Never-ending drug problems in Warren County

Kudos to the Totowa Borough PD for preventing this batch of heroin from coming to our communities in Warren County.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crime-and-courts/police-200-packets-of-heroin-found-during-vehicle-stop-in-totowa-1.1058774

A drop in the bucket...

A dripping faucet will soon fill a glass.

happiest girl
Aug '14

These morons should all die from an overdose! Human Trash

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Capital punishment should be expanded to dealers and traffickers. Two slugs solve the problem.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

Foolish people ruining their lives. Dieing is a bit harsh mr negative. .

jerseycash5
Aug '14

I don't know.... dealers usually aren't users. Or at least that's what I've heard (lolz)

And really, if you'd want something bad to happen to them, wish that they go through withdrawal instead because over dosing is a cake walk compared to what they would have to deal with withdrawing in jail.

Smack Smack
Aug '14

It's so cheap and pure now they are buying in bulk. You might think it is crazy that 200 bags is only for self use but it is becoming pretty common. Almost like going to Sams club and making one trip. Less chances of getting picked up. If they can afford it they will get as much as they can. I am sure they may spot a friend or two but 200 bags isn't a big dealing operation anymore. That might be a month supply.

Franks N Beans
Aug '14

Mr negative how would you feel if your kid wad hooked on drugs? Would feel they should just overdose and die? No I don't think so. These people are sick and need help. It is an illness, and just like an illness if it is not treated it will spread like it is now.

Onlooker
Aug '14

The only "Illness" is liberalism, and will power from weak individuals. Sorry everyone is taught Drugs = Death, stop making excuses. I grow up in a drug infested environment and I said no while I watched some of my so call friends when I was 16-17 snort cocaine and shot up heroin. I found a few on Facebook that are still live today by some miracle and had there brains fried back in the day so all they could do is be a janitor. The rest died early in life from side effects. I taught my children about these so called "friends" in my life and showed them the outcome of some of these "friends" they met personally, and in my case the results were very positive. They knew my position on drugs at age 10-12. ZERO tolerance!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Gee, how did "liberalism" sneak in? Amazing.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Aug '14

An illness? No. The decision to start was a choice. I've never had the flu and asked the doctor to prescribe heroin. Or had a cold and woke up with a meth addiction.

While there's no denying the addictive properties, the first step was a choice.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

When the drugs are seized it should be tainted with arsenic and put back out on the street. The problem will take care of itself.

ignatz ignatz
Aug '14

Mr. Negative, " Holy Makrel "! You must struggle just getting up each day knowing you will need to contend with the weak, struggling, hopeless masses of people that ruin your world. I can't imagine what it must be like to be so high and mighty. Wait a minute, I do know Someone who actually is high and mighty. i think I will talk to Him about you. Have a great day!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '14

I agree with Mr. Negative, btownguy and ignatz. I have zero tolerance for drug addicts as well. I too grew up in an area where drug abuse was rampant. I steered clear of it and those involved. It probably was because I knew my parents had zero tolerance as well. A strict upbringing with the right information and guidance goes a long way.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

I don't see Mr. Negative as being off base at all. Parents and other family members need to teach their kids that drugs are not acceptable. They need to teach them that society will NOT tolerate this behavior, and it should be treated harshly. Mr. Negative simply reflects the feelings and frustrations of most of the population. This wasn't a bag of pot but a rather large quantity of heroin. If this stuff was headed to your kid for the first time, you would be slightly upset. I hope the courts show no mercy.

ravi
Aug '14

Yep,
Life is Great for me
I don't wake up depressed, needy, suicidal, drunk, addicted, dependent and the list goes on. Yes I am the GREATEST Guy in the World and I remind my kids every day LOL !!

I will survive when the world come to an end without computers!

ITS CALLED self confidence!! Self Esteem, Self Worth!!!! Simple!

Oh And I forgot "A Cocky SOB"

Either you love me or you hate me there is no in between!

It's great weather outside why am I typing on this computer? Places to go people to see.

