RIP Paul Rochelle

Local Hackettstown dirt track racer Paul Rochelle passed away this past weekend. Sandy, as he was known was a champion modified, sprint car and midget driver. His exploits at Flemington, Nazareth, Orange County and countless other northeast dirt tracks are well known. My condolences to his family.

Short Timer Short Timer
Sep '14

Thanx for letting Us know. Wil say a prayer for him. His memorable moves will help others at this time.

fitter fitter
Sep '14

Short- I new him and his wife years ago. Where can I look up his ob. I would like to contact his family. Thanks.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

He used to live on Carol Drive thats where he worked on his race cars in the 60's and 70's!

big sports fan big sports fan
Sep '14

I know Sandy's youngest son owns a construction company here in Hackettstown. I believe they moved to Florida

Just Asking Just Asking
Sep '14

Sandy moved to Florida years ago but still came back in the summers to work for his brother Pete. He will be cremated in Florida.

ignatz ignatz
Sep '14

I believe they may be planning a memorial service here as well. If I find out any other information I will post it here.

There is blurb and picture of him on the "Flemington Speedway Historical Society" Facebook page.

RIP

One of the best drivers to race at Orange county speedway. he will be missed

Dennis Dennis
Sep '14

So sorry to hear about your dad(Sandy) I knew him for a long time...was great man....A strong racer!! Knew him from harmony speedway....

BETTY(LEHMAN)POWERS BETTY(LEHMAN)POWERS
Sep '14

Memorial service at Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Chester. 11 am Thursday October 9

HE WILL BE MESS

DONALD   J   VANDERH DONALD J VANDERH
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.