Abandoned? Himalayan Type Cat Stephens State Park

Anybody know who to call to check on a cat that looks abandoned and hurt or sick?

We took a walk with Grandkids down there around 2pm and poor little kitty came waddling out into parking lot looking for attention. Very pretty Cat but looked either hurt or sick and I couldn't take chance of touching because of kids.

I called Garden State Vet hospital and they gave me a number for Warren County
ASPCA but the number didn't work. Anyone know who to call?

Hate to leave the poor thing down there especially if it was abandoned.

sha44ss sha44ss
Sep '14

If the cat is in Hackettstown (west of the river)- Kim Bennett - 908-625-0106 (CELL)
If it is on the west side of the river - Mt. Olive Township Animal Control - (973) 691-0900 Ext 7334 - I think the officer is Mr. Nelson...

Did you get a picture? Maybe Kim Bennett Hackettstown Animal Control Officer can help. Is it friendly? What color was it? I know there are alot of missing cats in the area.

lily pad lily pad
Sep '14

oops - second line should read EAST side of the river...

Always call the local animal control. And if you don't know who that is or the number always call the local police department and they will give you the number of the town animal control
Does anybody have Kim's number? Please email to the sha44ss

villani villani
Sep '14

My boyfriend just picked the cat up. Keeping him at our place for the night. Calling 11th hour tomorrow.

Good News. I went back down to see if it was still there because it was getting dark and I didn't want to leave it there. Cat has been rescued by a nice young man that answered 'the call'.

It is a beautiful cat. Very skinny and lots of matted hair balls on 'her'(I think) but she was very friendly and went calmly right into his car! It has to be someone's lost pet.

I can see 'Hackettstown Has a Heart' for animals.

Thanks everyone for posting & CARING! Hopefully its Home will be found or a Rescue Home if she isnt claimed.

Thanks mao. Keep us informed. Maybe post a pic!

sha44ss sha44ss
Sep '14

Yay mao - and sha44ss for caring and acting

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

So nice of you to help this poor kitty.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I went there about 6:30pm but I guess I missed the Kitty! Glad to hear that someone rescued the Kitty. I can sleep better tonight.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Sep '14

We went around that time before dark but no cat. Thanks to the kind people who took her in.

A good day
Sep '14

You are awesome Walking Girl for going out to check ..thanks for caring too!

It makes me feel so good to know there are so many people that we can reach out to right here on the Forum for help!!

sha44ss sha44ss
Sep '14

Great job all around!

zombiechick zombiechick
Sep '14

That is awesome. This could be someone's beloved cat that got lost. You should take a pic and post on here. There are a lot of ppl missing cats around here. Also the vet will check to see if it's micro-chipped. If no one comes forward and this cat was dumped, I hope it finds a good home.

villani villani
Sep '14

I wonder if the himalayan listed here is the same one: http://www.lostmykitty.com/missing-pets.cfm?petkindid=2&alerttypeid=1&zipcode=07840&radius=50

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Not the same cat from that site. She has a lot of mats and a hard time using her back legs. She smells like someone's home but the extent of her matting is really bad so can't be sure. She also appears to be deaf

sorry - thought I searched Hackettstown area - hmmm --- so glad someone has this kitty - she sounds lilke she needs so much

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Re: Abandoned? Himalayan Type Cat Stephens State Park

here is a pic.. let me know if anyone recognizes her as we will be checking back here periodically.

boyfriend-mao
Sep '14

here is a second picture

boyfriend-mao
Sep '14

Thank you, mao. You and your boyfriend did one good thing which probably seemed small to you, but to that life you took in and gave shelter and hope to, it's EVERYTHING.

We really do have wonderful people in this community.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Tank you for caring about this poor cat. Hopefully it is lost and not dumped. Please keep us up-dated.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '14

You are wonderful people!

It looks like a Ragdoll to me.

Groomer Groomer
Oct '14

Rebecka, so well said!!! She looks so content,thank you so much mao and mao-boyfriend for rescuing this sweet precious kitty. Good karma coming your way!!

Molly
Oct '14

You are right Groomer. I posted her as a himalayan but she is definitely is either a ragdoll or even a calico. I feel so bad for her...poor baby....look at those hollow eyes. She has definitely gone through a long seige. She was just wabbling around in kind of confused state both in the afternoon and again at night when mao's boyfriend took her.

In the afternoon two girls were trying to find out if someone owned her and I had the grandkids with me and couldn't do anything.... I wish I could have taken her. I cant stop thinking of her. She definitley needs medical attention asap and I'm sure mao is seeing to that today since she is contacting 11th hour!

