Reasonable reliable roofers?

We have some leaks and need some repair any recommendations?

Mommajoe Mommajoe
Oct '14

This topic has been discussed several times.

sack
Oct '14

no such thing can't have both and try to find a sober one good luck

Kirk Ogden, Long Valley

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

George Keller and Sons - Flanders

Mariann Mariann
Oct '14

I've used Jeff Alte twice. Once to put in a new roof vent for my bathroom exhaust and once to reroof the house. He's not the cheapest but he's inline with most of the major guys around the area. His crew did a great job and cleaned up everything. I didn't find a single piece of garbage afterwards.

I wouldn't hesitate to call Jeff for a repair.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '14

A. Perin Roofing & siding Chester NJ 9088794729 or APerin@aproofingandsiding.com

I had 4 estimates to put a roof on the barn and a rubber roof on a flat section also on the barn. Don't want to mention any names because 1 top rated guy said $13,000??? For a barn roof? Next one said $6800. Next one said $5800. + $3000 more for asbestos removal. WHAT??? We got nervous & had it checked at a lab. Guess what!! NO asbestos..finally went on Hackettstown life and several folks said A. Perin. Honest, reasonable and good work. If its a two day job, looks messy, but the second day, they rolled around a magnetic machine to pick up any metal or nails that were left. Amazing! You would never know they were here. The day he came to access the job, he went up on the roof which 2 others did not even do. Accessed it, said no asbestos, little rot on one part but we can fix. Removed the tin from the flat roof, put on the rolled rubber roof plus shingled the entire barn roof, put on a 50 foot strip of flashing where one roof leaked to another (not anymore) and charged a whopping $2800.00 No more leaks, no more problems. Would use him again and again. GREAT GUY AND CREW!!

carol carol
Oct '14

Thanks for all the leads everyone!

Mommajoe Mommajoe
Oct '14

Jeff Alte gave me a price for some leaks in our roof -- I thought it seemed excessive so I called 2 other roofers and it turned out his price was almost twice that of the other two.
I would say not to go with Alte for repairs.

hapiest girl
Oct '14

Warren Thompson 908-475-4814, did great job on odd leaks I had for years that no one else could fix. Great price compared with others who quoted, some never called back for over 2 weeks when I was looking for quotes, one mentioned above. Good luck.

Wendola Wendola
Oct '14

Sumurai Contractors LLC
Unangst, John
69 South St
Andover, NJ 07821
(908) 852-8418

Fast, excellent price, very clean & efficient.

Casper Casper
Oct '14

AMA ROOFING http://m.amaroofing.com/main-page.html
Local, and family owned!

canneverremembermyna
Oct '14

I second Warren Thompson. He did a great job on a roof of a house I used to own. He was reasonable and great to do business with. He honored his warrantee when we had some damage due to a huge storm. Came right out and took care of it no questions asked.

BrandyB BrandyB
Oct '14

Re: Reasonable reliable roofers?

Art Dalmas
Dalmas Construction
Glen Gardner, NJ
(908) 537-6934

Art has done some beautiful work for my family. Roofing, siding, skylight, etc. The entire outside of our house is new. See the photo.

Lisa McConnell Lisa McConnell
Oct '14

George Keller vote here. Price was a little more avg 5% more than everyone else. But hassle free, not pushy with the contract, answered all my questions, cleaned everything up, overall great experience.

I'll vote no for Jeff Alte, when he gave me a quote and I was asking questions it didn't matter what packet of information I had in front of me the signature page always seemed to appear on top. I hate pushy sales tactics.

younggen younggen
Oct '14

Need a good looking sheet metal roof for a carriage house,
any recommendations?

frenchie frenchie
Jan '15

January 2015 - Jeff Alte provided me with a proposal right away for some roof repair work. They also came within the promised timeframe and completed the work to my satisfaction. I would definitely use them for future work!

Don Butler
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.