Kean University

Please settle a bet I have with my know -it-all 17year old son...
Is it Pronounced "Kane" or "Keen"? He won't believe me or Wikipedia so maybe he will believe the all knowing 'Lifers!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Nov '14

Kane I believe. That's how Governor Kean pronounces it. I think he would know! LOL.

Kane. Lived over that way growing up and family went there and other family member is head of student housing. Tell your son once again mom is right. Lol ;)

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

According to my teenage son its Kane..

cherylbear cherylbear
Nov '14

I have heard it pronounced as "Kane" as well

I had this come up with a name of a company once , so I called their main number after hours to see how they pronounced their name.

I know all too well about know it all teens! Good luck

Hack in town Hack in town
Nov '14

However, the city of Keene, New Hampshire is pronounced Keen.

fusselfrei fusselfrei
Nov '14

Ha ha!!
Thank you!!!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Nov '14

Call the main school number and see how they pronounce it when they answer the phone. I would think their employees know how to pronounce the name of their employer.

M & K M & K
Nov '14

Or just go to youtube and listen to one of their own videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6RFqrRxEg

Trust me, it's Kane, same way as for the former guv ... I've been around.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

Many friends went there... It's "Kane"

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Nov '14

My sister went there...it's Kane...like candy cane. : )

Heidi Heidi
Nov '14

You people have a Kane sense of humor lol

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '14

Haha, wrong Clyde.

Nov '14

Kean U.(cane) just bought glass conference table for over $200k. Wth! Dont care what it does. Thats outrageous!

Nov '14

I think by this point it has been well established that the correct pronunciation for Kane is cane lol!, but maybe we should get a few more to verify just to be on the safe side :)

The table was a subject on 101.5 today. All the grads that called in, called it Keen like i do. My daughter went there before it was a University. FYI it was about $1,200 a year

Old Gent Old Gent
Nov '14

Lol I meant Kean... must be because I saw the correction so many times :)

A little off topic, but my friend had a horse and wagon. We used to cut hay with sickles and bamboo rakes on the Kean property long before it became a collage..

Old Gent Old Gent
Nov '14

This is just funny

"Kean University spends $219K on conference table, report says"

http://www.nj.com/education/2014/11/kean_university_spends_219k_on_conference_table_report_says.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Nosila Nosila
Nov '14

totally ridiculous - love the dance they're doing to justify the expense ---

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

No matter how they spend their money they are still far cheaper than centenary.... Probably a better school too.

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Nov '14

I went to centenary for undergrad. Thankfully I opened my head and went to rutgers for grad school. Way cheaper. Better education.

I think it's now pronounced "oops"...

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/newjersey/2015/02/kean_university_mistakenly_sen.html#incart_river

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

they're in good company. Carnegie mellon did the same thing, as did several other schools.

ken e
Feb '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.