOD! totally onboard with that, but my schedule won't me permit to work on this until next saturday or next sunday. however no need to wait for me if the spirit is moving you guys,

as my father always taught me: "Go Forth Boldly"

no need to wait for direction, but hook with with a buddy or two if you want, it's all good,

first steps is to:

1. weed the area, pull the weeds,

2. turn the soil and like GC suggested, while turning the soil, enrich it with some compost, etc.

after that; from prior posts above and with the mix of flowers being different heights and different blooming schedules maybe we can come up with a generalized plan for an arrangement? i dont know how to organize that, maybe some of you guys with a better sense of style and better knowledge of horticulture can ring in with that, i'm thinking if we can put little stakes in various spots with the name of the flowers on them then anyone can stop by at anytime and do a little gardening?

when asking about where cbel liked to walk, the quick consensus was the NEB of the Warren County Library was one of her favorite places to visit and she was there several times a week. i happen to love that library and the librarians in there are the some of the best i have ever run across in my lifetime. really good at what they do. so this feels as natural as sunshine.

i love it when a plan comes together, and this plan gelled so nicely and quickly, it is almost like it has had some help from 'across the pond' (and that's all i'm gonna say about that)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

After Mt Lake breakfast left out, the gang of us all descended on the library to look it over. We want to be clear, there is a section from the entrance to the walkway. Then there is a big butterfly bush with some purple cone flower next to the walkway. Then between the butterfly bush and the loading dock is another that's rectangler instead of square like next to the entrance. It's the rectanglular area, with big stones, right? The area next to the entrance also has very small stones around it in front.

Right next to the entrance we couldn't help but notice they already have a big yellow rose bush. I really meant to get a bunch of pictures all around but forget my memory card for the big camera. I did manage to take this one picture of those yellow roses. But BD can you confirm this is *not* the area they want us to work with, this is the "existing" garden that just needs a bit of weeding and filling out.

The other area is mostly full of rag weed some thistle thrown in, but with at least one reasonable patch of hostas in the front that's worth keeping. A little poking around also saw in the back a second small hosta dwarfed and lost in the weeds, as well as an iris still in it's container but planted in the ground.

This picture is that yellow rose - can you just confirm this is the other garden area for us?

After seeing the existing yellow rose, I suggest either asking if we could have a bit of that in our garden, or forgoing a rose and leaving that for the other garden. There's a reasonable amount of space for it, but there's more of a left and right rather than front and back as a rectangular area.

If the yellow yarrow is like the white, it might be a bit more invasive than the library might like. (we can always ask) Because of the size of the stones, it may be better to not consider the really small plants. The carnations may not work, day lilies should be just right, coreopsis might be better to have the thread leaf kind, black eyed susans will be perfect.

I should also say as we were all surveying the area this morning, that butterfly bush had some small visitors and one really big swallowtail on it. We all figured that must be Carol, not wanting to be left out of the conversation. ;-)

Since GC mentioned the butterfly this morning I feel I want to share something with my Forum friends ....for the believers and also the non believers...Carol knew I loved butterflys....I knew Carol's favorite color was yellow...Carol and I shared the belief in the spiritual world......The day after Carol passed I opened by kitchen door to see a big beautiful yellow butterfly just perched on the deck ...it did not fly away right away but instead just sat there while we exchanged feelings and I knew that was my sign that Carol is just fine!! This morning while looking at the area that is proposed for Carol's flower garden....Sue R exclaimed....look over there.....flying over the garden area by the library was the identical...big, beautiful yellow butterfly that greeted me the other morning. Needless to say, a few more tears were shed this morning....

joyful joyful
Jul '13

wow! what a story about the butterfly, yes, i think it's connected, and that's why this is coming together so quickly

i stopped by and roped off the area they want us to use. i took some more pics and will post them directly.

gc , correct, to the immeadiate left of the front dorr, (right next to the front door) is the garden for Karen's mother.

further left , and still in frin of the building. at the corner if the building , still just to the right of the concrete driveway and loading dock, surrounded by larger stones, not a circle per say, not rectangular, but yes full of weeds is an area about 5 fet wide and about 8 feet deep.

i put up some white twine and hung an index card wrapped inside a lunch bag that says; 'Cbel's Garden on it.'

let me see if i can email myself the pics and then upload them here . . . . . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Sorry to hear about this. I don't think I ever met her but I do remember her on the weather threads sometimes. My condolences to everyone.

