How are the roads?

I went to Budd Lake early and every road was just wet. Came back to town via Rt 46 and Budd Lake and down the mountain, it was slushy. Take it slow. Got into Htown and roads were just wet. Headed west on Rt 57 and it was getting worse.
Just be careful out there. Looks like the road crews are doing a good job.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

Alphano Road and Bald Eagle in Panther Valley are a mess.

Fuji
Nov '14

I will be coming to htown from morristown.. keep you posted.. !

darlughh darlughh
Nov '14

12:45 pm
Schooley's Mountain Road, Newburgh Road to Flocktown Road is snow and slush covered. Does not look like any plowing has been done yet. Roadway is VERY SLIPPERY!!! Please take it easy and get there safely.

fusselfrei fusselfrei
Nov '14

Debating on whether to go to work tonight or not. Have been in since about 1030am. Wondering how Rt 57 and Mt Ave are now.

Nov '14

57 and Mt Ave were mostly wet and some slush. Not bad at all yet. Just came through about 10 minutes ago.

Mark4
Nov '14

Thanks Mark4

Nov '14

Any reports on what 80 is like?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Nov '14

Just heard route 15 south from Sussex Cty closed

Hackettstownwife
Nov '14

The Hackettstown road department is doing a great job, Mount Olive is always really clean, but I'd stray away from anything but main roads. My buddy lives on Ramar st, which is the second left off the road that goes behind Harold's landscaping on 206, and it takes forever for them to plow it. There are so many roads in the mountains between 206 and 46 the road crews can't keep on top of it.

penningslandscaping penningslandscaping
Nov '14

Route 15 opened

Hackettstownwife
Nov '14

Roads are passable. Lil slushy. I had no problems..some others did..apparently they slid into ditches..

darlughh darlughh
Nov '14

Anyone know how roads east of us are? Heading in to NYC....

Townies Townies
Nov '14

http://511nj.org/

http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/cameras-and-signs.html

Schooley's Mtn. road plowed, sanded/salted as of 3pm. Pleasant Grove not so...glad for the 4-wheel-drive.

Davis Davis
Nov '14

280 is horrible. Report from my cousin who traveled this road.

Sweetums Sweetums
Nov '14

This report in via social media:

Mansfield Twp *Road Closure/Tree Down* Mt Bethel Rd just east of Janes Chapel. PD request FD to assist with closing roadway due to tree and wires down. 26F -WCFE2

A lot of trees are coming down within the last hour (some with wires). Be careful out there.

Agreed. Yikes now this one just popped up on the first responder website:

ELECTRIC SUBSTATION ALLAMUCHY JCP&L SUBSTATION / ALPHANO RD 11/26 1923

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.