The thing that is haunting me is that someone could 'abandon' her ....people need to realize it is better to give a kitty up for adoption than to just dump them somewhere.\ to starve. Some cats can take care of themselves outside but housecats like her are so docile don't have the instincts to hunt etc ...It is inhumane.

Mao...I gave my number to cj.( I cant find the number he gave me > hopefully it is in my car) Can you call me? I want to donate some money to have a vet look at her!! Or let me/us know what shelter so we can get updates on her~!!

You know I could swear I saw a posting on a pole for a lost cat in Town here somewhere that had those face markings.

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

I'd be glad to contribute to a vet visit for it..........

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

1-877-WARNDEP

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Oct '14

If you need help cleaning her or him up, let me know.

Groomer Groomer
Oct '14

Try Pet Adoption League in Hackettstown

gypsy
Oct '14

maybe you can post a found picture as a separate listing as well?

gypsy
Oct '14

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE OFFERINGS OF HELP! This little girl will be so thankful also.

We are young adults on a budget and would appreciate the help in getting this beautiful creature some 1on1 with a doc.

boyfriend-mao boyfriend-mao
Oct '14

Curious as to what the update is? Did you speak to 11th hour or call a vet. IMO I think the vet should go to the vet asap as you stated it's hind legs have an issue. Perhaps hit by a car. I'm not sure how it works but if you call a vet and tell them you found this call in need of immediate medical attention, I don't think they would be charging you. Anyway, just curious to see if you made any phone calls and what 11th had to say. They are very good with helping out.

villani villani
Oct '14

That's what bothered me the most is that someone just left the kitty there. A feral cat would have been too skittish to come up to people. This kitty apparently has had humans in its life. I could never do that. I also could not have not looked last night knowing it was out there. A feral cat would have been fine. It knows how to survive but a domestic cat not so much.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Oct '14

Yes, this kitty needs to get to a vet ASAP. It took 11th hour about 36 hours to get back to me when I called them about a homeless dog last week.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Garden State Vet (Rt. 46) has been kind enough to accept an appointment, free of charge, to take a look over the cat and provide a general consensus on it's health and well being!

Huge thanks to them!

boyfriend-mao boyfriend-mao
Oct '14

I am not home right now mao. got your message....I will be calling you to get you a donation for the kitty. Also...groomer offered some help! Might want to take her up on that for a bath and those matted hair spots!

I have a niece that works for different shelters and fosters cats & dogs until she finds them homes. (Has been very successful) but she has been out of town (Italy) She even rescued a dog from Puerto Rico once!! I will see who she recommends as soon as I talk to her!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

That's awesome! Lets us know how he/she does.

villani villani
Oct '14

Way to go groomer and Garden State Vet! This thread is one of those that warms the heart.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

all heart warming news - the best will be a good report on the kitty's health

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Anxious to hear how the kitty does at the vet - he/she is a beauty.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '14

Any updates?

Oct '14

also waiting here for an update...........and maybe a picture....

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Yes, update please. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

She is going to Vet today mao & boyfriend taking her...and I heard groomer took care of her yesterday and she is walking better. Thanks for all the caring help..

I asked if they would contact me after and they said they will. I'm sure they will post more of an update later and hopefully a New Pic.

Later.

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

We have been calling her Slo-mo because she is very slow moving. She is eating more and having normal bowel movements. The vet said its hard to tell her age but she is probably an "old timer". She is declawed which is terrible because she was found outside and which tells us she was definitely someone's pet at one point. We are just trying to nurse her back to health before we make any decisions about a forever home for this special lady.

The vet said he didn't see anything immediately wrong with her but we are getting blood and stool tests processed this week to have a better idea of her internal condition.

Mao, thank you for this update and for all you're doing for Slo-mo.

I often walk at Stephen's State Park and can just picture this poor little kitty in distress. It's a credit to our community that someone posted for help and others took action.

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '14

glad Slo -mo saw the vet - hope reports come back with good news - I assume she had been starving and dehydrated so hopefully she will perk up --

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I want to take this time to thank Patty of the Pooch Spa!

http://www.thepoochspa.com/

Patty donated her time and services to get "Slow-mo" de-matted and cleaned up! She came to my place after-hours to get this done so it was a tremendous convenience to us.

Slowmo was so happy to walk around mat-free and she has even begun grooming herself again.