Bryan Bryan
Jul '13

here! dang! finally got one!

you can see in this pic the area we can use.

with my little bit of twine and hand written index card.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

Thanks, BrotherDog... That is exactly where everyone thought it would be. Perfect spot.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

I was out of town for a few days and just read the sad news. She was such a wonderful and great lady. Only got to meet her once in person, but she had such a big heart. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Coralie Coralie
Jul '13

We stopped again by the Library this evening and saw BrotherDog"s roped off area and also the sign. Thank you for doing that so the " HL workers" will be sure what area is designated for Carol's garden....Plans are also soon to erect a permanent placque for the garden in Carol's memory as well.. I also feel that our best bet as soon as anyone is able to get over there and pull these gigantic weeds out of the designated garden area... Those that have offered their help and know the difference between a weed and a plant...., please when you have a hour or so...just go over and help us with that. Any and all HL friends of Carol or who would like to help with this project are more than welcome to participate. There are no committees...just caring people here who want to see Carol's garden become a reality. Thank you again, BrotherDog for taking the bull by the horns and getting this project on its way...Since I live very close to the library, I will be more than happy to inform everyone of our progress in making this project a reality.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

joyful .. when are you going over again?

becca becca
Jul '13

Becca: I can be over there just about anytime. As mentioned, anyone can go there and start preparing for Carol's garden with the clearing out and the weeding. At the moment the first thing we need to do is to get the tall weeds pulled in that designated area (it is really not that big of a area) and then we can plan the next steps... If you or anyone needs me to meet up with you there at anytime.......Just let me know......

joyful joyful
Jul '13

I'm just seeing now about her passing. My condolences to you and your family Debbie.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '13

This morning early Sue R just coming from work (still in uniform) is over at the library pulling weeds from Carol's proposed garden. These weeds are really high and thick stemmed so she stopped by for a shovel and clippers. She said she will post pictures on this thread from start to finish of the proposed Garden in Cbel's Memory. Anyone who would like to go there to help is welcome at anytime. It is not a big area so if everyone just spends a few minutes either weeding, putting down mulch, whatever you feel is needed at the time of your visit would be most appreciated.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Before....

And after.....

Who's next? 'Cause I'm ready to drop! LOL

Still some really deep, thick roots that need to come out.

GC, I found another potted plant in there. Not sure if you can zoom in, but it's toward the back right in this picture. It has small purple flowers on it. Unless those are weeds too....what do I know? Haha

I have a garden claw for removing the roots of the weeds if anyone wants to borrow it. Makes it pretty easy pull the roots up, let me know.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

The purple flowers are not a weed - I checked out the plot yesterday. Not sure of the name, but it's definitely a perennial of some sort!

colette colette
Jul '13

Great job, SueR!

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

The one thing in bloom with the long stems with purple flowers are hostas. You can see from SueR's first "after" picture that they have been left in tact. There was also an iris in the back which is already come and gone, but will be there for next year.

Thanks for the offer of the claw Bessie. From what was there, I hop that's enough. The whole thing looks like it needs to be dug up and turned over with the exception of the two things already there. I think someone wanted to donating something like a bag or two of compost, it would be a good time. It could be just left there by the site if they were just donating it. Someone else could always do the mixing in.

My condoleces to her family, God bless you and comfort you.

Jul '13

Look who was also there, watching. Though I could have sworn I heard things like, "You missed a spot. Aren't you don't yet? and You should really do it this way!"
Wow, bossy lil' butterfly! ;)

<3

And thanks, Tracy :)

I can get the claw over to someone that's working on it if they let me know when they will be working there.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

Wow SueR you are amazing!!! Looks fantastic!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

Thank you, Sue R.. Also thank you for posting the beautiful Yellow Butterfly. Carol is telling you that she loves you and thanks you too...

joyful joyful
Jul '13

I will pick up a couple of bags of compost today and take over to the site.

