Comcast On Demand

Anyone else in town having issue with On Demand. Ours comes up with an error on all our tv's. Called Comcast and they were less then helpful. Really thinking of going to Direct TV.

Earnhardt Earnhardt
Sep '14

Mine works. But I know what your saying about their customer service. It sucks. My last issues was a bad cable box. My other cable box worked fine on both TV's. So I knew the box was bad. Called Comast they agreed to send me a new box. New box came didnt work. Called again, they sent new box. New box came, didnt work. Called again, they agreed to send another box. 8 days later. No box. Called again, they forget to order the box. They agreed to send 4 boxes to this as the rep said "we can't guarantee that the box we send you will work. 4 new boxes came. All 4 didnt work. Called again, they agreed to send another box. 8 days later, no box. Called again, they said they forgot to ship it. Agreed to send another. New box came and it finally worked. In total 30 days with a non working cable box.

I hate Comcast. They don't care about you or your issue.

sack
Sep '14

Sack, what type/model of cable box was it? Were all of them they sent to you the same exact model over and over? What didn't work on the bad ones?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

Take the box to their office on Port Murray Rd in Mansfield. I did last week. No problem. Got new Modem and DVR.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Comcast sucks! One, you shouldn't have to keep replacing boxes. I have had both Optimum and DirectTV and never had to replace a box. Two, I called Saturday night because I rented a film and paused it for 5 minutes and than I couldn't resume because OnDemand was messed up. I constantly have problems with there OnDemand, its terrible. On top of all there issues the pricing is ridiculous.

Thanks for letting me vent. :-) Wish Hackettstown had other options for cable

I've had the same issue with On Demand. Says not avail and an error code. Sometimes the picture "pixelates" and freezes. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Seconds later it works again. When it gets really bad, I just unplug the box, wait 30 seconds, plug it back it and let it reboot...That usually works until the next time. I really don't want to replace the box because it is in a cabinet hooked up to a home theater sound system and it would take quite a bit of time and moving heavy cabinets to get it completely disconnected and pull it out..Like everyone else here I wish there were other cable companies I could get service from..Not to mention the cost keeps going up..

boobalaa boobalaa
Sep '14

have no problems with cablevision - when there have been occasional glitches, their phone help has been great.........needed to replace a remote- went to randolph and replaced it..........

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

I had written to Comcast twice outlining 2 different problems. The first time it took 6 months for reply. The second time 4 months. Each reply followed a complaint letter to the public utilities commission. After a nudge by PUC, Comcast was on the problem immediately via someone higher up the chain.

The last pricing brochure I received on June 30.2014 was 12- 4"X8" pages long.and their channel guide show 80% of programming is repeats. Why constant price increases for repeat programming?

DiaHillRes2 DiaHillRes2
Sep '14

I only have Comcast for internet because I have no other competitor to choose from. When I move in the next month in half, ADIOS COMCRAP!

MikeB MikeB
Sep '14

I always have issues with their On Demand. Either it's slow or it's down.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.