Live music

Hi there friends! My birthday is on Saturday and I'm really trying to find a bar/restaurant that has live music. Id prefer acoustic music... Nothing loud and crazy. We went to Mcnalleys last year which was great but too loud for what I'm looking for this year. I once was at Mattars and there was a guy playing his acoustic guitar all night. I loved every second. Can anyone recommend something like this for Saturday night? Thanks!

Check out Panther Pub in Allamuchy, Milrace Pond in Hope, and possibly Marley's, If all else fails there is going to be some great music next weekend at the Festival in the Borough in Washington. Weekend long music Fest, art, crafts show. Acoustic type music is often other nights like Bea McNally's on Sunday aft at 4

Firefly Firefly
Sep '14

Salt Gastropub in Byram

http://www.saltgastropub.com/

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

christography christography
Sep '14

The KofC in Hackettstown will host Joe Grushecky and the House Rockers on Saturday, September 27th.
I don't know how many tickets are available if any but tickets are $35 per person and it's a great place see a band.
Grushecky's from Pittsburgh and doesn't come to this area much but when he does he's a must see. Call the KofC I'm sure someone can give you more details.

Dave Dee Dave Dee
Sep '14

I second salt and second happy birthday!

Happy b-day cool person!

fitter fitter
Sep '14

Thanks friends!! I guess i have some places to call!

Check out Sheridan's Lodge in Sparta/Andover. They have a website. Cool place on the lake.

Hi, I'm new to the area. please recommend to me good live music restaurants / bars / venues. THANKS. KofC / What's that? where?

Larry H. Larry H.
Mar '15

LOCALLLY MEANING IN/AROUND TOWN

Bea McNally's has excellent bands on Friday's and Saturdays.(www.beamcnallys.com). They are located off Main Street on Grand Avenue, across from the post office.

The Tap House Grille (www.taphousegrillenj.com) also has live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They are located on Route 57 in Mansfield.

Panther Pub and Salt have more of an acoustic scene.

There's never a cover at any of these places.

Quimby Mountain Band @ the Stanhope House.

Tourney2 Tourney2
Mar '15

St. Moritz Bar and Grill Sparta - was there recently and enjoyed the live music

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

To answer the other part of the question -

KofC is Knights of Columbus. It's on Liberty Street and about twice a year or so they have some kind of show.

I love music and often go to shows preferring bands rather than acoustic music. Reading this thread I was surprised at the price for a little known band playing in a small venue. I have tickets to Rock, Ribs, and Ridges over the summer, 5 known bands and all the food you could want for the same $35. I know KofC does good work but it seems like a high price for what it is.

A bit misleading there MK. $35 for a one day pass which does not include any food and only 3/2 bands depending on the day. Still not too bad.

RR&R will have 5 bands per day but not 5 known bands each day.

They just added 2 bands and I have more food options than I would at KofC. I would say that Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels, and Artimus Pyle doing Lynyrd Skynyrd is pretty much known more so nationwide as opposed to a local PA band. I apologize for the misconception of the food being included as I was not clear just commenting that just about any food I want is there.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.