What Martial Art Are You? (Quiz)

http://www.blogthings.com/whatmartialartareyouquiz/

I'm capoeira. Huh? Never heard of it. I'd better Google it.

You are lively, fun, and open to new experiences. You love to travel and discover new things. You are joyous and prone to celebrate. You are the type of person who likes to work hard and play even harder.

In life, you are intuitive and street smart. You understand others well and are able to predict their next moves. And while you can see what others are up to, few know what your plans are. You like to play it coy.

In a battle, you try to outsmart your opponent before you get outsmarted first. It's all about trickery and listening to your gut. You like to have a worthy opponent. It's fun to battle if someone comes close to matching you in wits, cunning, and strategy.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

I am a Capoeira also. I had to look up the questions. I know nothing about Martial Arts.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '14

I am T'ai Chi...

You are the type of person who is always in movement, both physically and mentally. You can't sit still. Your life is constantly changing and evolving and you are growing along with these changes. Every day you are a bit different. In life you are flexible and open. You believe stubborness leads to stagnation and you do your best to avoid both. You approach everything and everyone with softness.
You don't want to have a hard heart. In a battle you have mercy for your enemy. You have no desire to hurt or harm anyone if you can help it.
You think that discord or disagreement can be beautiful if handled properly. Not all arguments have to be a bad thing.

joyful joyful
Apr '14

Sorry, I got stuck on question one, where it asked "Why would you like to learn a martial art?"

Until they put the realistic answer of "so I can kick somebody's ass", I will be unable to continue (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

You Are Judo

You are a smart, measured person who doesn't let feelings or instant reactions get the better of you.
You have a gentle way about you, even when you are being attacked. You don't face anyone or anything head on.

In life, you like maximum effort for minimum results. Even when you do something amazing, it's through brains and not brawn.
People don't understand the reasons for why you do the things you do. You can seem brutal even when you are being extremely docile.

In a battle, you are equally offensive and defensive. You are on your toes, and deciding your next move on the fly.
You may seem like a reckless or wild fighter, but every move you make has a deeper, unseen purpose.

Capoeira. Never heard of it either.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '14

Re: What Martial Art Are You? (Quiz)

Another Capoeira here!

Here is some info about it....

Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance,acrobatics and music, and is sometimes referred to as a game. It was developed in Brazil mainly by African descendants (N'golo, or zebra dance - a kind of dance in which the participant uses their feet to kick the head of their opponent similar to how a zebra moves, hence the name) with native Brazilian influences (MaranĂ¡ war fight - a kind of fight that they use all their bodies to attack the enemy), probably beginning in the 16th century. It is known by quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for a wide variety of kicks, spins, and highly mobile techniques; at heart is the ginga (similar to native Indian Brazilian dance until today), the back-and-forth, foot-to-foot movement that serves as the starting point for such leverage. Capoeira used in genuine self-defense situations incorporates many sweeps and low moves, whereas when played as a game there is more emphasis on high moves, demonstrations of acrobatics, full cartwheels (called au) for evasion, and flips or other exotic techniques by mestres (masters), and performing an entertaining match for the audience.

positive positive
Apr '14

You Are Karate
You are a confident person who values hard work, success, and reaching goals.
You don't expect anything in life to be handed to you. You're willing to put in the time and effort to get what you want.

In life, you are a natural leader. You have come a long way in your life, and you are ready to teach and help others.
You can help motivate and encourage those around you. You know when to push, and you know when to let things unfold.

In a battle, you are sure of your abilities and what needs to be done. You are always honing your technique.
You never fight or argue to your own social ends. You'll only engage in conflict if you believe it will truly help others.

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Apr '14

Karate for me.

You are a confident person who values hard work, success, and reaching goals.
You don't expect anything in life to be handed to you. You're willing to put in the time and effort to get what you want.

In life, you are a natural leader. You have come a long way in your life, and you are ready to teach and help others.
You can help motivate and encourage those around you. You know when to push, and you know when to let things unfold.

In a battle, you are sure of your abilities and what needs to be done. You are always honing your technique.
You never fight or argue to your own social ends. You'll only engage in conflict if you believe it will truly help others.

i am 'roller-derby' - i identify bullies and then bowl them over the railing,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '14

Judo for me too.

I've been a fan of Capoeira for many years. I found it interesting in both its athleticism and the physics involved in its many movements, but I never studied it. The most famous film that features it is "Only The Strong" (1993), starring Marc Dacascos, though you'll find some bits of it featured here and there in Bond films and other adventure flicks. There is a Capoeira fighter in both "Bloodsport" and "Bloodsport 2", though in the first movie he's portrayed more of as a "monkey fighter" as in a style of Kung Fu.

Some of it made the transfer to Hip Hop dancing (in my own humble opinion). If you notice the steps in the beginning of many Hip Hop routines, they are very akin to the "Ginga" or basic beginning posture of many Capoeira routines. That could be just due to it being easier to "feel" or "get into" the rhythm of either the dance or the routine, which of course was disguised as a dance or at least appeared to be a dance in the slave owners' eyes.

I was a bit surprised not to end up with Aikido - another martial art I have much respect for, but apparently i don't always redirect when I should ;-) Much respect to the other martial arts, especially Tai Chi, which is usually only known for its "calming and meditative" aspects, but as a friend of mine who has practiced it for many years and holds a relatively high "ranking" would tell you it is at its heart a "martial" or "fighting" Art, a fact which is "glossed over" by many teachers. Wouldn't want you to know your relaxation technique is based in violence. The thing is, slowing down the exercises to the extreme (so to speak), forces you to focus on correct technique, balance, etc.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.