BTW everyone Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

See...it worked already! ; )

Aug '14

drugs are bad, the choice to use them is personal and individual, the addiction is a problem to get rid of.

the increase in heroin use is no mistake, and it is no accident,

the fact that more and higher potency heroin is arriving here is predictable given our overseas military presence and the strategic distribution programs of the radical jihadists to weaken the usa every way they can. poppies are the biggest cash crop grown in Afghanistan, and the Muslim farmers in the remote mountain villages are encouraged to grow as much as is possible. We see the result of this on the streets of america (and europe) as high grade easily obtainable and very potent heroin.

not good . . . .

if you see or know someone who is using this stuff, reach out to them,lend them a hand, offer assistance, but yes, mr. negative, at the end of day the users as individuals have to want to change, and without that personal individual commitment, we tragically have no other option than to let them go; but, i would counsel to always leave the door open for the day when they do decide to make a change, and then hold out your hand to assist them. think it over, let me know how you feel about that one.

spring fever is right, (once again), the power of prayer is real, and can work wonders in situations like this. and it works on all fronts. (there is scientific documentation that prayer has a positive effect, check it out)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

Do you really think all drug addicts parents never taught them to stay away from drugs? How about all the children of police officers that are addicts....doesn't get much more "zero tolerance" than that. Hell how about the officers themselves. How about our Military coming home and getting hooked? No one starts off in Kindergarten saying "when I grow up I want to be an addict!" No one thinks they're the one that will get hooked. Poor decision making? Absolutely. But once they're dependent...it becomes an illness that is terminal. There are no old heroin addicts. So like BrotherDog says keep the door open and hold out your hand for assistance. Compassion goes a lot further than judgement. These are fellow human beings that are in trouble...not some animal or something to be scraped off the bottom of your shoe. Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves.

jaemae jaemae
Aug '14

'An illness? No. The decision to start was a choice. '

Talking about liberalism or drug addiction there, btownguy? Haha JK.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '14

"These are fellow human beings that are in trouble...not some animal or something to be scraped off the bottom of your shoe. Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves."

In trouble of their own making. I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.

Good one Meister!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

What about the heroin addicts who become addicted through Doctor prescribed opiate drugs (oxcontin, oxycodone, etc.) When my son was in rehab due to a doctor prescribed opiate addiction (when the doctor decided it was time to go off these because they were addicicting he was already addicted). He turned to heroin use. So while in rehab he came across 2 older people in their 60"s and 70's addicted to heroin through the prescribed use of oxycontin after knee replacement surgery. When my Mother had this surgery the Doctor put her Oxy, we said absolutely not. Should we also consider them trash to be gotten rid of. Addiction is a disease and some people with addictive personalities become addicts not even realizing its happening and very quickly at that. I did talk and lecture my children about drugs. I did let them know what happen to a lot of friends when I was in school who where druggies. I did make sure I always knew where they were. Who would have thought at that time that the Doctor was the one to watch.
Well now I do but it is too late. My son and my family have been through hell and back with this addiction.

Roxbury25 Roxbury25
Aug '14

With all due respect, Calico, you've admitted on HL before that you're an alcoholic. Just because your drug of choice is different doesn't put you in a position to judge your fellow addicts.

'An illness? No. The decision to start was a choice. '
And not having hope. There but by the Grace of God Go I.

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '14

MB - I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings. ;-)

That said, yes I like to have some drinks. Do I need to drink? No. There have been many times over my life that I've gone months without a drink. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

I have absolutely no pity for them it is their own bad decision!
And then they see the lord and they are Saved!!
Please spare me your sympathy.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Just remember Calico, in dog beers you've only had one.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '14

And I'm sure there are many heroin addicts who can go months without drugs and then fall right back into the habit.

My bubble isn't busted - I don't care whether you consider yourself an alcoholic or not. I just find it very hypocritical that you of all people would be so judgmental when you're no better.

Wow, just wow to the zero-tolerance individuals. Even though my brother and I grew up in a household where we were well-informed about drugs/addiction, we were not immune to it and my brother died two years ago from a heroin overdose. Yes, he made the choice to try it when he was 17 years old, but I'm sure he didn't ask to become addicted and die at 33. If you think you or your kids are immune to it think again ... it can happen to anyone at any time no matter how much you teach them right from wrong. I just hope that should your kids or a loved one find themselves with any type of addiction that you reach out to offer support for them to get the help they need to get clean and sober ... don't shut the door in their face. Wishing death on them is just horrible ... so sad that you feel that way. Well said jaemae and others who have shown compassion above ... good to know there are people like you out there. Let the bashing of my brother begin ...