SueR you so amazing. I saw the amount of weeds yesterday and that was no easy job.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

GC, there were small purple flowers at the back of the plot, too. Definitely not hostas. And I don't think they were irises, either. They didn't look like irises, and irises wouldn't be in bloom right now. I have some yellow calendula that can be added in the Fall. And maybe some stelladora lilies - they're yellow, too.

colette colette
Jul '13

I find everyone's knowledge here of flowers amazing...obviously an area in life that I completely missed the boat on.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

Colette - the weeds were pretty tall, what you saw may have been hidden underneath. You can see in SueR's last picture there does appear to be something left over next to the iris behind the hostas. I'll check tonight and we can figure out what's there.

Good work, Sue R! I'm no gardener, I know nothing about it and because of health issues I am unable to work outside in the heat, so I'll cheer you all on from here. I think the garden is a great idea and I go the library a bit myself, so I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Would there be any butterfly attracting plants that would be good for the space? I know of butterfly bushes, it looks like the large bush near the garden may be one.

If there is anything needed that I can drop off, I'm more than happy to do that or maybe chip in some $ towards the plaque.

Lynnada Lynnada
Jul '13

Took a quick run up to the garden after work.

Lavender. I took a picture and the purple flower that is left over is definitely a variety of lavender. Besides the big hosta prominently in the picture, in the back there are three things still in their plastic containers. Definitely iris, different kind of hosta (non varigated), and then lavender is the third thing.

Why not do a lovely little plague that says something like "Friends are the flowers in the Garden of Life" or similar and then do individual markers for those that have passed. I can think of a least one other regular poster ( Gordy) that passed and unfortunately there will be others. It would be a nice way to honor the members of this Forum. It's just a thought.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '13

Good work suer, thanks everybody

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

FF, that's a fantastic idea!

Jules Jules
Jul '13

Firefly: That is a very nice idea and you might want to think about organizing something like that in the future. The plaque in (Cbel) Carol's memory is already ordered and paid for and will soon be placed in her own special Memorial Garden that many of us have already started working on and looking forward to it becoming a reality at the Warren County Library.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Didn't realize it was a done deal as it looked like ideas were being tossed around -
Like I said it was only a thought....

Firefly Firefly
Jul '13

Great job, SueR ~ fast and effective :)

I can be at the Library on Wednesday afternoon and plant the higher flowers (I thought they were black eyed susan and they look exactly the same except the center is not black, it's yellow).

GC mentioned that they would go towards the back -- so plant them by where the lavender is or more in the center?

Let me know - I don't want to mess with the design ~ thanks!

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

happy2bhere - There isn't a design yet, I think that's something that's going to be needed pretty soon. I've got soil to mix in that I will drop off early tomorrow. Then it should be ready for plantings, but it would be good to have some planning before that. If it's all yellow, I suspect it's the heliopsis I mentioned before. It's something you likely got in one of the plant exchanges. Here's a picture of it:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/531761#t532038

If that's what it is, that will potentially grow to 6-7 feet tall.

U guys r awesome!

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

GC, is it the right time to divide and remove some of my day lilies? I'd love to share them with Carol's garden. Just let me know and I will dig some up and bring them over when we're ready to plant.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

I met with Debbie (Carol's daughter) this morning and she wanted to thank everyone for all of the HL posts and support given to her over the past few months. She also is so very happy about the proposed Memorial Garden for Carol at the Library. It is still a very sad time for her and will be, obviously, for a long time to come. I just wanted you all to know she is really doing well and sending you all her love and sincere Thank You..

joyful joyful
Jul '13

I only actually met cbel once... We met up at panera to exchange ghost stories. I will never forget her. I loved her posts and her wisdom. She was so supportive and reassuring several years ago when I had surgery to remove a lump. My thoughts and prayers are with her family-especially her daughter. I'll gladly make a donation to the library in her name.

2Cents 2Cents
Jul '13

I came across this article today and thought you guys would find it interesting...

http://www.guideposts.org/blogs/angels-watching-over-us/heavenly-angels-butterflies-are-signs-god

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

Thanks for letting us know, joyful. I have been thinking about Debbie.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '13

I SAW THE BUTTERFLY TODAY!

Down the road where I live. It was in the road. Quite large. I almost ran over it. So I got out and moved it. When I picked it up it sat on my hand a few seconds then flew away!

