Please use the "search" feature

Please use the search feature before starting new threads. This prevents multiple threads on the same subject and the moderators' need to delete threads.

It does not matter if a previous thread is older, since you can usually add a new post at the bottom which will bump it up to the top.

The following is a list of some topics that have multiple threads available to view and comment on.

landscapers
spring yard clean up
contractors
roofers
carpenters
plumbers
auto mechanics
tires
town garage sale
hair salons
nail salons
veterinarians
pizza
Chinese food
nursery schools
summer camps
holiday brunches
halls for rent/shower/party locations

Apr '14

dentists

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '14

Is there any way to modify the forum software to actually organize posts into categories, rather than just appending each topic to the top of one long list?

Kind of how the classifieds are done, but each category would just be a high level menu that you have to drill down into.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '14

Don't we already have a thread on this? http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/525442

M & K M & K
Apr '14

M&K - That was locked before so there is no way to get it to the top again.

Mark Mc. - A long time ago there was something like that and it really failed badly. One of the things people seem to like is not needing to have to decide which place to put the post. And there would also be 127 different posts all saying people used the wrong section. It's bad enough trying to just keep Forum vs Calendar vs Classified. But hey, that can get passed along to the site owner and see if there is agreement.

How are some threads resurrected from the depths of the forum? I thought a thread was locked after a year without any responses. There are some where people are somehow able to respond after many years without a response.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

emaxx I think that has changed now, and you can add to a topic even if it's old.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

Mark - I like the idea of sub-forums. But as GC said, it didn't go over very well here when it was tried. Not sure if the King of HL wants to give it another go.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.