Yikes
Aug '14

last time i checked drinking was legal so kind of a stretch to compare it to illegal drug use. Now if Calico was driving all over town drunk then yea i'm with you but she is not.

darwin darwin
Aug '14

@MB

I can see Calico's Blood Pressure boiling though the computer at this very moment at your comment!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Whether the decision to start was recreational based or taking a few more pills than prescribed, it's still a choice. It is also a choice to say "I need help" or "I need more".

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

Yeah, I started by drinking Republican Kool-Aid but the more I had the angrier, sloppier, and stupider I got. Plus, all the double vision, pink elephants, passing out, throwing up and headaches really turned me off.

I remember shooting up my first liberal. It was McGovern and man what a zany kick that had. I wanted someone to give me everything for free; I stopped working; sold my guns and stopped praying out loud in public places. I just waited and waited for the Social Security to kick in and save me. I tried to taper off with some Lyndon but could not get my habit into control until I put a huge dose of Clinton in my arm. Since then I have been able to maintain my job, get huge raises, best economy I ever had although I do find myself flirting a lot and stealing ideas from my Conservative neighbors from time to time to support my habit.

Then I tried smoking some Tea party but found it like PCP. Makes you nuttier than the mad hatter.

Aug '14

You know, as long as these crackheads don't bother me and mind their own business, I don't care so much. Yeah they are ruining their lives, but who am I to judge?
If they decide to stroll up to me or my property cracked out of their minds, that's when it becomes an issue for me and when I start to care.

MikeB MikeB
Aug '14

Darwin,

Legal or not, it's still an abuse and an unhealthy behavior that can have serious consequences.

And how do you know she's not driving drunk? Only she knows for sure ;)

If they never got to warren county, why does the title talk about them as if they have?

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Aug '14

Because they're from Warren County. It's presumed they were down that way buying heroin to bring back.

ravi
Aug '14

I'm with MikeB on this one

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '14

I think the board should be renamed to "Hackettstown Judgmental Society", but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it? ;-)

justintime justintime
Aug '14

Well, if these individuals are on any sort of public assistance, then it's your tax dollars.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

Blood boiling? Nah, I just laughed when I read this. Most of you don't know me obviously.

btownguy - Yes, I would hazard a guess that a large majority or these individuals are not productive members of our society.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

jit, how about Hackettstown Strife?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '14

JIT..we could always abbreviate it to HJS..might take some time to get used to it, but I think it would work.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

In defense of Calico (and I know she will hate me for doing this) but would just like to say...Those without sin...cast the first stone. Calico is not a addict in any shape, form or manner...Those of you who can claim that they have no vices at all. "Well, good for you!....keep up the good work!"

joyful joyful
Aug '14

you may be addicted to HL if you answer yes to 3 or more of these questions:

1. have you ever missed work or an important deadline because of HL?

2. have you ever lied to anyone about how much time you spent on HL?

3. have you ever felt guilty or had regrets about the time you spend on HL? (even once)

4. has anyone ever told you that you spend too much time on HL, even once?

5. have you ever felt that you needed some HL to help you cope with your day?

6. have had a blackout as a result of too much HL? (even one time)

if you answered yes to even one of these questions, it is an indicator that a problem may exist, and needs to be checked out. maybe with some one on one sessions with Sack the Cat counselor, ($150.00 per session, 3 sessions a week to start)

addiction is nothing to laugh about, let me tell you what . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

LOL BD!

Thank you joyful. I appreciate your post.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Taking a drug for the first time is a choice but addiction is not a choice.

The resulting compulsive behaviors that override the ability to control impulses despite the consequences are similar to hallmarks of other mental illnesses. Addiction changes the brain, disturbing the normal hierarchy of needs and desires.

Smack Smack
Aug '14

Can't be addicted if you don't start.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

LOL BD~!!!

and nice grab by Totowa!!

Summer Summer
Aug '14

Pretty safe to say the "War on Drugs" has been lost - legalize them & tax them . The billions upon billions wasted on law enforcement & prisons has done nothing. We are in the same boat as 40 years ago.