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I dropped off two bags of donated garden soil for mixing in.

I'm not sure I meet people tomorrow or not. Is there a time we can try?

Tracy - Day lilies are pretty darn resilient, you can probably do it any time. However you're *supposed* to do it either before or after they flower. With all of the heat they're probably much further along in the season and some of them are probably just about done. If you do it now, they definitely won't bloom any more this year. But that should be about the only consequence. Should come up nice and healthy next year one way or another.

GC, I'm pretty sure mine are done blooming for the season, so I would be happy to shovel up a nice clump of them for Carol's garden. Just let me know when you think it's best to get them out of the ground. I am generally free to meet at the garden at any time as well.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

Everyone - Planning on meeting with other gardeners at 11:30 AM tomorrow at the library. Anyone that would care to participate is more than welcome to come and help. I'll have some graph paper and a tape measure to figure out what we've got to work with. Then someone who's good at design can help us plan it all out. (hint hint)

Tracy - sounds like mine as well, maybe not supposed to be done for the season but with the heat it looks like they are. Probably as good a time as any. They can sometimes clump really tightly together. So after digging up we'll see if we also want to pull them apart to get it to spread out more.

Good time to also figure out what we've got so far, and then we can go from there.

Already there:

big hosta
iris
little hosta
lavender

Pledged:

day lilies (Tracy & Collette)
heliopsis? (happy2bhere)
calendula (Collette)
coreopsis (chickadee)
poppies (chickadee)

Also discussed, need someone to get them for planting later:

gladiolus
tulips
daffodils

If someone has some yellow mums that would be nice too for something in the fall.

If there are any other plants, give a yell so we know what's coming and can plan a spot for it.

Thanks everyone.

I have some black eyed susies in my front yard...would be happy to drop a pot of them off...

mammadone mammadone
Jul '13

I'm taking my car into the shop at noon, but I can shoot over around 1:00 when they're done and come back with the flowers once you guys let me know where I can put them ~ OR ~ I can drop them off before I head to the mechanic; let me know what works best for you. I can also see about buying some yellow mums for the fall.

This is coming along so nicely -- it's a real tribute to Carol and all the wonderful things she helped start and put together ~ <3

p.s. The butterfly - a very similar butterfly got stuck in my garage two Sundays ago and I didn't notice it until I went in on Monday to open the door when we were leaving. She was just hanging out by the windows of the garage door flapping her wings peacefully. I opened the door and watched to make sure she didn't get hurt and she hung on until the door was opened all the way. She then flapped her wings a few more times, flew down and around me, flew out, circled three times and flew away . . :) It was an awe inspiring moment and now I know what it was really all about.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

I'm just reading about the garden project now. What a wonderful idea. I will buy daffodils - they should be planted more towards the fall to come up in the spring, right? I don't know that much about flower gardens, but I think I can manage planting daffodils if someone tells me where to put them. I can also stop by and help weed, water, etc.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '13

The endeavor seems to be way under control but please let me know if I can contribute anything to the garden. I'm not a gardener by any means, especially of flowers, but would like to contribute somehow. Can I give some money towards the plaque? Can one of the organizers email me with what I can get?

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

mammdone - Thanks that will do nicely.

happy2bhere - I suggest dropping off after we do some planning instead of before.

Rebecka - yes, spring bulbs usually are planted in the fall although they could also be added right at the beginning of the spring.

Unfortunately I cannot help and I am a horrible gardener. My thumb is always dead. I am sitting here thinking what I could do and I thought I could donate to the Library itself. Does anyone know if they take donations? Its not a lot of money as things are tight but it will buy a couple of books.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

Sorry I can't be there to help you guys. Work days are impossible for me to participate in anything. My office is in Hackensack and I am already sitting at my desk as I read this. I could definitely pick up some mums when the time gets closer to plant them. Just let me know when you would like them.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '13

I would love to get some yellow tulip bulbs to plant in the fall. Let me know if this is OK. I don't want to get them if someone else already is.

Mariann Mariann
Jul '13

Do you guys think you'll be there a little while today? I have to pick something up in Randolph at 11:30 but I am going to shoot back here and try to get to the library by noon if everyone is still there. I will hold off on digging up the lilies until the planning is complete.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

Yellow tulips!

