Local trash company (paying late/service suspended)

I need some input... have been dealing with same trash co. for years. I pay 60.00/mo. I fall behind, sometimes very far and they usually work with me. They suspend my service after about 3 to 4 months late, when I finally get the money they start service up again, sometimes its weeks even months without a pick up, but they never credit me for the months they didn't come, which I never complained about, until now. I was about 4 months late and suspended for months, I paid 245. aug 1 to get me up to date. Money is extremely hard to come by or I would pay monthly, I think that part is obvious. anyway. I was suspended again on August 28 which I don't understand because I wasn't even late yet. what my question is can they suspended service before a month even goes by?and can they charge me like they have been coming weekly, even though sometimes months go by without a pick up.? any in put would help. thanks I am just so confused as to why they worked with me for so long, and now they don't even return phone calls,

Maisysmom Maisysmom
Sep '14

I would call and talk to them about it ,so they know you want service and no you shouldn't have to pay for times you didn't have a pick up

cowgirl1 cowgirl1
Sep '14

$60.00 seems very high what town do you live in?

ignatz ignatz
Sep '14

60 a month?? Sanico is around 70 quarterly.

Njchia Njchia
Sep '14

Imagine if everyone fell months behind. How can you expect a company to run a business and pay it's workers, if they have severe cash flow issues. A credit line is not the answer either, as that costs, and will be passed along to customers. I think the company is right in suspending service.

ProSmallBusiness ProSmallBusiness
Sep '14

If you go months without service, where do you store your garbage? Change companies. If you are a senior you can get smaller container for a cheaper price. Are you talking about dumpster service or residential?

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

Sometimes its in a company's best interest to drop a customer rather than to keep working with them. Now Im not being mean or angry that's just reality.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

I'm confused by your whole post.... Why wouldn't they come for weeks/months for a pick up IF you were up to date on payment? If that is true, why wouldn't you call sooner if you realized they were not picking up your garbage?

What exactly would they be giving YOU credit for? You said that you were catching up with payments that were previously owed to them right? It sounds like the $245 you paid was good up until Aug.1st. and you now currently owe for the remainder of August?

Maybe I am just reading it wrong....

Really $60.00 a MONTH ? Residential - one container.....most are 58. to 75. a quarter... IF you are paying that per month...Change companies.

Jo Anne Jo Anne
Sep '14

$60 per month sounds like Waste Management. They are notorious for being overpriced.

I would give Global Waste a call. I pay them half of what I used to pay WM.

Regarding the suspended service, you can't really expect them to constantly work with you. I know money is tight for a lot of folks and sympathize with you. I've been there at times in my life.

Global Waste is a local family owned business from my understanding. They may have some more leniency and willingness to work with you.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

Global Waste is great ---- I got a better price from them than my former Waste Management service. And they are SUPER nice.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Everyone is talking trash on this thread!

MickyD
Sep '14

Which local trash company is used for Diamong hill. And how much do you pay monthly or quadterly or yeatly. Do you buy your own trash can or they supply it. Im new in Diamong Hill. Thanks

Sunny:)
Sep '14

I meant Diamond Hill in Mansfield ;)

Sep '14

The Warren County dump is either $3 or $5 bucks a bag on the weekend.

What is the cost quarterly for Global Waste including all taxes and charges? I will call them on Monday but I was wondering how they compare.

Tweety Tweety
Sep '14

Maisysmom - is that for commercial or farm, because $60/month is very high I pay about $25 per month with Sanico.

Sunny waste management, Sanico, and global all service diamond hill. We use waste management, they matched the lowest price of the 3 companies when we asked.

I still want to know, where have you been hoarding, sorry I mean storing your garbage for months at a time. I hate it when OP start something and never finish. We are such suckers to fall for this crap. Gotta love it, too funny.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

60 dollars a month?

As "Dennis The Menace" would say to Mr. Wilson.........

"Geepers Mr. Wilson,....... for that price, you could mail your garbage to the dump; instead of paying them to pick it up!" ...... Right Mr. Wilson??
I'll only charge you $10.00 if you let ME take the garbage to the dump in my wagon Mr. Wilson!

embryodad embryodad
Sep '14

it is 60.00/mo for a dumpster. weekly pick up. They suspended pick up because my account was behind. but charged me for the weeks/months that they never came.. Emaxxman. I fully understand suspending service if I cant pay, but they are charging me like I am being picked up weekly, if I cant pay to get service, how am I supposed to just hand over money without having garbage pick up.

Maisysmom Maisysmom
Sep '14

JRT- They have not come to my house to get the trash, but still want me to pay for the weeks/months that they have not picked up. that is my question, am I still responsible to pay for those times that they never came.

Maisysmom Maisysmom
Sep '14

The dump is $2.00 each bag of household trash, everyday. I go every 2 weeks. So much cheaper and less hassle then garbage companies. Check it out.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

botheredbyuu2, what about your recyclables?

happiest girl
Sep '14

Have you checked your contract Maisysmom? As part of dumpster service, they charge monthy whether you put out garbage or not. It's a service, just like tv/internet/phone. You're paying whether you use it or not. You're not paying by the dumpster load, correct? So, even though they suspended it, you owe. I suspect this is the case.

They have a business to run, and if everyone stopped/started, didn't pay from time to time/ got suspended, etc., it would make the price greater for everyone. If you're paying a flat $60 rate, there's a reason that rate isn't even more.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Sep '14

I can see them charging her something for the dumpster rental, but not full price as if they were providing the actual service. If the cable company shuts you off for non-payment, they don't keep charging you full price every month after that, but they might still keep adding up rental charges on converters and remote controls, since you still have them.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

BBU that's great info. I very recently lost my job (blah) and we are looking for some immediate and easy ways to cut costs. Could you please tell me what size bags are $2.00, is it a certain gallon size like a standard 13? Also, where is the dump? This sounds like it may be a reasonable adjustment to make in our routine, and I would really welcome your input. Thanks!! :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Sep '14

I'll assume since the dumpster was still on your property for those months they expected payment as usual. If they were not picking up your trash you should have called immediately to let them know. It may have been something as simple as miscommunication between the business and the driver. Especially since it sounds like you have had interrupted service depending on your ability to pay.

Just doesn't make sense to me.... You were obviously placing your trash in the dumpster to be picked up therefore there would have been a fee. So it didn't bother you for months that they weren't picking up?

Any size bag. Buy huge bags and fill it with the smaller bags.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Sep '14

Thanks!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Sep '14

BBU? Where is the dump located?!

Sep '14

Dumpster rental but they must figure that during the time you don't get service that the garbage is being accumulated and will end up back in the dumpster over time. Also, this is an incentive NOT to skip pickups -- otherwise everyone would be calling to put the pickup on hold but just charge for the dumpster "rental". It is what it is, end of story...

Warren County Recycling Center, Rt 31, White Township.
Rt 31 North, thru center of Oxford. A little ways past Pequest Rd (on right)
Driveway to center is on left. Follow signs. Going up driveway, bear left, then turn right, in front of quarry. Follow down to center.

They take recyclables. Cans, jars, plastic, etc do NOT have to be separated. Just not with household garbage. NO charge for recyclables. Newspapers also, separate
ANY size garbage bags. We use 30 gallon size. Fill it up! Less bags, less cost.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Thank you!! :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.