Legalize them for adults - the price of the stuff drops to nothing and you won't have the crimes surrounding getting the drugs. The people who are going to kill themselves on drugs will get them whether their legal or not. Your taxes will go down cause you wont need as many cops or prisons

See the Prohibition of Alcohol- TPTB know the solution - not hard to figure out.
imo

Legalize and taxing it will put the CIA out of a job on transporting it here

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '14

I'm sitting here reading this topic and all I can think is wow. It is so sad to see so many thoughtless people on this site. A complete lack of compassion for a illness that is destroying the lives of our loved ones. Until you have walked in a addicts shoes don't judge what you truly don't know, don't judge a parent and give them the blame. It's a horrible illness that I wouldn't wish for anyone to have to go through. I'm just completely speechless at the responses on here of so many heartless people in our community. Shame on you all. I hope you never have to experience the loss of a loved one to such a terrible disease.

Sunflower22 Sunflower22
Aug '14

Sunflower22, my thoughts exactly. Thank you for posting and finding the words to express what I was feeling but couldn't because I was dumbfounded by the response and heartlessness of some posters on here.

Again with the illness. Sorry, don't buy it. It's a choice, not an illness.

Sunflower - Shame on you, for assuming that the people who are posting with a contrasting opinion of yours have never had a person they care about turn into a waste of life.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

So true Sunflower. These people need help, not criticism.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '14

I agree 100% with you Sunflower.

Summer Summer
Aug '14

I'm sorry, but I also agree that it is a choice when you do drugs. It is no big secret that drugs are addicting and nothing good comes from doing them.

Sunflower, please explain something to me. You're saying we have no compassion because of our opinion of addiction. How does one become addicted to something without using it first? If we take your claim that addiction is an illness as truth, then how did they get sick in the first place? Will the fish and chips from a pub bring about a sudden urge to try crack for the first time? Will seeing a butterfly immediately trigger a heroin need?

How do these addicts get their start? If your answer is "by using the drug", then we have every right to have our viewpoint.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

I think for (some) on here, it is a mindset they have of themselves that they are above it all. It could never happen to them because they are too smart, strong, self motivated, whatever prideful words they care to imagine as their strengths. But that is how they see life in general, not just people with addictions.

Many tend to over look their own weaknesses as minor compared to an addict's. But I have to wonder what their achille's heel might be...greed, faithlessness in a marriage, anger issues, gambling to excess, eating to excess, golfaholics who neglect their families, sports enthusiasts who go overboard at the expense of the wife and kids....and more.

I think everyone on here could agree that addictions are a serious problem. That has never been the debating point. The debating point is how to deal with the person who has this condition. Some would and have shown compassion, some would and
have disowned them.

Aug '14

Interesting thoughts expressed on this thread. "Waste of life"? What a heartless and mean expression. Enjoy your beer!

A good day
Aug '14

If you can't beat em' join em' and don't knock it til you tried it. You people need to go to the city over the bridge - score a bag - come back through the tunnel - get a whore and a cheap hotel room and then tell me how bad that lifestyle is ....

Cookie Monster
Aug '14

"Interesting thoughts expressed on this thread. "Waste of life"? What a heartless and mean expression. Enjoy your beer!"

Spoken like a true enabler. Maybe if some of the enablers would stop coddling and making excuses for these addicts they might have to wake up a fly right.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Yeah. You are right Calico. Enjoy your beer this weekend. I gotta go enable now.

A good day
Aug '14

Will do.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

The human frailties are in all of man kind. Some just effect themselves, some just family's and some societies. It is more prevalent in the young. Have any of you not done something very stupid when you were young. I know I did. Some diseases are just as damaging, like Smoking on self. Alzheimer on family's, Handicaps on societies . Laws don't seem to stop anything. Maybe the law of supply and demand would ,but that's impossible to control,
There is the other law of Where there is a will there's a way. I leave it up to you !!! When someone comes up with the answer to our ills. Let me know. I have my answer and you all know who it is

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '14

Growing up in an environment like Calico, we watched good kids turn into wastes of life before our eyes. But we were smarter then them and Yes I have Zero Compassion for someone who chose to destroy their life and become a burden of their family and society. Sorry let them die of an overdose. Its their stupidity and choice. Tell them to Grow the hell up and get a set of balls and make choices . ITS NOT A FRIKEN ILLNESS!!! It is stupidity!!!!!!
Rehab???? A swift kick in the ass of REALITY!!! Tough love Not Pampering!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Mr. Negative. I am sorry you and others grew up in such a neighborhood. It must have been difficult . I can see it shaped you to the core.

All I am attempting to get across is that no matter what we do as a society, these kinds of things will always be with us, and we will have to deal with them in some way. Enabling is not good, but neither is name calling and putting on a holier than thou attitude and acting like " Zero tolerance" is all that it takes to straighten out addicts.

