Authentic Mexican resturant

Hi, just wondering if there are any suggestions for a really good Mexican Restaurant with great drinks!!! Thank you ahead for your feedback.

annuniz annuniz
Oct '14

Don Jose in Netcong is not bad. Casa Maya in High Bridge is good, but it's BYOB.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

+1 to Don Jose, love that place!

It is right on 46 just after that intersection the renovated

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Don Jose is one of the few local places with a liquor license. The drinks request really limits you a lot.

I like Sol in Branchburg.

happycamper happycamper
Oct '14

Don Jose has good margaritas

townie1 townie1
Oct '14

Casa Maya in High Bridge is the best place around for sure. I have traveled through out the state and surrounding states checking out Mexican restaurants. If you are willing to travel and are all about the food and not so much the ambiance; you must try.... http://www.josesspringlake.com/contact.html

Greener Pastures Greener Pastures
Oct '14

Riveria Maya is in Branchville (I know not close) and has amazing food and a great atmosphere.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Oct '14

El Tapatio in Dover has really good authentic food. I don't know about drinks. Riviera Maya has a branch on Route 46 in Rockaway.

Rbilly Rbilly
Oct '14

I see Jose's in Spring Lake has vegetable Chimichangas. Most places don't make them.
Thanks, Greener Pastures!

hapiest girl
Oct '14

Riviera Maya opened a 2nd loc in Rockaway. Both have alcohol and both are very good.

Bryan Bryan
Oct '14

Claudio's in Landing...
Amazing TexMex food and FOREARM LENGTH burritos! Great prices too, especially on lunch!
http://www.claudiostexmex.com/

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

I 2nd El Tapatio in Dover! Been going there 14yrs! Great food :) It is BYOB.

LizInHtown LizInHtown
Oct '14

Two thumbs up for Casa Maya at either High Bridge or Gillette locations, however, one person's Mexican is not necessarily another's favorite as I learned from our recent Main Street experience. Their salsa and gazpacho are very fresh, Cilantro is just ripped and tossed, might be too fresh and tomato-y for some. Gazpacho was laden with cucumber, again, might not be everyone's favorite. Just had their Chicken Mole and some Fajitas last weekend, loved em both.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Charrito's in Hoboken is one of the best I've been to. Locally, Fresco Mexican in Chester is really good and authentic.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

Try Ashley's Restaurant on Main St. They have a variety, some Mexican, some Ecuadorian, and more. It also is BYO (99% sure about that), but the food was delicious, large portions, and inexpensive.

Townie70 Townie70
Oct '14

Fresco is BYOB, and they will make Sangria for you.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

Fresco Mexican in Chester is good (depending on when you go)..... it is also BYOB

T-o-N-y
Oct '14

Fresco is quite good as is Don Jose. I will have to check out Riviera Maya in Rockaway, the one in Branchville is good but far away...

I like Rivera Maya in Rockaway - new and spacious.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Oct '14

There is a new restaurant down by the Long Valley Brew Pub called La Rienda. We tried it Saturday night and it was excellent. I had the churrasco and my husband had chicken mole. We each had a huge glass of house sangria. Very nice addition to the area.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Nov '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.