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

I am going over too, Tracy...Will wait for you...

joyful joyful
Jul '13

I'm going to try and be there today as well,

Mariann Mariann
Jul '13

I think we should still be there at noon. I'll hang around a bit after just in case.

Of course we ended up spending most of the time in a WWF Death Match with an ornery bush stump. But in any case -

If any one has, or would like to donate, more compost is needed.

Our designated designer (;-) has a general idea of some of the taller heliopsis & black eyed susan in the back at the center, and possibly the coreopsis in the left back corner. But in order to really lay it out we decided it would be best to have a big gathering of all of the plants. If that compost could arrive and be mixed in with what is already there, then we are thinking to have a gathering this Sunday.

How does Sunday about 2:00PM look for everyone who wanted to donate plants now? The bulbs can all wait until later towards fall to be done, and can be mixed in between other plants since they come and go in the spring. But everything else we'd like to gather all together at once, then decide on them when you can actually see them.

Another thought - maybe just a couple of other things in non-yellow just to balance it all out.

Final request - any time you visit, remember to bring containers of water, it's difficult to get without a spigot nearby.

-- Thanks Karen for coming out and speaking with us for a bit. --

We took a tub of water up after everyone left and watered the few plants well especially the one that GC and Iris dug up. About to leave and Collette stopped by. She seemed to think there was access to water for us there and was going to check inside but if not...as GC mentioned when you go over there...please bring along a jug of water...This is all coming together so nicely...and woudn't you know it...Miss Yellow Butterfly was checking us out again this morning too!!

joyful joyful
Jul '13

2:00 on Sunday looks great for me ~ thanks, see you then!

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '13

I sent out a couple of PM if you pledged plants - just to make sure everyone knows about Sunday.

Had another thought on the subject - if you can't make it Sunday, PM me and you can drop off your plant or I'll pick it up. That way we can cover the donations and get them all together even if Sunday doesn't fit into your schedule.

GC - we can't make it Sunday - we're headed for the Balloon Festival that day, but will deliver the coreopsis and stelladoro lilies to you ahead of time. And I do think there must be access to water, since it was until very recently a market/nursery. I will find out within the next couple of days.

colette colette
Jul '13

I would like to donate whatever you think is needed. Please let me know.

Tweety Tweety
Jul '13

I'm going to try to be there Sunday also. I should have the plaque by then and I know exactly where I think would be best to put it.

Great! Sue R....See you then..

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Big FYI to anyone who works in the garden ---

Today I got the ground a step closer by putting the mulch to the edges and turned it all over. While doing this I found a yellow Elizabethtown flag. It makes sense if you see on the wall of the building there in the corner is the big gas meter. So by all means if anyone is using a shovel, use caution and only dig on the surface.

The soil is turned over, but the next step is to take the garden soil and the compost coming shortly. Put that on top and mix it all in. Then we'll plant on Sunday and spread the mulch back on top.

Colette - We were told about the water situation by the library itself. I guess previously they either used long hoses from inside or there was something redone around the loading dock area. In any case, nearest water is inside and around the corner that makes it hard to do. Particularly on Sunday there will be no one there to even get that much. So definitely bring jugs of water as we plant. I can either pick up or you can drop off, your choice. You might just want to leave anything at the garden itself, I don't think anything won't survive one day if it's in some soil with a bit of water.

Thanks.

Yes, I did hear the same thing. I guess they must have just lugged an extra long hose around when Bests owned the place. We can definitely leave the coreopsis and lilies by the garden! Wish we could be there, too!

colette colette
Jul '13

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow afternoon. I am going to drop the lilies off in the morning though so they will be there for planting. Sorry I will miss everyone.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

We'll miss you Tracy, but that's how it goes.

I know the weather isn't perfect, but I still plan on being there at 2:00 PM. Even if it's really raining hard I'd like to just gather all the donations up even if we just drop them off and run. It doesn't seem like the rain is that bad that we couldn't at least just take 5-10 mins and position everything. If anyone wants to do more, that would be great, but at least we continue the momentum here.

So if anyone has plants, even if they can't make 2:00, just drop it off when you can and someone will find a way to take care of it.

