What are you selling at the town garage sale?

I've decided that this year I'm not going to be part of the selling group, I'm going to be in the buying group. Just curious for those that are participating, what will you be selling? Trying to start my strategy of where to go. I'm looking for a few things and would love to have some sort of plan.
Good luck to the sellers..hope you all do well!

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

As usual, I'm looking for books. Fiction mystery books to be specific. I have limited time this year, so can't really do the 2-3 hours worth of browsing that I usually do. I agree Bessie that It would be nice to know ahead of time what streets to scope out for what we are looking for.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

Toddler Girl clothes (2t-4t) have some good summer clothes, Also have Baby girl clothes (12-18months).
Toys, Kitchen appliances, Digital camera, wedding decor, wedding dress, dvds, among other items.

octobaby10
Apr '14

Is there anything specific you are looking for, Bessie?

joyful joyful
Apr '14

This weekend as well as next is Yard Sale Central. Everything from antique furniture to Canon DSLR camera & lenses, laptops, motorcycle helmet, teapots, electric typewriter, books, glassware, gardening supplies, general houseware and more.

We have lots of stuff. Girls clothes, furniture, CDs, Stereo, Household Items, Christmas items and lots more! We're on Robins Court and on the map!

Joe B Joe B
Apr '14

Anybody selling BJs?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

We'll be out on 32 Arthur Terrance from 8-5

octobaby10
Apr '14

When is the garage sale?

Bella76 Bella76
Apr '14

Bella76 the garage sale is the last weekend in April the 26th and 27th.
I am buying also and looking for silver plated silverware misc non matching pieces are perfect.

Firefly Firefly
Apr '14

Where can you find the map??

JerryG JerryG
Apr '14

I'm looking for a floor lamp, a lampshade, a wardrobe (wood, not wearable), a garment rack (the kind that has canvas or plastic over it), audio books..my list goes on and on.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

GC what model is the camera?
I'm going to have lots of baby clothing, some women's clothes and shoes. There will be other people at the same home but I don't know what they're selling. I

PM - Canon EOS T1i

If anyone is looking for a carpet cleaner I have a Bissell Proheat 2x for sale. It's only been used 4 times in my daughter's room to clean makeup spills. I finally gave up and had laminate installed. Does a fantastic job. Purchased at Kohl's for $200. Our home is smoke and pet-free. Asking $100.

reikilady reikilady
Apr '14

I am looking for a standing bird cage for a cockatiel plus garden items. Also looking for infant toys.

kayaking kayaking
Apr '14

Does anyone have a kitchen cart (microwave cart) for sale? I'm looking for one with a cabinet on bottom. Will be searching next week...

GC I'm looking for a camera like that. How old and how much? I may have to take it off your hands

PM - I'll PM you (you knew that was coming) with all of the details. If there are any connections, I think that will help otherwise this thread is only going to get to 1.2 mill posts. ;-)

we will be doing the yard sale on sunday only on willow grove across from the hospital... we will have beer mirrors a beer chalk board and other misc beer stuff.... purses... glassware... old fire extinguishers we turned into lamps which also have shades on them.... animal supplies ((lights, tanks etc)) books and other misc items.

sunny sunny
Apr '14

For those of you that don't work do yourself a favor and start on Friday. Sundays can be a fizzle and I think long Valley and Peapack might be doing sales the same weekend.

jerseycash5
Apr '14

I'll be selling TVs, books, clocks, digital cameras, toys, two chairs and more. I will be selling at the Long Valley Yard sale but it's on the same day as yours.
Will anybody be selling a Polaroid Camera? I kinda want one...

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

I will be selling some purses and coin purses:
Vera Bradley license holder
Dooney and Bourke: coin purse, canvas crossbody, small florentine leather tote
Tignanello small leather crossbody.

happycamper happycamper
Apr '14

Fiefly I have lost of silver to sell. Are you interested?

Isabella Isabella
Apr '14

Lngvly22 - I have a few old Polaroids. Are you interested?

copygirl copygirl
Apr '14

Isabella your email does not work please use the envelope and contact me. I am interested in seeing some pictures or seeing in person. Thanks.

Firefly Firefly
Apr '14

Looking for baby items- walker, excersaucer, toys. Is there a map of sales available?

Stephanie Stephanie
Apr '14

girl clothes (newborn to 4T) along with coats/snow gear/shoes/etc; baby and toddler toys and books; some maternity clothes; adult jackets, set of coffee tables; brand new circular rug; books/movies/cds; small kitchen appliances.....Carol Drive on map

NJsales NJsales
Apr '14

@NJsales..mind if I ask what small appliances?

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

Anyone selling a versaclimber?

Really?
Apr '14

I'm looking to sell Civil War Books.

John C John C
Apr '14

Bessie-a blender, pieces to the Magic Bullet (but not the actual motor), hand mixer, crock pot (well used but it works)......

NJsales NJsales
Apr '14

Looking for a Queen and Twin boxspring and bed frame. Dont need the mattresses.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

I have been looking for an 8ft wood table with metal folding legs. The plastic folding tables are usually not as wide and definitely not as sturdy. I remember these wooden tables from when I was younger as "church tables." If anyone has one to sell let me know.

Jdip23 Jdip23
Apr '14

@Copygirl-What type are they?

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

Does anyone know if and when Oak Hill Town homes with be having their community garage sale?

shotsie girl shotsie girl
Apr '14

ISO boys' bike with 24" wheel and boys' clothes size 8 or 10 any season
Let me know and I will be there!

dealsdealsdeals dealsdealsdeals
Apr '14

Ive seen a few ads for sales this Friday. Depending on where you get your weather report this may be better than Sat due to rain. Is anyone doing Fri ? I will be away this weekend so that would be good for me.

jerseycash5
Apr '14

Is anyone selling a mens bike that would fit someone about 6 ft?

