Holiday Gifts for clients and children of DASACC

In keeping with the pajama drive, I'm hoping we can do something for the children and women clients of Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Warren County.
New toys for children ages 6 months to 16 yo and "nice items" for women are needed.
If you can contribute, please let me know. I'll be working on this with Tara O and JrzyGirl.
Donations are needed between Dec. 1 and 10th. Also art and craft supplies are needed for the playroom.
Email me if you'd like to help.

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Would some children's books be of use? I'm sure I can put some of those together.

Definitely count me in. Is there a way to organize a central drop off point (over the weekends)?

5catmom - Can you clarify what you mean by "nice items" for women? Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Let's see - of course books would be of use.........GC, Bonv we'll work that out to make it easy for all Calico - I don't know - I asked for clarification and will post when I get an answer.......

Thanks all for jumping on this...................

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

many of the women have left their situation with just the clothes on their back, so maybe a nice pair of PJ's, a robe, slippers, gloves, sweaters, health and beauty items. Just something that will make the holiday's a little brighter for them.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

from Sue Tepper at DASACC of Warren County
I really appreciate everything you do. We are not sure how many children and moms but we are looking for toys for mostly children from ages 8 to 15. The moms we were thinking about costume jewelry, books, purses, items that they would not buy themselves because they are taking care of their children.
I will be glad to collect by December 9th...........with my elves

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I will do something, not sure what yet. Do you have to wrap them or will you collect and give to the agency for them to handle. Will keep in touch about this.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '14

Count me in also. Central drop off on weekends would be great.

happycamper happycamper
Nov '14

Count me in as well. I second Bessie's question, do they items need to be wrapped?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

You do not have to wrap the gifts. They will actually be doing a Christmas Shop so the women can come in and pick out items for their children.

Michelle O Michelle O
Nov '14

Please let me know where I can go to drop off items- I am very happy to help in any way as these moms and their children deserve a nice holiday season

mom of one mom of one
Nov '14

Does anyone have a suggestion for a drop off place? I'll be glad to transport from there -
I would be glad to have you bring things to my place in Panther Valley if that works - just need to set times so I'm sure to be home................

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Hi Everyone, Pajama nut here! I will be happy to meet up with any of you (a few know where my office is if you'd like to drop off) and bring your donations to 5catmom if she'd like. Let me know and I'll be happy to collect!!! Thank you everyone in advance for jumping on board!

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

You guys are the best, having a pretty bad day here at work and you just made it a little bit better by showing so much interest in this cause!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

Shouldnt we just take donations to the center directly? I have no problem doing that.

mom of one mom of one
Nov '14

No mom of one - the center keeps a very low profile --if you want to do that - call directly and see what they tell you............

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

from Sue Tepper: The presents should be unwrapped.

Also, I currently have a client in the shelter that has a daughter who needs a winter coat, and some warm shirts and Sweat shirts. Her size is 18 months and she needs 3 to 4 long sleeve shirts, two sweat shirts or sweaters and one winter jacket. She could also use a pair of shoes and a pair of boots size 4.

Mom could use a pair of sneakers and a pair of boots, size 9.5.

Is this something you might be able to help up us with?
SO WE DON'T duplicate - please post if you are able to do anything on this list - I'll be glad to deliver...............

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I can do the sneakers for the mom

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

Thanks Missrx.....excellent

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Count me in 5catmom!

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

LOL I hit enter too soon. I will collect some items and will PM you. I live in PV so can drop the items off to you.

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

thanks, Brandy - looking forward to meeting you

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Same here 5catmom. I will cover the winter jacket and the rest of the clothes for the 18 month old mentioned above unless someone has already chosen some of those items.

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

thanks - only sneakers for adult covered so far --- beautiful

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

bump - looking to get those boots for a mom asap- child's things are covered as are sneakers for mom- thanks all

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Ok - here's an option for dropping off things for the shelter:

Donations can be dropped off at the transitional house 29 B Broad Street, Washington, NJ during the following times:

Dec 1 1 to 4
Dec 3 5 to 8
Dec 6 10 to 1
Dec 9 10 to 1
Dec 10 5 to 8
Dec 11 10 to 1

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Thanks 5cat. That works so much better for me since I'm near Washington.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Re: Holiday Gifts for clients and children of DASACC

quote of the day from values.com

If you are dropping things off yourself, can you just email me what you are giving -
thanks

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Hello Ladies, fancy meeting you all here. (Winks at 5catmom, JrsyGrl, BrandiB and MissRX) I'll take care of boots for mom. I'm assuming winter boots? Does Mom need clothes too? Let me know if you hear back from Sue, 5catmom and I'll do a one stop shop. Also waiting to hear back from Michelle O about the playroom plans. If we can pull this one off I may just burst!