Addicts are not weak individuals. They are human beings who fell prey to a first time curiosity about something that turned out to be an addictive substance or behavior for them. All of us could fall prey to a curiosity or temptation that might be deadly for us if not stopped immediately, including you and everyone else who thinks they are above such things. There is a saying, " Pride goeth before the fall." Look out, you are on that path...

Aug '14

+! Spring Fever, for your point of view.

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '14

My ex was born with an addictive personality because his mom was a drug addict and taking a lot of drugs while she was pregnant with him. Because of that he stayed very far away from the stuff.

I have known drug addicts..from coke users to pill poppers to heroin addicts.. and for some they try very hard to fight their demons..some succeed..many do not. Many addicts have no problem at all stealing from their family, friends, or strangers to pay for their habit. Once an addict always an addict even if they do receive treatment and therapy. They will always have that urge/craving at some point.

If someone wants to use drugs go for it because me asking them to stop doing it will never work. However, they are not allowed in my house or near my family. Its sad that people go down this route, but it is the path they have chosen for whatever reason.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '14

It's very sad to see how this topic has turned into a chance for a bunch of mean spirited uneducated people to speak about addiction in this matter. There are no words to describe what I've viewed reading this topic. In saying you hope they all overdose. Think about those words for just one minute. It doesn't mean anything to you because you or your loved ones aren't effected. Now think about it again and think what if it was your son, daughter someone that you've treasured and so very much loved and you've lost them. You wouldn't so freely say such a heartless statement. Take a minute to sit in at a na meeting and see the pain these so called waste of lives are going through. Maybe just maybe you will understand. No one decided to b a addict. Depression, aniexty, life situations play a role for most. Lack of confidence could play a part. You can't change the minds of ignorant people who post on this site. They just don't know any better. I pray you never have to experience the effects of drug abuse in your family.

Sunflower22 Sunflower22
Aug '14

"Many addicts have no problem at all stealing from their family, friends, or strangers to pay for their habit."

Yup, completely non-productive members of society.

"If someone wants to use drugs go for it because me asking them to stop doing it will never work. However, they are not allowed in my house or near my family."

+100

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Sadly, there can reach a point where the safety and protection of innocent family members would necessitate your last line Calico. In that case, let go and let God and the court system be their judge. But love for that person doesn't stop there. It goes on in the form of trusting in God and His will for the loved one, even if it means moving on to eternity. Many will see our healed loved ones there when our appointed time comes...

Aug '14

They are near your family everyday and you may not even know it.

Steve-0 Steve-0
Aug '14

"Many addicts have no problem at all stealing from their family, friends, or strangers to pay for their habit"

"If someone wants to use drugs go for it because me asking them to stop doing it will never work. However, they are not allowed in my house or near my family."

sunshinenj Thank you for summing it up so Perfectly!!!! I want nothing to do with them either! they can NEVER be trusted!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Spring fever . Agree with you but honestly some of these forum posters are hard hearted unloving folk who live life in a way I never could. What goes around comes around.

A good day
Aug '14

Mr. Negative....Are you always so angry? Perhaps it's something you might want to work on.....

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

A good day, sometimes I have to stay off HF for days or weeks to get away from the constant negative responses and give myself time to recover! But then I miss the pet pictures and lurk my way back in ; ).

Aug '14

Re: Never-ending drug problems in Warren County

@5catmom

I am not angry I am honest.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '14

Re: Never-ending drug problems in Warren County

comes off as very angry and very opinionated ---

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

Thank you Jenny.

Aug '14

Mr. Negative "I am not angry I am honest" I LOVE IT !!!

Some people just can't take "honest" and would rather get some sugar-coated version of reality.

"Health care providers wrote 259 million prescriptions for painkillers in 2012, enough for every American adult to have a bottle of pills."
- CDC

And we think that everyone who becomes an addict did so because he or she decided to try some illicit street drugs?

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Rebecka- exactly! And then there are the people addicted to Xanax type meds. Please! Wake up people. Why is this the state of affairs in US?

A good day
Aug '14

Yes addicts can not be trusted, because all they think about and live for is to get their next fix. That is their life and saviour.

I have mixed feelings about this topic, on one hand I have no respect for them but on the other hand I try to put myself in their shoes and I can only fathom what their brain and body falsely tells them what they need to have every day.

