REUNITED Gray and White Cat in Blairstown

REUNITED Gray and White Cat in Blairstown

Not sure how many people from Blairstown read this forum but I thought I'd give it a shot. The Blairstown Community Forum has not been updated since 2013 so I don't think that will lead anywhere.

I'm attaching a picture of Mouse. She is two years old. She has a fluffy curled up tail which is unique. She is skittish....will probably not come to you. I called the Blairstown Animal Control officer who was very helpful. He took all of the information and said if he receives any calls, he will get in touch with me. He told me to call the Blairstown Animal Hospital to see if anyone had called them. There was one lead but turned out it wasn't my cat.

She has been missing since July 9th. This is the second time she has gotten out. Last time, she was out for a week and a half but we at least saw her pop her head out of the woods. We tried to get her but she is afraid of my outdoor cat that is always hanging around the front porch, she ran back into the woods. I finally caught her by opening up my car door and she hopped in. She was skinny, dehydrated and scared. That was about 6 months ago.

I am putting up flyers in my neighborhood and around businesses in Blairstown hoping that someone has seen her.

If anyone has any other suggestions of what I can do, please let me know. My family misses her so much :(

catlover1 catlover1
Jul '14

Where in Blairstown was she lost?

hktownie hktownie
Jul '14

Catlover 1:

We are going through the same thing with our cat, Bella. We have just purchased a have a heart trap and are hopeful that it will work. I think this will be your best option.

We also learned a lot by googling what to do if your cat gets out. We learned so much about what NOT to do and it was very helpful.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on how it goes.

I thought I remembered the name Mouse. She's getting to be quite the escape artist. I hope she comes home soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Try posting on the "Lost and Found Pets inn Warren County" FB page, catlover1, and good luck to you! We will keep our eyes peeled.

Hope Mouse comes home soon.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Last night my daughter and stepdaughter and I spent an hour and a half posting flyers of Mouse all over Blairstown and Hardwick. We were on our way home when I got a call from my boyfriend (with whom I live with) and the call was "Take down all of the flyers....the Mouse is in the House". While we were out putting up the flyers, he was outside for 45 minutes searching our 6 acres of property, which is mostly wooded. One of my other cats follows him around like a dog. She is an indoor/outdoor cat. All of a sudden she started growling. With the help of Spoice (my other cat), together they found Mouse. She was hiding underneath a shed on our property. Not sure if she had been under there the entire two weeks but she is very skinny. She is normally skittish so she kind of slithered out from underneath the shed and Ray approached her very slowly. He started to pet her and GRABBED HER! He was not letting her get away! He has been dealing with three crying females for the last two weeks and he was bound and determined to get her in. So thanks to my wonderful boyfriend and my cat Spoice, Mouse is back home. She ate two dishes of food and two full bowls of water. She was comfy asleep on my daughter's bed this morning when I left for work. Thank you all for your support and your help.

catlover1 catlover1
Jul '14

great news ---better reiterate the house rules to her

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

That is great news...Good job..Ray and Spice!! Now, it might be a good idea to "hogtie" that Mouse so this does not happen again.

joyful joyful
Jul '14

5catmom....I need to reiterate to the humans in the house to not hold the front door open!!!! Since she had gotten out the last time in the winter, she had not tried to sneak out since then. She immediately ran upstairs when she got home last night. I don't think she'll want to see the likes of the outside for quite a while hahaha Is your username 5catmom because you have 5 cats?? I have 5 :) I would have 20 if my boyfriend would let me. All of my cats were shelter cats at one time. Except Mouse.....she was a pregnant stray that showed up at my back deck. My youngest daughter, who is also a huge cat lover, witnessed my then next door neighbor hitting her with a broom so I took her in, even though I already had 4 cats.

catlover1 catlover1
Jul '14

yes catlover - I have 5--two were wanted --3 were rescues--Buster, Peanut, Sylvester, Pipsqueak and Gracie ---it's too many but my options were limited - lol

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Glad to hear it! Stay home now Mouse.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Glad to hear it - stay home Mouse !!

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Yay! I am so happy for you and your family!

So happy for you all! Train the family to be careful with the door. I have 9 cats inside, just lost # 10 2 weeks ago to kidney failure:(. And 3 at the colony. Have a 17 year old who has never been out or showed an interest in it, who suddenly snuck between my legs but fortunately froze on the patio. Wonder what he was thinking.

Dansker Dansker
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.