Sunflower Sabotage

Sunflower Sabotage

Well folks there you have it. After a stake some duct tape ( yellow mind you ) vandalism has been thwarted and this one is the best looking one on the lot. Goes to show you what a little perseverance and tlc can do to make Main Street look great!!! Any suggestions for next year?

Shaddog Shaddog
Aug '14

It's a shame that someone ruined it ( if it wasn't nature) but you are creative!!! We once saved a dogwood from death with duct tape...but the tape was grey...and it lived a long life and is still alive....over 25 years ago. Nice that you care for them.

tropicalgardens tropicalgardens
Aug '14

I was actually going to start a post and write about these sunflowers on Main Street...but time got the better of me.

I wanted to say that the planted sunflowers on Main St are beautiful and make me smile EVERY time I drive past them.

Shaddog, if you were the one who planted them...thank you. Please do it again next year! They are gorgeous!

Our Main Street always looks so beautiful. Proud to live here.

Loud-mouth Jen Loud-mouth Jen
Aug '14

My suggestions:

If you do the sunflowers again next year, stake them from the start. They get big enough that they regular fall over on their own.

Have you considered something perennial? The area in front of the West Plane St parking lot has some things like day lilies and Russian sage. It will be less work from year to year and still look good.

I agree stake the sunflowers. What you have been doing is great. Keep up the good work

Christine Christine
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.