Looking at it in a medical perspective, I can almost understand their need. The brain plays tricks on a person and the brain and the central nervous system become accustomed to getting certain amounts of dopamine and/or serotonin everyday. When the supply dimminshes the aftermath is pretty horrific and the nervous system and brain receptors go bonkers.

In my teenage years I dabbled with a few drugs, but what kept me from ever doing them again was the horrible "coming down" affect, which is worse than any hangover imaginable...never tried them again.

This is why I can't understand addiction in the first place, these addicts intially experienced what I did, so why go back to it again?

positive positive
Aug '14

Everyday is a new day and a fresh start. Addicts DO have the choice and ability to stop. An illness to me and im sure to many others, is not a choice. You cant wake up one day and say "you know what, im going to stop having cancer today". Addiction can be beat by the individual based on their will to live.

blondie781 blondie781
Aug '14

blondie, unfortunately, pretty much the opposite of what you say is true. If it were that easy, no one would be an addict. Please do some actual reading on addiction to get a better handle on what it is. I have no idea where your ideas come from, but they have no basis in reality.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Rebecka I totally agree that prescription painkillers are a real problem.

A few years ago I had severe neck and right arm pain (the spasms were debilitating, to the point that I couldn't work for a week). My doctor prescribed Naproxin and Oxycodone, well I never filled the Oxy script and made an appointment with a chiropractor, because I'm well aware of how addictive painkillers are and it scares the heck out of me.

I just wish more people out there would have enough sense to outweigh the risks involved and realize that pain killers are just a temporary band aid relief. To me it's just not worth it.

positive positive
Aug '14

A lot of times, depression is the root cause -- leading to laziness and chronic drug use.

Thank you BrotherDog for promoting my business. Thats right folks for a mere $150 per hour and a 3 time a week commitment you too can have the perfect cat. I can also speak to dogs or any animal if you'll pay me the $150.

sack
Aug '14

I was depressed which led to being lazy and now I am hooked on HL with no problem at all stealing sound bytes from my family, friends, or even strangers to create witty HL snarky comebacks. I have HLA, Hackettstown Life Addicktion. Each morning I wake up with the enough sense to outweigh the risks and the ability to make the choice to quit this clever but almost never funny behavior. But my brain plays its tricks because my central nervous system is accustomed to getting HLA-provided dopamine and/or serotonin everyday and let's face it, you can't find more serious dopes anywhere else than HL.

And you asking me to stop will never work since I don't want to come to your house or meeting your family anyway.

Mr. Negative knows. He grew up in such a neighborhood. It must have been difficult. And yet, it is HL's fault. You are HLA enablers. Enabling is not good, but neither is name calling and putting on a holier than thou attitude and acting like "Zero tolerance" is all that it takes to straighten out HL addicts. It takes a village, a Main Street, or a Farmer's Market with very few farmers at least once a week.

I am not a not weak individual. I am a human being who fell prey to a first time curiosity about something that turned out to be an addictive behavior. Remember, all of you also have fell prey to the same curiosity or temptation that is deadly for you if not stopped immediately You are not above HLA. There is a saying, " Pride goeth before the fall." (especially for misspellings). Look out lifers , you are on that path...

Type no more, do not put that keyboard in your veins. Turn off the monitor, release your mouse and Iman, drop that phone before you lose your job. Now shush, be still, say nothing. Remember, quiet now before you too became an HLA addict.

psssssssst. I hear Long Valley has got some good stuff..........

Sep '14

excellent, mistergoogle

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

"And you asking me to stop will never work since I don't want to come to your house or meeting your family anyway."

Good comment, Mister Google! A good amount off us posters do want to meet others that post on HL so we try not to comment or post anything that might offend other posters, when we find a thread that is getting "nasty" or hurtful..we stop viewing that thread...... or if we did post something that others did not agree on.. we would be willing to explain why we commented the way we did. As with most vices or addictible things out there...moderation is the key....a little bit of anything goes a long way especially with Hackettstown Life. (Sometimes it is just takes going "cold turkey" for a few days).

joyful joyful
Sep '14

sack - Your $150 drugs get you hearing dogs voices? I need some of yours. All my $150 gets me is low cholesterol...

Thanks Joyful. Yet the devil's advocate in me asks: "so if that is the case, whatever convinced you to read this thread, of all the threads here? I am just praying that you started at the end and work your way up......." Methinks you picked a dose that was hardly cut at all.........

