Does anyone on the forum have horses or ride?

Just curious if there are any horse people on here!

I have horses and there are trails off my property if anyone likes to trail ride.

Summer Summer
Apr '14

Have a thoroughbred but she's retired. She's going on 30 so we don't ride her anymore.

I'm a senior at the high school and I have been riding since I was younger . I have a horse out in Texas but don't have one here and don't have a farm to ride at because every where charges so much :(
I use to lease a paint mare out in Andover till the owner moved her to a new town

Ciara Ciara
Apr '14

Omg I love to ride. Used to show, teach and train horses. Long time ago.

just coach just coach
Apr '14

so nice to hear that you have a senior RAD! I retired my childhood pony who I had for 29 years and show horse who was born in my lap and died there at 28; awesome years!

I have 3 horses; 2 I trail ride and love spending 'horsey time' with! I use to show and now just trail ride them...there are so many gorgeous trails to enjoy, I don't like riding alone, neither does my horse..lol

hmmmmm...I wonder if we could get a group for a nice long walk on the trails?

Summer Summer
Apr '14

Re: Does anyone on the forum have horses or ride?

I do not have horses, but a co-worker did some years back. I got to ride them then although of course, when in doubt give me the biggest horse you can find. This is a Belgian draft named "Coyote".

When I was young the one house we lived in had a huge barn we rented out to college kids boarding their horses. Every once in a when they were nice enough to let the 3 year old have a ride if the horse was gentle enough.

Been riding out in the National Parks out west 2-3 times per trip. I like doing it, but just have very little change to.

Coyote is so cute!!!
I would love to get together and go for a group ride of I had a horse

Ciara Ciara
Apr '14

Looking good there, GC, on that horse!!!! The Duke is jealous!

joyful joyful
Apr '14

Coyote was originally from an Amish farm where he was abused. Even if "cute" you would not want the feed bill for a draft that large. He was 18 hands.

Thanks Joyful - I know I promised/threatened/you choose to find that picture a while back.

I PMd you Summer

Ciara Ciara
Apr '14

Driving out to the Kentucky Derby next week. Would love to talk when we get back. Lots of planning right now.

just coach just coach
Apr '14

I love Horses. They are such a beautiful animals. I would love to ride with you but don't have a horse only my labrador but i think he wont appreciate if i try to ride him lol

Bella76 Bella76
Apr '14

I wrote a message but don't see it here.
I had horses but not now, can't afford.
Prefer small horses, 5H.
Where are you located? I am in Flanders. Use to board at Water Wheel Farm in Fredon.
Sandy

Sandy R Wolff Sandy R Wolff
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.