Lost Beagle, Ridge Road; Harley - REUNITED

There is a lost 9 year old female beagle named Harley. She has only been living on Ridge Road for a couple of months, so is not familiar with the area. She is a 13 inch beagle. She got out of the yard this evening.

If she is seen please call her owner - do not have their name, just helping them put her on the forum.

I will call her with Tim Norton's information and Kim Bennett. I think it is in a previous post.

502-296-4664

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Sep '14

Owners name is Jessica - Harley is also posted in the Classifieds. Phone number is 502-296-4664

Sep '14

Harley was in the neighborhood of Cornerstone Drive about 4pm on Friday, 9/19. If you live in this neighborhood, please keep an eye out for her. She has a collar with no tag.

David B David B
Sep '14

I saw a few cars stopped on 517(graveled lot ) before the office building around 3:30pm It looked like a girl from one of the vehicles was holding onto a beagle like it was lose. The dog was laying down as she held onto it. My impression at the time was that it was a loose dog and good samaritans stopped. Not sure what was going on but its close to Ridge Rd. Hope you find her.

karen
Sep '14

I saw that too Karen. Def was a beagle.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Sep '14

I called the owner this a.m. to let her know that a beagle had been seen and picked up yesterday according to the Forum. Advised her to call WRNJ, also gave her Tim Norton's number yesterday. Not heard anything since, but will definitely update if the dog is found.

They are new to this area, so may not know all of the places to call. Hopefully the peson who picked up this dog will post on the Forum.

Sep '14

I was wonderering if the dog got hurt and someone took it somewhere. Might want to check the vets. The girl definitely had a hold of her and she didn't seem to be resisting. Sorry I didn't stop now. Might have at least found out what was going on.

karen
Sep '14

I spoke to some people in the neighborhood of Cornerstone Dr. this morning (Sat) who said a girl picked up a beagle without a tag off the shoulder of 517 near the gravel lot yesterday. They weren't sure which direction the girl was heading on 517. I stopped by Happy Tails on Rt. 46 this morning, but they have not received Harley. I spoke to Tim Norton who is busy with a family death this morning; he said that someone contacted him about a beagle, but he didn't seem sure who it was.

David B David B
Sep '14

Sorry to hear about the death in Tim Norton's family, but wouldn't he have caller ID, so that would be one way to contact the person who called him - if it was the person who picked Harley up from 517. Just a thought..

There is Hackettstown Animal Hospital and East Plane Animal Hospital in town.

Sep '14

If there is a photo of Harley, could it be posted on NJ Lost and Found Facebook page? David B. you seem to know the family - could you get a photo maybe?

Sep '14

Any updates on Harley?

Sep '14

I just posted this on my facebook page. Hope it helps get the word out there!

Re: Lost Beagle, Ridge Road; Harley - REUNITED

Thank you all so much for your help in finding Harley. I have tried every suggestion so far with no luck. I just cannot thank you enough. I finally located a piture of her...we just moved here and I had not unpacked the office yet.

Jessica Rucker Jessica Rucker
Sep '14

Thats the dog I saw the girl holding onto. There were 3 cars stopped in that lot. Can't imagine anyone just taking her without trying to locate her owner. Maybe try Tranquility Vet. No sure of the number. Hope Harley gets home with you soon.

karen
Sep '14

Hopefully the person who picked her up lives locally - I wonder whether the person was going into Hackettstown or towards I 80. Maybe if a sign could be put by the side of the road where Harley was found - large enough for traffic to see, perhaps that person travels 517 on a regular basis.

Yes, maybe on Monday try calling all of the local vets in the area. Lots of people on H'life will help as much as they can.