Patty allowed me to watch for a bit and I must say: she is absolutely great at what she does! She was gentle and caring with Slowmo. I will definitely be using her in the future for any of our grooming needs. :)

Glad to hear the good news about Slo-mo. Can we get some more pictures soon please? :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Eleventh Hour said they will be updating their Facebook page with more info on her.

There seems to be a lot of interest (based off the comments) but no one from EHR seems to be responding to their inquiries.

If anyone has Facebook(I do not), please post there and direct them to this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/EleventhHourRescue
It was posted on October 3rd. It is a couple scrolls down on the right.

Thanks so much

Thank you so much for rescuing this cutie, who is not a Himalayan mix but is a Snowshoe Siamese mix.

Someone
Oct '14

Patty IS wonderful !!!! Glad Slo-mo is on the mend....

Thanks 'someone' for the Breed clarification! I know I posted it as a Himalayan type because I had a himalayan/ siamese mix a long time ago that she reminded me of. it was the first thing that popped into my head....sorry .(not a cat breed expert..just a cat lover)(all animal lover actually!) But yes I hear she is doing great!

I wished I could have taken her but too busy with my grandkids right now!

Thank God for ALL of you on here for all your caring...Really!!....with all the horrific news lately & doom & gloom prophesies>> this Country..the USA is still the best place in the World to live!

I'm sure if 'armageddon' ever does break out >> The American people will be here for each other no matter what~!!

God Bless!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

from 11th hour - if I didn't have 5 already...............
UPDATE: this cat is a senior, declawed female who has limited if any hearing. She is not in bad health though per the vet. She really needs a home. Anyone?

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Aw, there's always room for one more, 5cat. It would be so easy to change your name to 6catmom, no? ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

uh no way - there are enough complications now - and 5catmom is now on my birth certificate..............lol

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Sorry for delaying an update with pics. I will try and snap some ASAP.

She looks 1000000000x better with her clean fur. I can probably even get some off her walking around, mingling with her new buddies!!

Has this kitty been adopted yet?

4paws 4paws
Oct '14

No, not yet.

I sent more photos to EHR so they can update their site.
I am also sending photos to PAL.

I will be attaching some pictures here as well!

here is one with her hanging with one of our little guys.

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Oct '14

Her fur, without all of the mats, looks amazing.

Thanks to Patty @ Pooch Spa for that.

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Oct '14

She loves walking around now. When we got her she could barely stand/move.

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Oct '14

Sorry for the low quality pics.

lighting + phone :(

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Oct '14

Ceewiz, thanks for the pictures - she sure is a pretty kitty.

And thanks for all you have done with her - she deserves a break, I know she'll find a good home soon (fingers crossed).

Wendy

Ceewiz, what a wonderful thing you have done.

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '14

We still have Slowmo and are still looking for potential adopters.

We had a couple bites but nothing stuck. Please spread the word if anyone you know is looking to adopt a beautiful and healthy Siamese!

The vet confirmed she is FIV/FeLV negative! She is gaining weight and in great health per the vet.

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Oct '14

Ceewiz - is Slowmo on Petfinder?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Contact Eleventh Hour Rescue. Maybe they would post her on their website for you?

Hastings Hastings
Oct '14

Rebecka,I saw her on the PAL website.

Molly
Oct '14

Slo-Mo is on the Pet Adoption League website and therefore also listed on Petfinder. If people can share her on their Facebook page, that might help her also.

Oct '14

Yes! She is on petfinder through PAL!

Spread the word to anyone looking to adopt a loving Siamese, please!!

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Nov '14

UPDATE:
!! Still looking for home for this beautiful ""older kitty""

IMPORTANT** please share this>>>
if anyone knows of someone looking for a older needy feline companion this kitty needs a home! i found her starving and stumbling down at stephens state park in september and found her a 'foster parent'! > he loves her but has four of his own!! i love her and have three of my own plus two dogs!!>>she has seen a vet and has a clean bill of health! she is exceptionaly kitty box trained and except for being ""older cat"" per vet>> she is beautiful and quiet and quite affectionate! i cant believe someone would abandon such a beautiful house cat like her and leave her to fend for herself in stephens state park! she would really make a older person ( like me) a nice companion...
PLEASE HELP FIND HER A FOREVER HOME

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '14

Is it possible she escaped from a tenant at The House of Good Shepherd? She looks so much like my Miss Kitty. Hope you find her a good home. If she has the personality of my cat she will make someone a wonderful pet.

joyful joyful
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.