Fatal Stabbing in Washington

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/washington_stabbing_leaves_one.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Candace J Candace J
Sep '14

The amount of killings taking place nowadays is out of control. Although its worse in the big cities no zip code is immune. My guess is most are domestic issues and/or drug related. That's the 2nd murder in Washington along with recents in Mt Olive and Green Township a couple years ago.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

So sad the man was not able to defend himself

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

http://wrnjradio.com/wrnj-news-department/2014/breaking-news-fatal-stabbing/

Found this link with some pictures.

interested interested
Sep '14

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/hus11.pdf

one of many sources...

justintime justintime
Sep '14

At the intersection ? Could be road rage or do they mean the residence where it happened is on the corner.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

"The amount of killings taking place nowadays is out of control."

Murder has been dropping and is less than half the rate it was in 1993.

Actually, violent crime across the board is down (just over half of what is was in 1993).

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/1tabledatadecoverviewpdf/table_1_crime_in_the_united_states_by_volume_and_rate_per_100000_inhabitants_1993-2012.xls

So yes, it happens, and this case is a shame but don't think things are more dangerous nowadays.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

Isn't that the house where the guy with the beard lives that just walks around Washington and stares at you ? Always felt kind of bad for that guy .

Sams
Sep '14

Well thanks for those stats Mark. Media nowadays is out of control. Why do we need to know about every killing. I felt safer when the stats were higher. Im going to limit my internet usage.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

" Media nowadays is out of control. Why do we need to know about every killing. I felt safer when the stats were higher."

Exactly. Back then you heard about the local issues (which is understandable) but you wouldn't have known Ferguson, MO or Sanford, FL from a hole in the wall, for example.

The media is well deserving of the "if it bleeds, it leads" label.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/washington_stabbing_not_a_danger.html#incart_river

so sad...i drive past alot and there are always children playing...

Candace J Candace J
Sep '14

Wow, although they are saying the public isnt in danger, it was a isolated incident, it still gives me an uncomfortable feeling. Keep your doors locked!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

99.5% of the murders that happen in our area are directed at a specific individual or individuals and the general public is not in danger. It's sually a family dispute or drug deal gone bad. There really isn't much in the way of random murders.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Still, there are "time bombs" walking around out there with easy access to weapons.

Sadly, you never know where the next senseless mass murder will happen, unless people take action when they see "warning signs."

Even though it made the list of annoying phrases, I have to add ...
just sayin.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

"Sadly, you never know where the next senseless mass murder will happen, unless people take action when they see "warning signs.""

Which is why YOU (in the general sense) have to be prepared and equipped to defend your life or those around you when something like that happens. Too bad this state doesn't allow that.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

I'm just hearing of this and live only a few miles away from here... I am wondering why something like this wouldn't have been sent out as a Nixle alert?? Scary!
There are always children playing outside on that corner, too! I hope they find the person(s) who were involved!

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

This happened just over the border from Washington. Scary times

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/hunterdon-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/hampton_home_invasion_victim_s.html#incart_river

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

av111ks - Because the general public wasn't in any danger. If it had been someone running around with a machine gun, I'm sure an alert would have sent out.

Old Gent - Just another reason to be locked and loaded at home. These robbers must have been geniuses though, to try rob an apartment lived in by people on Welfare. SMH

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

poor family

Summer Summer
Sep '14

I agree you have to be locked and loaded .... if they are in my house, my life is in danger and they will be shot.
sorry to be so graphic..just how it should be.

Summer Summer
Sep '14

"These robbers must have been geniuses though, to try rob an apartment lived in by people on Welfare."

What better way to increase the odds of a defensive firearm not being present than attacking a home that cannot afford one due to the infringing fees necessary to get government approval to purchase one?

Do poor people not have the same right to self defense as others? $100 for fingerprints, applications, etc. may not sound like a lot to you or me, but it's that much less food on the table to someone on a fixed income.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

I agree, if he only had a gun.....wait, which guy?

wait, that house was being robbed by two guys in a new BMW?

to me the second one is more scary that a home invasion takes place at federally subsidized housing. weird crooks.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '14

True Mark. I didn't even think of that angle. I was more wondering what they hoped to steal......

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Gee, MG, for someone who claims to support the 2nd Amendment, what better case would there be than a person having a firearm in their own home for personal self defense?

The fact that you ridicule even THAT scenario shows your true colors.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

I think we all know MG's true standings on the 2nd, even though he claims he is not. To him it is all a big joke, unfortunately even when someone lost their life.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Hopefully NJ law makers will step up and start registering and if necessary banning Knives. According to their logic, it is the weapon that kills and is at fault.

StopLiberals
Sep '14

"to me the second one is more scary that a home invasion takes place at federally subsidized housing. weird crooks."

It would make perfect sense if the target was a drug dealer (who frequently reside in Section 8 housing, having no reportable income to speak of). That doesn't seem to be the case here... or it IS the case here and the victim's story is a lie. Then again, would the guy tell the cops that the crooks made off with 10 pounds of weed and a couple ounces of meth?

