Middle School this morning

Does anyone know what happened at the middle school this morning? While driving by I saw an ambulance leaving and the principal carrying 2 backpacks to the building.

Jennifer88 Jennifer88
Sep '14

Can't anyone mind their own business?

If it concerned the other children at the school, I'm sure an announcement would have been sent to parents and the school would be locked down already.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Maybe Mr. Thompson eats a very big lunch.

Cheecky Cheecky
Sep '14

+1000 Calico.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

LOL Cheecky!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

It was a simple question and this is an open forum.If you minded your own business you would not have answered with such stupid sarcasm.

Is it real
Sep '14

http://www.wcpublicsafety.com/firstresponder/wc911/recframe.html

Website indicates that there was a fall (801 am) at the Middle School

Nancy Nancy
Sep '14

Isn't "stupid sarcasm" sarcasm itself? Also, why are you butting in if we are supposed to be minding our own business as you state? Curious.

Cheecky Cheecky
Sep '14

WOW! A fall of a juvenile party at the school and no lock down? What is this world coming to? There needs to be a full investigation as to why the fall occurred otherwise everyone might fall!

10 gets you 20 that the fall didn't even remotely require an ambulance. But who knows. When I was a kid and we fell and broke something, mom or dad or a friend's mom or dad threw us in the back of the station wagon (with no seat belt) and took us to the ER if it looked bad. If it didn't look too bad, we rubbed some dirt on it and carried on.

Whoa, I'm being so cynical lately. Sigh......

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Jennifer just asked a simple question. She never said anything about lock-down, etc. Why read into things?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Thanks Nancy!

Jennifer88 Jennifer88
Sep '14

A+ Is it real

Note it was only Calico who immediately brought up a "lock down" -- and then later mocked the idea to cover herself, while trivializing a child's injury.
Either she rolled out of bed on the wrong side, or is hitting those beer bottles early.
Then again, we know how she feels about children ....(guess she forgot she was one once ...... once?)

happiest girl
Sep '14

Happiest girl-we know.

Sep '14

Sigh.....nobody seems to get it.

Yes, I brought up lock down because that seems to be the next step to everything these days (see the dude at large in PA thread) and it was supposed to be a sarcastic joke. I wasn't covering for anything, nor do I need to. I will tell you exactly what I think on any subject. Nothing to hide here.

Trivializing? How I feel about children? I don't care for badly behaved children, but still don't wish them harm. As for well behaved children, they aren't a problem, just rare.

And sorry, no alcohol involved in any of my posts today. Don't mean to disappoint you.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

The ambulance passed us when I was dropping off my son and then my son texted me and said "someone is seriously injured on the blacktop". So, a 7th or 8th grader (most likely) got injured and needed an ambulance.

Njchia Njchia
Sep '14

"Sigh....... nobody seems to get it" --- Calico

Sigh .... yes we understand you perfectly well.
Next time you need an ambulance, let us know. We would be happy to come over and rub dirt on you.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Once again, the "open forum" proves that unless you are with the "in crowd" of this site, you will be beat up and bullied! If you don't know what happened, why comment at all?! Sorry Jennifer88 that you have been the latest to be attacked for asking a simple question.

Townie70 Townie70
Sep '14

don't be mean guys - we have a small group - lets try to be civil.

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

"Next time you need an ambulance, let us know. We would be happy to come over and rub dirt on you."

LMAO... sorry, Calico, but that was a good one (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

Haha...that is funny. Sorry.

Sep '14

LOL, about the dirt thing.

If I ever need to call an ambulance, it will be for something dirt can't fix, trust me. Then again, I might need the dirt if it's for my grave. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Jennifer88 - that was a perfectly legit question for this forum and exactly what many people use the forum for. Ignore the negativity :)

lollipopz
Sep '14

You're too funny Calico.

Sep '14

I believe a child had a head injury from an incident on the black top .... is that enough reason to call an ambulance in your opinion, Calico?! Incredible the venom some people spew for no apparent reason other than because they can. Why don't you just stick to what you know best ... go start "yet another" beer thread or get a hobby or request a bigger workload instead of sitting at the office where you're getting PAID to post on a public forum.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Sep '14

Yes, head injury = ambulance.

happy - why don't you MYOB regarding my personal life and leave it out of your posts. Trust me, you do no want to go there with me. Because I have shown a lot of restraint in not posting something here every time you attack me about commenting on the "kid" thing. What I could post would embarrass you to no end Miss High and Mighty Mom.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

You don't know me, Calico, so it's highly unlikely that you have anything truthful to offer regarding me. So, no, your lies would not embarrass me nor do your "threats" ~ be careful with that.

On the other hand, your business is something that YOU have exposed to us all on this forum, hence the comments.

Maybe you should take a moment to think about a child that was injured this morning and the parents/family that may be having to deal with something very painful, before you blurt out the things you felt "entitled" to do here today.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Sep '14

Oh, I do hope that the child is ok and makes a full recovery.

I'll be glad to PM you if you'd like. Let me know if you want me to.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Anytime, not a problem.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Sep '14

omg - when I taught prek kids, they were better behaved

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Lol, seems staged to me.

Hope the kid is OK. 2 backpacks in his hands would lead me to think maybe a fight between 2 kids. JMO.

Sep '14

time out, neutral corners please,

quoted from above: "hitting those beer bottles early"

look anyone who hits defenseless beer bottles gets an automatic 2 game suspension, league rules, sorry, was a belt or switch used? becuase then it becomes abuse.

and dirt fixes everything, it's common knowledge. just ask any guy, you can google it. i've patched driveways and dry wall with it, no worries,

seriously, hope and pray that the injured young person is ok, don't really need any details or anything, but getting a green light 'all clear' report might be nice, but even that is a matter of privacy, yes?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

I would never want to be part of the forum "in crowd". Seriously .......

