HOA Meeting in Diamond Hill?

HOA Meeting in Diamond Hill?

Anyone know what this is about? I've lived in DH for 11 years, and have never once heard of any HOA.... and what would HMUA have to do with it???

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Sep '14

I was wondering the same. I saw this sign toda!!

Bella76 Bella76
Sep '14

http://www.publicnoticeads.com/nj/search/view.asp?T=PN&id=263%5C8222014_21667866.HTM

Public notice includes a contact email address.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Like I said, I've been here 11 years, and in all that time, and all the neighbors I've talked to to, including ones who have lived here since the development was built, I have never once heard of a HOA being mentioned.... weird....

Sep '14

Maybe it has to do with the original treatment system? Was there technically an hoa for that, even if just on paper? Maybe they found some money in an account :)

There was a HOA when the residents were fighting the original owner of the water and sewer system.That resulted in the ownership being transferred to HMUA. The original owner was dumping sewage into Hances Brook, had trees growing in the waste treatment plant, and did very little upkeep.on the system.

It was fairly active up to May 2007 when the transfer was completed. That"s when each water bill started having a payment, for a 40 year loan on the water and sewage, added to each bill. (approx $100)

If it still exists it has been dormant for a while..

DiaHillRes2 DiaHillRes2
Sep '14

Looks like it is still alive and kicking according to JeffersonRepub's post

DiaHillRes2 DiaHillRes2
Sep '14

Sounds like they just flew over to scope things out for the upcoming HOA meeting....

Yabbadabbadoo Yabbadabbadoo
Sep '14

Hmm... maybe that's all it is, to dissolve the HMO now that the HMUA thing is done. Altho, I'm starting to wonder if we don;t need another one to get the roads fixed here..... HMUA did finally pave their destruction, but quite quite a few other roads here in DH are literally falling apart....

Sep '14

JR for mayor !

do it, get involved, your town needs you badly

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

I agree. It's a development and there's always upkeep for roads etc. Maybe an ongoing homeowners association resource is needed. At least to monitor our white squirrel population! See u Thursday!

:

Denise Denise
Sep '14

Diamond Hill appears to be going on 50 years old, with many of the homes built in the mid-60s. Unless your roads and development are designated as "private" on the Township tax maps, the roads in your development were dedicated to and accepted by Mansfield Township a long, long time ago.

The taxes you pay to the Township should pay for the proper upkeep of the roads within the Township, including your own. It's ridiculous to even consider "ponying up" more money to pay for the maintenance that you already pay for through property taxes. Go to the Council meetings and start bitching if the roads are really that bad.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

"The taxes you pay to the Township should pay for the proper upkeep of the roads within the Township, including your own."

Bwahahahaha! Don't I wish. My street hasn't been paved in so long, it's basically gravel. I've been there 7 1/2 years and have been complaining about it for 7 of them. The town says that they don't have the money. They do send out the DPW once a year with some cold patch. That's a total joke, since it's pretty much resembling a street in a bombed out area of the Middle East! My neighbor says, if she remembers correctly, that the last time it was paved was 1998.

All that said, I have never heard of an HOA for streets that are not private (condo/townhouse developments and/or gated communities).

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

That's a shame, Calico... mine was just done in April; it's smooth like a drag strip (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

HOA Fees are the biggest Ripoff. I would never move to a place with HOA fees. I can cut my own grass. Etc.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Sep '14

Honestly, I don't like HOAs because I refuse to allow people to tell me what color I can or cannot paint my house, or whether or not I am "allowed" to fly a flag. My property, I do what I want. If there had been an HOA in place when I bought this house (as I said, I asked around and no one had ever heard of one), there's a good chance I wouldn't have bought it.

All that being said, I am getting tired of reading about all the "do-nothings" on the committee, including the mayor himself. I have never been to a meeting, so I can't pretend to know all the facts, but I hear nothing but grievances about Mansfield's govt. I have avoided local politics because, frankly, I cannot suffer assholes, and I don't need the stress. But maybe I should start going to some of these meetings, if only to see how much I can get the mayor to shout profanities at me (or so I have heard...) And to find out about the roads...

Sep '14

Mr N - I personally agree.

However, not everyone is able bodied. People who are older or disabled might benefit from not having to mow or shovel etc. Just a thought.

Oh and some people are downright lazy. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

" People who are older or disabled might benefit from not having to mow or shovel etc."

Plenty of landscaping companies offer these services, with the benefit of not telling you that you need to replace your garbage cans because they are dented and don't match your neighbor's.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

When I've gone to the meetings I've noticed the shouting starts by the residents. Deliberate taunting to start a fight, and relishing the whole thing.

Denise Denise
Sep '14

+1JR. YOU are paying the mortgage and/or taxes, so you should be able to paint YOUR door green with yellow dots if you want.
Cant understand why anyone would WANT to live in a community like that. But to each their own.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.