HL September Photo Walk(s) 2014

HL September Photo Walk(s) 2014

Let’s get together… a lot of opportunities this month for some awesome photos.

Sunflowers at Donaldson’s Farm

So NJ Photographers on Meetup.com took some really cool shot of sunflowers at night over at Liberty Farms. http://www.meetup.com/New-Jersey-Photographers/photos/24150532/ I think we can do better! I visited Donaldson’s Farm this evening and one of the fields are near peak. The larger ones still have 8-10 days to bloom. How about we do a Sunset and stars shoot? It would be free…..

Here are some things I’ll be photographing, if you’re interested let me know.

Thursday September 11, 9:00 pm Tribute in Light NYC
Sunday September 14, 10:00 am Hackettstown Street Fair
Sunday September 14, 6:00 pm Unique Photo at Donaldson’s Farm
Saturday September 20, 11:30 am Shawnee Rodeo & Chili Cookoff
Sunday September 21, 8:30 am Broad-winged Hawk Migration at Raccoon Ridge

And don’t forget about alpha1beta’s walk in October-
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/627064

Re: HL September Photo Walk(s) 2014

Today's light and sunset were spectacular. A big thank you to the Donaldson's again!

Nice photo.

I was at Merrill Creek this evening.

Some Guy (Art) Some Guy (Art)
Sep '14

looking down at the Delaware from trail on Mt. Tammany--a bugger of a hike - no I didn't do the whole thing---but it was a beautiful day to be out and about

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

beautiful shots, Some Guy and OP

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Get out there.. looks like another good sunset for this area

5catmom - Tammany will kick day hiker's butts, particularly the young guys who think it's a cake walk. Even free climbing Minsi (which I've also done) isn't that. But the good news is 75% of the way up is as bad as it gets. From there you just can breeze on away 30 miles past. There's a point maybe 7-10 miles from the fire tower that is a ridge over into the valley, not the Gap, that makes it worth the while.

Well GC - I'm an old gal - happy to make it to the first overlook - needed a walking stick and someone to carry my camera - lol---sadly I won't try that again - need something either less rocky or less steep - or both---my butt was well kicked

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

5catmom - Been on lots of trails out west, I'm a certified Yosemite Jr Ranger (3 day program) but the only things worse than that I've seen are Hunter Mountain and Mt Marci. Sure Rocky Mountain has steeper climbs, but they're not easily accessible. No need to apologize for that, been there myself when I was a young, young guy. My condolences to anyone older who makes the attempt.

Thanks for the reassurance GC --- may head to Skyline Drive one of these days - haven't done the hike there - down to the lake and up to -as the kids call it - the haunted house (old burned out house) in a long time.........but I don't have to prove anything to myself - just love the woods and the scenery........ If you ever get to the Santa Fe area, try to get to Tent Rocks - early in the day - and do the hike - I think I have some pix posed here - gorgeous and unusual and a challenging climb -

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

"Santa Fe area" - Have gone coast to coast camping as a kid twice. Two summers in a row. I know the petroglyphs, Anasazi, and other places very well. I don't think it's so challenging a climb per se as it is the heat and environment. Not there but our next NM stop we decided to take a 3/4 day hike. Were entertained by a pair of 14 yer old Texas twins rambling on about the stinking "goat roapers" in their school. Maybe only 12 people total on that hike, I was only 10, but the whole troupe was totally in stitches with the comedy of two kids with orthodontic head gear. You just can't make that one up.

The second year was the most incredible serendipity ever. Finishing our stay near Sante Fe and the park ranger taking our camp fees says he sees our NY state plates. Wants to know where we are from in NY. My parents tell him. He says his daughter is a 5th grade teacher in that town. My parents say our one son is going into 5th grade. They to me "G, when you did moving up day, who is your teacher for next year". I say "Mrs S" and the ranger says my daughter was "Miss R" but just became "Mrs S" over the summer when she got marries. Holy crap. My first day of 5th grade was an interesting conversation about how she had received this letter from her park ranger father...

that is quite a story...hope she was a great teacher............

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

5catmom - 5th Grade for me was a very interesting experience as in 1970's "open classroom". She was good but didn't have tobe because her father was also great and that would have been enough. Yet our two teachers and the combined experiment was very much an impact on a number of us. My mother substituted for her for several days. As much of an experience for me as our two 8 week adventures.

ah yes - open classroom - there yesterday - gone today - there were some good concepts there - so as usual thrown out with the bath water

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

I still have some chromatic aberration to take out...

WOW---wish I were there

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Is anyone interested in either the Shawnee Rodeo or Raccoon Ridge this weekend?

How about Raccoon Ridge?

There's a reason I stopped posting these lol.

Sep '14

I understand everyone is busy, but with 5 photo ops down it appears to be another case of "I like to look at the pictures, just not take them." I give up, Art.

Well if any lurkers are interested the group is meeting tomorrow 8:30AM at the Mohican Outdoor Center 50 Camp Rd, Blairstown, NJ . You'll see the cars on the side of the road before the center.

Please don't stop posting, I just found this topic on Photo walks. Where is Skyline Dr and what Lake is by it ?. I normally head west on 46, then into Hope, or further up into Blairstown area. Of course love Old Mine Rd all the way up to Pa. And all the Delaware and it's old bridges.

Jo Anne Jo Anne
Nov '14

@OP

I wasn't able to respond to your email. I'm free this Sunday for some picture-taking. Let me know if that fits with your plans.

Dec '14

Sunday is no problem for me. What time you do you want to meet up and where? I was looking for some photos of that place in operation so we can do some then/now shots.

OP, you're the leader of this excursion. You tell me when and where and I'll be there. GPS coordinates would work best. Thanks.

Dec '14

Here are the coordinates, 41.235043, -74.517828 Sunday at 12/14 11 am. Bring your tripod and dress warm.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.