New Ice Cream Shop

It's a little out of town, but we stopped in Das' Creamery tonight in Budd Lake after seeing it mentioned on the sidebar under the Mt Olive Forum. Homemade ice cream in all kinds of interesting flavors. A nice mix of traditional (vanilla, chocolate, etc.) and more funky flavors (smoked peach, banana Oreo, strawberry coconut). The very friendly owner spent time talking with us about the shop and the ice cream. Great experience.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Aug '14

Sounds yummy. I see it's on rt 46 --- can you describe whereabouts it is?

happiest girl
Aug '14

We ve been there a few times. Extremely friendly staff and great flavors. Kinda pricey but I guess your saving your money and def a lot of time compared to going to cliffs

It's in the Home Goods shopping center, around the corner from Dunkin Donuts. Enjoy!

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Aug '14

Oh -- that's the same mall that has Golden Bowl Chinese which has a vegan menu!
Cool -- I can have dinner and then dessert !!!!!!!!!!!!

happiest girl
Aug '14

do they have vegan ice cream?

kepa
Aug '14

That's on the site of the former sit down Dairy Queen, that was replaced by "Sundae's" after it closed:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/333666

It's good to see that it reopened and that the (new?) owner is pleasant and has a good product to sell. Good luck to them. I'll have to try it out when I'm by there next time.

After all, "Ice Cream" is a major food group - in my eyes anyway ;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '14

kepa,
I would be surprised if they did --- I frequent Golden Bowl for the vegan menu because I am a vegetarian and Chinese restaurants contaminate what you would think would be a vegetarian dish with chicken broth.

happiest girl
Sep '14

$3.75. I just had a small cup of 1 scoop of a dark rich chocolate and 1 scoop of smoked peach which uses fresh peaches from the farm that used to be Iona. Very pleasant people. They will surely have me as a repeat customer. 11 am -10pm 7 days. I give it a 4 star rating. Just the facts. Just delicious.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.