Stephanie: I will be selling a bunch of baby items: strollers, toys, jumperoo, walker, swing. My garage sale won't be until next week though (5/3). I'll be looking for items myself this weekend :)

anyone selling canon bodys or lenses?

One set of sliding closet doors, great shape, plus two material roman blinds, on Countryside Drive.

tripsy tripsy
Apr '14

Tripsy- what color/patter Roman blinds?

dealsdealsdeals dealsdealsdeals
Apr '14

TH - My husband is selling Canon lens, brand new, EF75-300mm F-4-5.6 III. I tried to email you - your email doesn't work.

Can someone post the list of homes having sales if they have it available? Does anyone know where to get the Long Valley list?

jennifer1
Apr '14

jennifer1 - Wendy from the BID already posted the link to the map:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/574527#t603286

botheredbyuu: I have a bed frame. I think its twin. You are welcome to have it free of charge. I am having the garage sale on Saturday. If you want you can PM me and you can pick it up tomorrow if you are interested.

Tweety Tweety
Apr '14

I am going to try and start my sale today (Friday) 3pm-5pm. I might not get everything out but some of it. carol drive on the map

NJsales NJsales
Apr '14

It's not something on the map, but Trinity Thrift Shop is having a $5 a bag sale from 9-3. Wish them and everyone else luck tomorrow, as well as a dry morning. ;-)

KM - i might be interested in the baby walker - can you send me a pic - i tried to email you but it got kicked back.

Lena, unfortunately I already own that lens :(
I'm looking for prime lenses (35mm, 40mm, 85mm)

Re: What are you selling at the town garage sale?

Here is the walker we have. It plays music too. We haven't priced out anything yet.

thank you - i was looking for one that the baby sits in - good luck with yor sale!!

Is anyone selling a 3 wheeled bicycle? Adult size?

Cherie Cherie
Apr '14

Trinity Church is holding a bag sale in the parking lot of mostly winter clothing along with other items. I think they are also selling food but I'm not positive about the food.

Magpie Magpie
Apr '14

magpie - The flyer I picked up says "music while shopping and hot dogs for sale".

I look for dollhouse furniture 1:12 scale

Denise Denise
Apr '14

Looking for a brushless RC car or gas powered Rc in good working order

Jason Jason
Apr '14

Botheredbyuu,
I will have a queen box spring and fram available in about 2 weeks. How much are you looking to spend?

Kevin Kevin
Apr '14

ISO....girls spring summer clothes 4t is anything is left over......unfortunately I can't make the yard sale today.
but if anyone has stuff left over....please contact me...thank you.

josepcan josepcan
Apr '14

Come to College View! Always a lot in this hood!

sellingthe farm sellingthe farm
Apr '14

I have a barely used elliptical machine. Best offer.

Anyone selling comic books?

Lacey13 Lacey13
Apr '14

How is everyone doing selling? Buying? Thank goodness the weather turned out nice! Good luck to everyone :)

MO H'town MO H'town
Apr '14

Got some good stuff, but disappointed not as many houses participated as in past years.

botheredbyuu botheredbyuu
Apr '14

There are just as many sales, just not everyone registered on the map.

The crowds coming out are quite strong.

GC- I must disagree. Have been out all day. Dont have or need a map. Less houses then usual.

botheredbyuu botheredbyuu
Apr '14

I have two 16" boys bikes and one 3 wheel bike for an older child.

Joe C. Joe C.
Apr '14

How much are you asking for the boys bikes, Joe C?

Robert Durana Robert Durana
Apr '14

Robert,

$40 each for the 16" bikes and $50 for the 3 wheeler. Package discount is also available.

Thanks

Joe C. Joe C.
Apr '14

Definitely less sales. I drove through some areas briefly, but didn't even stop.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

All I know is we had 8 sales all clumped together in Brook Hollow.

Lacey-- we will be selling comic books 5 or 6 short boxes

willow grove across the hospital... blue house!

we didn't have anything out today but tomorrow! **sunday**

sunny sunny
Apr '14

We will be out tomorrow on Arthur Terrace.
Girls Clothes left 18mon, 3T-4T.
Wedding dress with Tags.
Baby beach cabana.
Doll house with 50 pieces.
Kitchen stuff.
Baby Mobil.
Much more!

Sam10 Sam10
Apr '14

we will be out tomorrow also from 11am till 3 on Hurley drive

easy going guy
Apr '14

We have about 4 boxes of comic books in Brook Hollow at 15 Rolling Rapids Ct and will be out tomorrow.

Barbie Doll collection, never opened in original boxes (not mine) and other things also out for sale

easy going guy
Apr '14

Stop by tomorrow!! Lots of great stuff - bikes, kids toys (most new) DVDs, books, bar stools, gaming chair, and so much more.

Countryside Apartments- in front of Building #9

Will be open tomorrow (sunday), 8am-11am/noon. Girls clothes (newborn to 4T), toys, books, shoes, woman's and men's leather coats, end table, bar stools, round area rug, maternity clothes....Carol Drive

NJsales NJsales
Apr '14

Looking for a tall dresser.

dealsdealsdeals-they are just medium brown material, pull up with strings, 36" wide I believe, $5 each, I have 4 left.

Still have the sliding closet doors left, white, 6 panel, $20

Kids toys, baseball bat for younger child, 3 beach-like toddler chairs (that fold and can be worn like back-pack) for $3 each.

tripsy tripsy
Apr '14

We are here till 2pm on Hurley drive

easy going guy
Apr '14

Barbie Dolls waiting for you to give her a nice home too

easy going guy
Apr '14

I bought two tables from the 1890's for ten dollars each. Resold them for 250 each in NYC today! Whohoo!!!

Crazy Jane
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.