Sep '14

Just a thought, but Joe Kucharski, owner/operator of the salvage yard at the top of Ryan Rd., used to be Animal Control for all of Hackettstown and Independence. For a hundred years. We at Pet Adoption League found homes for many an unclaimed dog and cat housed at his facility. His place is VERY NEAR to where Harley was picked up. Just possibly, the person who picked Harley up dropped her off at Joe's place. Certainly
worth a visit being that it's just down the road from where you live. Just go west on Ridge til it ends at Peterson, make a right. Go straight onto Ryan when Peterson veers sharply off to the left. Shortly thereafter, Ryan also veers sharply off to the left. Continue on Ryan--steep climb, sharp bend. Kucharski's up ahead on the right. Joe Sr., if he's still there, must be in his eighties now. I'd advise going up in person and checking out the dogs he has yourself. But call first, (908) 852-3175, wife's name is Joyce. Best of luck!,

Chris S. Chris S.
Sep '14

Track R bravo. Someone just sent this to me on facebook. $29 The animal wears the tag and somehow you can track the animal from your keychain. I dont know how big the tag is though. Check it out.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Sep '14

I called the local vet clinics on Sat. but they are all closed for the weekend. I didn't call Tranquility vet clinic yet. Newton animal hospital is open 24/7 and they now have info on Harley, including your number Jessica. I also called a few dog groomers in Hackettstown who are on the lookout.
Maybe someone has contacted animal control officer Tim Norton by now. Here is Tim's cell number: (908) 339-1109

David B David B
Sep '14

I don't know if it is possible but about 1 hour ago, someone was driving around the Stephensburg Rd Long Valley area, driving a black suv asking if anyone lost a beagle. My husbabd knew nothing of this dog being posted so he said he didn't. It seems quite a distance. Hoping this dog is found soon.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '14

Maybe, then post a flyer/pic at the schooleys mtn general store.

Sep '14

I wanted to again thank everyone for all your assistance and also give you a brief update. I just received a call and they told me that their friend had picked up a beagle on Friday and took her to Tranquility Vet. She said that she was not injured that they were just not sure what else to do with her. I did leave them a message yesterday and I will be following up first thing tomorrow morning. I will keep you all posted...I am just really, really hoping this is Harley! I do not know if I will be able to sleep tonight in anticipation...

Sep '14

Very good news. Thanks so much for the update and let us know tomorrow. Tranquility is a wonderful vet clinic. They have been taking good care of her. I know it.

Sep '14

Great news!! Hopefully this is your Harley!! Please update as soon as you know

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

I really hope it's Harley. Please update us tomorrow!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

If it is her, hoping Harley will be back home for lunch!!!! If only dogs could talk.... what an adventure for her!!!!!!

karen
Sep '14

wow ---sounds like great news - my vet office too....love them so I know that dog has gotten great care..........looking for your am post

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Oh this just MUST be Harley! Please let it be. Keep us in the loop, Jessica? You've got many, many animal lovers on here and we're all crossing our paws and hoping it's her and we'll be waiting for the news.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Great news Jessica! Hope it's Harley. You can get Harley a microchip from Tranquility which includes a collar tag, and registers the dog in a database which includes up to 3 contact phone numbers and emails. Dr. Michelle Hewitt is our vet at Tranquility- very good vet clinic. Looking forward to tomorrow!

David B David B
Sep '14

Was this dog at Tranquility Harley?

Sep '14

Any update?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Hi All, Harley is home!!! I want to say thank you to all we have put their time and energy into this homecoming. I want to say a big thank you to Nature Lover and her husband for making this happen! Also another big thanks to whomever put the sign out on 517. I hope this never happens to anyone else, but I do hope that I can be of as much help if you all ever need it in the future.

Sep '14

Great to hear!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Glad to hear Harley is back with his family!

Good work, Nature Lover!!!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

That is fantastic news!!! So happy for you guys!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

Yay vous! So very happy for you and yours. You had ALOT of people rooting for Harley's safe return and now maybe Tranquility has a new client! They are very kind and caring vets. Have used both Dr. Hewitt many times and the male vet (Embarassed-cant think of his name. Blame it on a senior moment). He is, however very nice.

Sep '14

Wonderful news!! So happy your family and Harley!!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Sep '14

Yay!!!! So glad to hear it!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

So happy to hear of Harley's safe return! Like others here, I can attest to the wonderful vets & staff at Tranquility Vet Clinic (Dr. Christiansen is the male vet, jtfm...).
Welcome to the area, Jessica & let us all know how Harley enjoys her new home over time.

Great news and now hoping that whoever was looking for the owner of the beagle that I last posted about is also reunited with their family.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '14

So happy Harley is home and glad that we could be of help. Am sure she is enjoying her bed and some treats maybe!

Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.