About a dozen HL'ers showed up at the library this afternoon to help plant a yellow floral garden in memory of cbel: GC, Iris, Joyful and the Duke, SueR, Brother Dog, Happy2BHere and DD, CBGB, mamadone and Chickadee. Here are a couple pics for those of you who dropped off plants earlier or for those who couldn't be there.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

SueR had this plaque made.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

sobbing as we speak. What a beautiful tribute!

Thank you everyone for all your hard work and dedication.

SueR- WOW....she did love you so. .....what a great plaque and quote.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

The plague is great SueR and Joyful. Wish I could have been there, but we were in PA picking up my granddaughters for the week. I will stop by soon to see how it looks in person.

Mariann Mariann
Jul '13

Thanks everyone for making this all happen and getting this done in between the soften up the ground rain of the morning, and the glad to see you water our garden afternoon down pour.

Not to forget Hopeful In Hackettstown was also there with some of those yellow irises.

Plus both Collette and Tracy had dropped off items earlier.

PS. This has been one of the best threads ever but is more about the last days and how we all helped cbel at the end. I'm thinking the on going care and maintenance of that legacy via her garden is going to need a separate thread specifically about when things need to be done. So the time may be now to begin something new.

It looks just wonderful! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help but I am happy to have been able to share my yellow lilies for Carol's garden. Can't wait to go visit and see it in person.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '13

I didn't do any of the work -- fortunately GC contacted me for some bulbs he knew I had. So, I showed up today to watch and to take pictures. Great job, everyone!

Here's the link, if you'd like to take a look. It's on Facebook, but you don't have to be a member of FB to see the album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200639734650463.1073741829.1073105750&type=1&l=a3825900fa

RIP, cbel.

Jul '13

Very beautiful :)

So as not to leave anyone out...Mindy's Mom provided all of the plant soil and mulch for our project as well. Thank you to everyone!...Carol is smiling down on us and knows how much we loved her and miss her already.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

yes, GC is right, time for a garden thread all on its own

i had a good time meeting and working with you guys, thanks ever so much for your company today.

the garden looks great, really looking forward to when we can plant some tulips. (sept 21st, correct?)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '13

The yellow tulips are kind of a "must" BrotherDog... especially since Cbel's daughter indicated to me that she gave her Mom yellow tulips for all special occasions. And, thanks again to you...If it were not for you getting this all started through your connections with the library ...it might never have become a reality.

joyful joyful
Jul '13

I stopped on my way home from Hoboken tonight, it looks so nice and the plaque is such a fitting tribute to Carol. I wish I could have been there to do more but as some of you know, I'm in the midst of a big life change and couldn't be there. I will look for the ongoing maintenance thread and help there once things have settled down for us. I hope Debbie is still checking in here and sees what a wonderful tribute has been made to her mother.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

She is, Bessie...

joyful joyful
Jul '13

Looks absolutely beautiful ! I am available for watering, weeding, etc.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jul '13

great job!

Jul '13

How very nice it is that all involved created such a lovely place in memory of cbel. It will be a spot to visit and reflect on a person who clearly was universally loved.

I never met her, however, I am definitely at a loss for words buy this community outpouring of affection and support. I am sure she will be missed. Deepest sympathy and regards on your loss.

skippy skippy
Jul '13

I just checked this thread for an update today and well I'm just so sad that Cbel has passed on. Beautiful garden tribute and a true testament to friendship. I hope to visit the actual garden soon. I'll bring some water with me too :)

Antimony Antimony
Aug '13

My first time reading this thread and the tributes to cbel. I will definitely head to the library next week & visit the garden...there's a special Angel there.

ms_warren_county ms_warren_county
Aug '13

My family and I went to the Mountain Lake Beach this morning and there were 3 swallowtails hanging around. They let us get pretty close. In fact my daughter got a little too close and dropped a handful of wet sand on one of them but fortunately I was able to get the sand off the butterfly and it flew away unscathed. This is the best pick I could get using my phone. I could barely see the screen because it was so bright out.

jrsemom jrsemom
Aug '13

Sorry cbel that I was was a way in the hospital my self please get well

Aug '13

Caged - sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you are on the mend. With a very heavy heart - cbel passed away in July.

Aug '13

Anything you ever need Caged, let us know.

cbel was a big fan of yours.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.