Optimum Cable

Just received my bill and it went up $200.00 due to my promotional offer being over with. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about getting it lowered? I live in an area where they are the only service besides the Dish which I don't want.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PVMom3 PVMom3
Oct '14

let me know - because that's what I pay them monthly -

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

call them and see if there are any new promotions.

animal lover animal lover
Oct '14

It went up TO $200.00 or BY $200.00?

How you get it lowered is by dumping all those movie channels you don't watch that they were giving you at a discount. Each one is like $15-20 per month.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Call them and tell them you want to change your plan or if need be cancel. They will end up giving you a new promo for another two years.

ladeevee ladeevee
Oct '14

My 1st year promo ended this past September & I got a rate of $39.99 for cable only not including additional HD Tech & DVR fees so I am gonna return the fancier cable box as I do not record shows or have a HD TV to save $$$. Also got HBO free for six months..it all depends on who you talk to on their customer service line. Some reps want to sell you everything...

Lauren Lauren
Oct '14

There is always the option of DirecTV. I have 3 HD DVRs, clear clean signal, hundreds of hours of recording space, premium channels, and under $200 in price. Good luck dealing with cable.

Tell them you are going to switch to the Dish, they will find some kind of credits for you.

Townie70 Townie70
Oct '14

Optimum/Xfinity/Cablevision have NO customer loyalty. Their game is to get NEW customers at the "Triple Play" offer, they when they have your for a few years, jump the price up.

I tried to bargain with them after my "special offer" expired and they told me they could not offer me a better rate. When I threatened to cancel they told me they were "sorry to hear that" and offered no options. I then found out that BASIC local was about $18 a month. When I called to switch to that, they asked me if "I was sure" because "I would loose all my premium channels, including News12!" I let them know unless they were willing to give me a better rate, I have to take that risk. They could care less. So now i pay about $58 a month with internet service.

All good. Half the programing they show are garbage repeats anyway.

NatureGirl71 NatureGirl71
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.