I'm not saying that that's what happened, but it would make the situation a lot more believable... a lot more believable than four guys teamed up to not only burglarize, but go full home invasion with guns drawn on a random welfare apartment.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

not to mention the bad language.

personally I have found that criminals have been known on occasion to lie :>)

Sep '14

Ianimal, There are a lot of dumb crook story's, That doesn't make them less dangerous.
Lock and load

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Four dumb crooks who are all willing to risk 10-20 years in prison for obsolete electronics and worthless jewelry? I find that hard to believe... methinks there is more to this story.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

there is always more to every story

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Truck headed east on 57, so they are on the loose. If they are capable of killing 1, they wont hesitate to kill more. No one is safe.

Sep '14

Arrest made in Washington stabbing... the accused lived in the same block of East Washington Street.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/washington_man_charged_in_tues.html#incart_river

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

Three inch, black metal folding knife? Sheesh!!!! Can't wait to hear more about this fine upstanding citizen, 26 year old Daniel Lawrence. Still no word on who the victim was. Maybe then are waiting on next of kin notification.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Thats good news.

Sep '14

Re: Fatal Stabbing in Washington

"Three inch, black metal folding knife? Sheesh!!!"

Why "Sheesh" ?

That's about the size (and functionality) of an average Swiss Army Knife or Leatherman.

Does the black color made it more dangerous?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

LOL Mark, I was hoping for something really exciting like a Samurai sword! ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Ah, OK.

I thought you were implying that "nobody needs a 3 inch folding black metal knife"... which didn't jive with your other comments in the past.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

Wonder what the motive was.

Sep '14

Nah, I have a folding 3 inch blade with me at all times. Everybody should, they can be useful for many purposes.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

"If they are capable of killing 1, they wont hesitate to kill more. No one is safe."

No one was safe? really not 1 single person was safe from these killers???

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Thats right Darwin. He killed him, why wouldnt he kill you, or anyone else? As long as a killer was running around, NO ONE is safe.

Sep '14

Didn't sound like he was "running around". Sounded like he lived next door.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I sure hope his knife wasn't like this one

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Calico-at first they said the 2 vehicles fled the scene. Thats runnig around. (Being on the loose)

Sep '14

man BBYU, i'm glad he was caught so you get get out of the bunker you were hiding in while he was out on the lamb.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Really Darwin. No one was hiding. When there is a man, who just MURDERED someone, "on the lamb", no one is safe until he is caught.

Sep '14

I was safe

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

Especially the lamb, lol...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

I don't know anyone, except apparently darwin, who doesn't have a concern with a murderer on the loose after just killing another person practically right down the street.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

lambs run slow, anyone on a lamb will be caught

If you go too far out on the lamb, it might get cut off :>)

Sep '14

I'm concerned that there was a murder on the loose. But I think it was a tax dramatic to say NO ONE was safe. It seems like this was an isolated event and they knew each other.

Darwin Darwin
Sep '14

I love a leg of Lamb Where is it. I will be right over with my knife

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

"That's not a knife"

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Good one Darrin. LOL

Just to let you know bothered, there are killers on the loose every minute of every day in every State. Think of how many unsolved murders there are. All those killers are obviously on the loose.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Methinks he was wearing a kilt. Ottherwise that lamb woulda heard the zipper.

Aquarius Aquarius
Sep '14

Updated article.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/witness_saw_murder_suspect_pun.html#incart_river

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

both situations are extremely sad and appear to both be 'inside' jobs.

the hampton one was an older BMW I believe 1997?

It's unsettling how quickly situations escalate to violence.

That's one of the reasons why I mind my own business when I'm out and/or if someone gives me a dirtly look driving (I drive slow) I just ignore it...not worth it!

Summer Summer
Sep '14

"The alleged murder weapon was found near the victim, court records say. Attached to the 3-inch-long black metal folding knife was a prescription card with Lawrence's name on it, court records say"

Brilliant!!! I'm guessing they didn't need to call in Tony Shalhoub to solve this one...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

The victim's name has been released. He had an address in Jersey City.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/victim_identified_in_fatal_was.html#incart_river

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

ianimal - And a good thing too, Tony Shalhoub wouldn't touch Old Gent's disease infested knife even if he had an environmental suit on. ;-)

Mark - I really hope your Leatherman started out black because it looks like you've been using that exclusively in a coal mine. BTW, I love my Leatherman. I lost the sheath so I need to get a new one.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

emaxxman - Not only should it have started out black, it doesn't start out 3 inches or close either. That would be something like the power assist spring loaded Gerber Old Gent displayed or a Navy Seal type SOG. Leatherman's as well as Gerber and SOG multi-tools are much closer to an inch smaller.

I posted this a few weeks ago. Well I just heard the rest of the story. With out all the details. Drugs were involved.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/hunterdon-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/09/hampton_home_invasion_victim_s.html#incart_river

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

That's pretty much what I figured, Old Gent...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

I know it's way late, but I didn't see emaxx's and GC's posts until now...

That isn't my Leatherman... just found a picture of a black one. Looks like someone painted it to suit their style.

Also, most blades on that size of multi-tool (per their website) are 2.6" to 2.9" long, which I would consider "close" to 3 inches.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

That article doesnt mention drugs. How are you so sure?

Sep '14

I talked to his up stairs neighbor.A lot went on not in that story.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Ah, the old upstairs neighbor story. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Just the facts Ma'am, She has been living with the smell. The rest of the story is from unnamed sources which I will not repeat.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.