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

so glad for those who are donating - anyone else interested? unwrapped toys for children welcome!!! email me if you need more information --drop off information at the center is up above but I'm also willing to deliver for you

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I have some items I picked up tonight to donate. I cannot get to the center to drop off though. Will there possibly be someplace to meet up or do a porch pick up or a porch drop off?

happycamper happycamper
Nov '14

Perhaps we use Panera's as a drop-off point? I ordered a few toys from Amazon so I won't be ready until the end of next week.

Just saying hi Tara a/k/a, at our house , the pajama lady :) . I had fun shopping for the baby today and am looking forward to meeting 5catmom over the weekend for my drop off.

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

Great Brandy - we'll have all they need for the mom and her toddler - will let Sue know she can pick up from me Monday afternoon or else I'll deliver tuesday......
Bonv I'm in Panther Valley if that works for you as a drop off or I can pick up -
Let me know what's best for you..........
Ditto to happy camper

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Hi BrandyB!!! Excited you and 5catmom are finally getting to meet. :) happycamper, if it's convenient for you, I work on Willow Grove or can do a pick up sometime on Monday and then deliver to 5catmom's house. Anyone who needs a pick up just PM me and we'll work it out. Thanks everyone for helping out such a wonderful cause (again) together we are making a difference in our little corner of the world!

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

Panther Valley definitely works - I'll send you an email once I have everything and we can coordinate date/time.

This thread makes me feel good to see so many help the unfortunate.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

doing the happy dance about the donations - just hope I can keep straight who's bringing what where ---will set a deadline next week for bringing things to me or having me pick up- please email me with any questions or ideas -

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Tara, I sent you a PM. Thanks :)

happycamper happycamper
Nov '14

Tara - YOU ARE THE MOST Big Hearted woman around..................Tara is working on something big ---will let her tell it if it comes off - and there may be a spring project - especially for the guys --- but for now - let's get those who have been through it some light and smiles this holiday ..............

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Sounds like there are multiple people rounding things up. I have those books to be dropped off but am not sure now where/who would be best. I live across from the hospital. If someone would give me a yell and tell me where & when to meet I'd be happy to do that.

GC when are you available? You can either bring to me in Panther Valley or either Tara or I can pick up --

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I'll PM you 5catmom.

Four more days and I can give you guys more attention, the turkeys are almost gone, I can't wait to see what our final count is for the year. I can resume normal life until Christmas craziness, you have no idea what a relief that will be. 5cat did they give you any specific women's sizes that they need other than shoes or just a variety? I can send my Christmas elf (mom) out and about to start getting some stuff.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

Thanks so much for the kind words 5catmom. I'm nothing special but with everyone pitching in looks like we are accomplishing some very great things! Waiting to hear back on "the BIG PROJECT" if that works out we ALL will have accomplished something fantastic. All this just from a little ol' pajama drive. Thanks to everyone who is participating. I've pm'd happycamper and GC if anyone else wants a local drop off or pick up pm me and we'll get together! Thank you!

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

Great to meet BrandyB and Missrx--Thanks so much for the donations - and to GC who got his to Tara..............
Here's what's needed at this point: we are looking for toys for mostly children from ages 8 to 15. moms costume jewelry, books, purses, items --that they would not buy themselves because they are taking care of their children.
nothing wrapped -
I have quite a few costume necklaces already -
Yay Us

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Great meeting you ladies too ! Glad to help :)

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

It was nice to meet both of you as well! 5catmom, I will keep you posted on my progress of collecting more goodies.

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

What kind of books?

Bessie Bessie
Nov '14

books for children - picture books to chapter books or good reads for the moms -

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I live in long valley and have lots of pens and pencils and some craft supplies . maybe a pause as well . Would you be interested in any of these items .

debbie chaplo debbie chaplo
Nov '14

Just had the pleasure of meeting GC! Thanks to him and Grandma Tuna for providing some fantastic children's books! Looking forward to meeting happycamper this evening, anyone else need a drop off or a pick up?

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

Thanks Tara --- I'm meeting Sue from the center - giving her the toddler stuff and mom sneakers ---and anything else already here if she wants to take it now - otherwise will make a delivery during the dates/times listed above.

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Just met the very generous Happycamper! Lots of books and self pampering stuff for the moms! Great work you guys, thank you! Anyone else?

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

Sue was here - and took everything I have so far ---and now she's off to pick up from Tara. Please let me know if you need a pick up or a drop off place.

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Bump :) anyone else? I know times are tight for everyone and you're trying to take care of your own holidays (trust me, I get it, we're all in the same boat). However if you could pick up just something small while your doing your own shopping, that would be wonderful. These women gather up the courage to leave the lives that they know with most of the times only the clothes on their and their children's backs. A small act of kindness goes a long way and gives them hope. Thanks in advance everyone. :)

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

thanks for the bump, Tara

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Thanks to those who have already been so generous. Your donations have been sent to the shelter. I'm hoping some more will be able to give gifts for the children or the moms.............here's a link to the shelter so you can learn more about their mission
http://www.dasacc.org/
Thanks in advance...........Pajama Lady and I are ready to pick up and deliver..........