Take care :>) and stop reading this thread NOW !

Sep '14

Monkey See does not mean Monkey do...mistergoogle! By the way, "You're my favorite...don't tell anybody, OK??"

joyful joyful
Sep '14

Blondie addiction is NOT a choice. I don't think anyone wakes one day and says.....I think I'd like to be an addict.

As far as "just being able to stop", if that were the case, then they are NOT addicted.

An addict is never ever cured. An addict can't say "today Im going to stop using and will never again" Recovery is a life long "treatment" for addiction.

An addict with any other illness, takes meds from a pharmacy each day to stay well AND needs to go to an AA/NA meeting and practice the program of recovery every single day...if they want to stay healthy and clean.

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Sep '14

Abbadabbadoooo,

It is a shame we have to pay as a society for the stupidity of these morons choices in the first place! I will NEVER trust any of them or have anything to do with them.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Sep '14

Ah, but Joyful, I have taken the first step to recovery:

""We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable."

But thaaaaaaat's all folks
since the second step:

"Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

OK, that's just wrong on so many levels :>)

And not to worry, I never talk tooooooo much..... :>0

Sep '14

I never said making the choice to stop was easy. Most of the best choices are the hardest to make. Rebecka, I do not need to read up on anything. I have had a front row seat to addiction. Some of my friends have died, some got help and relapsed, some went to jail and then there are some (very few) that are sober still. All of which I tried to help and support. Some want it and some dont. The choice they make is to get help or not to get help. Getting clean is not easy without help. All I'm saying is everyone can get help if they choose to.

blondie781 blondie781
Sep '14

I think we have a big drug problem in Washington,Congress, and the President must being doing drugs,they can't make any sense on what to do about anything, Another beheading,and we bomb Somlia? The President says,we will stay the course,would that be the golf course?There are 11 passenger jets missing from Milasia,and more will be taken soon,what month is this?Drugs can ruin a nation,ask Ollie North!Plenty of drugs coming through the borders,no sense closing them, Obama says things are fine! I think we should enlist all the drug addicts, and all the illegals send over seas, let them give there dope to the enemy!This way they would be as confused as us! Maybe they would attack each other, problem solved. People, bad choices have bad results, look around you,

He's obviously in over his head.

ravi
Sep '14

This is what POS Junkies do for money for their Freaken drugs!!

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/2014/09/02/morris-tip-jar-thief-caught-video/14967799/

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Sep '14

I'm not a fan of tip jars, but I'm even less a fan of stealing. What an ass.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Take it easy Negative, you are talking about someone's pride and joy...

I think there legalizing drugs in Warren County,so don't worry,no more news reports!

Drug users are depressed and/or lazy people...

Mr.Negative I agree with you 100%!!! And yes people need to stop to sugar coat everything. You have to be honest and speak your mind and learn to say NO. I also grew up with wealthy friends who did drugs but I refused to use them because I new my parents would of kill me plus I was afraid I was going to get hook. I was raise in another country and my Parents had ZERO Tolerance for drugs and other things. They were very strict and got spank many times and I didnt loose an arm or a leg because Of it. I also have a family member ( my uncle) who did drugs and still do them. No pity from my part. He made his choice. My family spent so much money in rehab places to help him but nothing help. I don't want to offend anybody but you have to love yourself very much, respect yourself and be happy with yourself and have self confidence in other to not to do drugs. If you know that drugs are bad "Why do you even try them". Recently I had breast surgery due to a benign tumor. My surgeon gave an RX for Percocet. Next day after my surgery found out I was pregnant, well, I didnt fill the rx either. I just used ice packs and cry my ass off but you see I didnt die from pain. I just used other ways to relieve it.
I really think everything starts at home!!! And it is called "Tough Love". Parents now are too tolerant and try to be friends with their kids and not parents. You have to learn to say NO to your kid and explain why. My parents did and I turn out ok. On the other hand I don't feel sorry for addicts but I do pray for them!!!

Bella76 Bella76
Sep '14

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/09/bill_defining_addiction_as_a_mental_illness_to_mandate_treatment_passes_assembly_committee.html#incart_river

I am thinking we are all Mentally Ill

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Great article. So true!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

What a waste of time. So basically the state assembly thinks more coddling will help the heroin problem in NJ. I guess by that logic we could consider anyone that can't control their actions to be mentally ill.

ravi
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.