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

I'll bet some of the goody goody moms attacking Calico are the same ones I see driving and texting with their precious children in the car.Just because someone has kids and another doesn't does not make you the expert on anything. Common sense does not always go hand in hand with parenthood. As for beer I like a few myself and sometimes I have a headache in the morn. Get over it !

jerseycash5
Sep '14

Calico never questioned why an ambulance was called. She only said: "Can't anyone mind their own business?" IMO she was questioning why every time there is a police car, fire truck, ambulance or any rescue vehicle out on a call, why do we have to know what happened. Before the Internet, we had to wait for the news or the newspaper.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Sep '14

i think you missed a few posts Clyde:

"WOW! A fall of a juvenile party at the school and no lock down? What is this world coming to? There needs to be a full investigation as to why the fall occurred otherwise everyone might fall!

10 gets you 20 that the fall didn't even remotely require an ambulance.

-Calico 4hrs ago

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Was speaking on her OP ONLY. No comment on the others

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Sep '14

"was speaking on her OP only. No comment on the others" -- Clyde Potts

That's a wierd thing to say. Why ignore her other comments?
Her statements really reveal alot about her character.

happiest girl
Sep '14

I yam what I yam. Love me or hate me. Your choice and your right. At least I'm not a phony.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Do we know if the kid lived?

MikeL MikeL
Sep '14

Well this was certainly entertaining lol! One of the reasons I love HL:)

MikeL~ are you serious?

I am just going to sit back and watch the fun now kids play nice

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '14

to townie70, you are so right about the group it's like there own little click if you don't agree with them you AH

And people wonder why kids these days are so messed up? This town is messed up. Be kind !

hockeymom115 hockeymom115
Sep '14

Click there is no click here just a bunch of people that agree or not and we speak our minds not every on will be ok with what I say but at least I said it

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '14

"I yam what I yam" ---- Calico

You might think you are are a yam, but you're certainly not a sweet potato.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Good one happiest! Love it! You are quite witty. I mean that in a good way! Keep smiling!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

jerseycash,
Common sense? Do you think you have it?
What makes you think you know who is commenting here?
I personally am only a "mom" to 4-legged furry animals.

You are very disrespectful to refer to what you call "goody-goody moms".
I like the saying .....
"anyone who postulates needs to absquatulate"

Sorry you have headaches in the morning ---- maybe you should get better quality beer.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Looks like HL has a new troll and she must have the hots for calico. The name doesn't seem to fit though. I guess putting other people down while hiding behind a screen name makes her "happiest"

John C John C
Sep '14

You sound quite loopy, JC. Did you get your hands on some absinthe?

happiest girl
Sep '14

Wow sorry I opened this one. Should have a different title.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '14

Im not surprised you only have 4 legged friends Misery Girl !

jerseycash5
Sep '14

I am glad someone is actually watching out what is going on at the schools. Just received a call from that WHRHS was on a precautionary lock today. It helps for people like Jennifer 88 to question something like this. We often don't question until it is too late.

Penny Lover Penny Lover
Sep '14

The "lock down" at Warren HIlls today was only a drill.

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2014/09/shelter-in-place_at_warren_hil.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

jerseycash5, you sound like a very angry person. Sorry you're not as happy as I am.
Many people choose not to have children -- thank goodness we don't live in a time when women are expected to adhere to a role others force on them.
My husband and I are very happy with our lives --- and I wish the same for you.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Thanks so much happy girl.. You're still a misery.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

There are way too many people in this world who have to know what's going on when, in many situations, it's really none of their business. I don't understand why some folks can't respect the privacy of an individual who is sick or injured. Police, EMS, and hospital personnel are specifically prohibited by federal law (HIPAA) from commenting on the condition of a patient, and for good reason.

Everyone who is clamoring to find out about this injured child needs to ask themselves how they would feel if their private medical information or that of a family member in crisis was broadcast on a public forum without their consent.

I worked over 25 years in EMS in NJ - five as both a volunteer and paid EMT, and then twenty as a paramedic - and constantly was confronted by neighbors and bystanders with the question "What happened?" I'd try to politely explain to them that I couldn't comment, but in many cases had to bluntly tell them "It's none of your business."

So I guess what I'm saying is that I can understand Calico's initial comment, and agree with it completely. As far as the nastiness and venom that seems to be so common lately on this board, THAT'S a disgrace.

JerryG JerryG
Sep '14

I agree 100% jerry and I agreed with calico's original post. Everything after that was complete pathetic.

Darwin Darwin
Sep '14

I understand a student was seriously injured.

concernedparent concernedparent
Sep '14

Sorry to hear that.
My thoughts are with the child.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Wow jerseycash5,
You have totally succeeded in debasing yourself.

happiest girl
Sep '14

According to my son a boy ran into a garbage can and knocked the wind out of himself. He was in pain and they were concerned about possible broken ribs. My son said he was back the next day and seemed fine. My son does not personally know the child so he is going only on observation.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '14

So much drama over nothing

metsman metsman
Sep '14

Yup.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

62 Posts for a bunch of nonsense. Aren't there more important things going on in the world Did anyone stub their toe today or trip over the family puppy ? And that's the 63rd post !

jerseycash5
Sep '14

fyi the student was laying face down on the pavement for at least 5 minutes. I'm sure at the time they were not sure of the extent of his injuries. He certainly looked to be incapacitated.

...[insert your favorite pearl of wisdom about judging others here]...

justintime justintime
Sep '14

It seems that the "in" people (using the term "people" very loosely here) can post as much "useless" whatever you want to call it and it's A OK by the rest; but God forbid anyone should call them out and/or opine against the "trend" ... WOW, that's when the sh*t really starts to fly.

sigh ..... smh and walk away

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.