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Off to do my part today/tomorrow. Will drop off to you by tomorrow afternoon

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

I picked up a few items the other day. I'll be in H'town on Thursday for an appt. Should I arrange for a drop off, or just take them directly to the shelter in Washington next Saturday?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Donations can be dropped off at the transitional house 29 B Broad Street, Washington, NJ during the following times:

Dec 1 1 to 4
Dec 3 5 to 8
Dec 6 10 to 1
Dec 9 10 to 1
Dec 10 5 to 8
Dec 11 10 to 1
If you want to drop off -- Calico re Thursday, I'll be glad to be around or meet you if you give me a rough time..............

Thanks Jrzygirl and Leslee

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Hey Everyone, I'll be meeting up on Monday w/ Bonv and I'll be happy to meet up w/ you on Thursday as well Calico, if that suits you. We're trying to make this as painless as possible for everyone that is being kind enough to donate. Just let me or 5catmom what you want to do :)

TaraL TaraL
Nov '14

Are we waiting for anyone else or can we stop bugging you?? I'm waiting a response about taking pix of mom and kids and printing them right way --any other ideas?

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I'm just going to swing by the shelter on 12/6. That works best for me at this point.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Clyde was going to drop off some stuff to Tara on Monday if that's ok

Bessie Bessie
Nov '14

Of course it's ok --- and I think a big thanks is due to JrzyGirl -- assuming the big bag at my door is from her................
Again thanks all you generous people

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

You are assuming correct! I'm sorry I missed you... I thought I sent you an email earlier but then saw I never hit send..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

Excellent - Missrx also dropped some great kid gifts off today..............

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Hello everyone! I just had the pleasure of meeting the very sweet and extremely generous Bonv! 3 bags of gifts for both kids and Moms. What a wonderful surprise. Looking forward to seeing Clyde today as well. Anyone else want to do a drive by on the Pajama Lady, lol?

TaraL TaraL
Dec '14

Tara lets pick one of the dates for delivery and do it together - eh??
Thanks all you generous folk...
Are we waiting for anyone else???

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

and a thank you to Clyde and Bessie for their bag of goodies that Clyde just dropped by. Thanks you two!

TaraL TaraL
Dec '14

Sounds good 5catmom let me see what's going to work. Sat the 6th may be good, PM me and we'll work it out :) Anyone else? Bueller, Bueller?

TaraL TaraL
Dec '14

The 6th I"m going to the Shepherd's Daughter - meeting up with Leslee there - and taking Dina - want to join us?? maybe we can do both??? not sure

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

OMG Pajamamama (sounds catchy or I'm just losing it) may get a day out with adults that doesn't involve work? Hmmmmmmm....sounds awfully tempting. Let me see what I can do :)

TaraL TaraL
Dec '14

I have been out of town and am just catching up. Is there anything specific needed? I will be shopping tomorrow or Wed if it's not too late. If nothing specific is needed, I will pick up some toys and some fun mom stuff.

BrandyB BrandyB
Dec '14

That sounds great Brandy...no it's not too late...

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

Tara, Jrzygirl, Brandy, Missrx, GC, Bessie and Clyde, Bonv, Calico, happy camper, grandma tuna
apologies in advance for anyone I may have missed............we're probably delivering this saturday - anyone else need a pick up or drop off??
THANK YOU ALL

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

Just had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Calico. Thank you so very much for the donation. 5catmom, MissRX and another Pajama Elf are making a run out to do a drop off of all of our collected goodies on Saturday, anyone else need me to pick up?

TaraL TaraL
Dec '14

Re: Holiday Gifts for clients and children of DASACC

I just had the pleasure (and good time) delivering this carload of gifts to the DASACC in Washington. Thanks for your generosity. Stay tuned - Pajama Lady and I aren't quite done yet...................

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

A friend and I will be taking family pix of shelter residents for Mother's Day. We plan to print them right away and give them to the residents. In addition I understand there will be a campaign to redo the playroom and possibly the playground. Yes we will be calling on you once again. Thanks.....

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

When you're talking to hour contact, please see if they are in need of anything. I remember they used to post on HL if they had a client moving into an apartment, they would let us know what was needed. If anyone had things to donate, they would contact them. Love the idea of taking the pictures.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '15

will get more information and pass it on

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

Love this idea!! Let me know what you need.. I still need to reach out for them about the stuff we talked about the other night.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '15

Count me in to help provide anything that is needed. I have some lamps that are all less than a year old. If anyone from the shelter is in need of lamps , I can provide them.

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.