Re: Hackettstown Life Classified Section

In the last few days I have had very good success not only with a few purchases from the HL Classifieds but one ad in particular. My husband and I were so pleased with the professional manner and hard working attitude of a young man who helped us with the service he offered. The young man's name is Brenden Deiter. His ad stated that he will take any metal items that you just wanted to get rid of. He and his friend came to our home today and spent over a hour taking out a big screen TV from our basement and carrying from the attic a cast iron sink. Both of these items were so heavy that there would have been no way we could have done this ourselves. My husband liked the young man so much that he also gave him some other metal items that we felt sure he could sell to make himself a few dollars. He was very polite and mannerly and professional. I would highly recommend this young man to anyone who might need his services. His phone number is 908-343-5675.

joyful joyful
Sep '14

Craigs List - zero, HL - 7. Many thanks to the food people that have been interested in my items, as well as the good people that I have bought from. Very appreciative of the gentleman that bought some old style furniture from me an a regular poster buying a radio. Just as appreciative of the speakers and bed I bought from others. Very successful compared to the alternatives.

I hope you gave the guys a lot of copper Joyful. Metal goes for about 8 cents a lb. Did they take away your big screen TV for free ? Why ?

jerseycash5
Sep '14

Yes I took her tv away for free there is no way I would charger her to take it away

Brenden Brenden
Sep '14

jerseycash5: The big screen TV went because it was still in good working order complete with a manual. He felt if he could not sell it at one of his many outlets that he would figure out something else. He earned anything he makes on this as it took the two of them plus my husband one hour to get it out of our basement. He was the first one to take it even for free although I had advertised it previously for free many times. The other items we gave him..only one might be worth something as it was a cast iron sink which I could not even move it was so heavy. He goes to flea markets as well with some of the saleable items so not only would he probably take just metal but anything that might be good for resale at flea markets, etc. My husband just threw in a few more items as he really liked this hardworking young man. He and his helper were very mannerly and professional. When he came today to visit with us...he had just finished a full days work at another job he had. I just wanted to let other HLers know how impressed we were with him and the service he offered..

joyful joyful
Sep '14

jerseycash5 - "Why?"

Maybe he's a good guy.

Brendan...... Would you like to come by and remove my metal shed? It was damaged this past winter with the weight of the snow. You are welcome to take it. I'm having nothing but dead ends and scammers contacting me thru the classifieds here. I'm here in town.

Kelly Kelly
Sep '14

Thank you joyful and GC

Brenden Brenden
Sep '14

It just doesn't seem that profitable to haul away one of those big TV's for free that's why I asked. I wasn't questioning the guys character GC. You always manage to put a spin on everything. Good luck to Brenden. He has the entrepenureal spirit. Im sure I spelled that wrong so bring it on !

jerseycash5
Sep '14

I have a stainless steel grill you are welcome to. PM me! its big and the last guy wanted it and never showed up. perfect for scrap.

Christine Christine
Sep '14

JC5 +1000000000000

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

I contacted him today, came today and got some metal from me. Recommended.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Sep '14

Joyful. Thank you for all the kind words about my son. He is a very hard working, kind person.
I highly recommend him to anyone.

Sherry Sherry
Sep '14

You are welcome, Sherry...You have every right to be proud of your son.

joyful joyful
Sep '14

Please feel free to call me about any scrap that you don't want anymore I'll be more then happy to come and get it you can call or text me at 908-343-5675 thanks

Brenden Brenden
Sep '14

Thank you Joyful! I had the pleasure of meeting Brenden this evening. I agree he is a very nice young man. He will be doing some work for me this weekend:)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.