"Store" in area that helps those in need

Hi all
I think I saw mentioned here, there is a place on Washington? That helps others in need with children's furniture and needs for those who need it. Does anyone know of this place and what their name or address is? My sister in law and her husband may be getting four children in foster care within the next week and could really use any resources that are available to them.
Thanks

Cherie Cherie
Nov '14

Cherie....Do you mean Habitat for Humanity? It is on 57 next to The Town Market and Tractor Supply.

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Nov '14

I think they will also come to you for pickups though I don't know the details.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '14

bty dyfs has funds for clothing--- but you have to push for everything

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Cherie - what do the children need? clothes and sizes? bed linens?

perhaps we can help them out...

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Nov '14

Trinity Church use to help in situations like this.

Let us know what they need. I have a few things I was looking to get rid of. I would be willing to donate them.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

Hi all
They will need just about anything. They will be getting a 1,2 3and 6 year old. Let me double check boys girls etc. and I will also ask my sis in law to comment too so she can give a better idea. The store I saw posted sometime, like I said though was here but could have been on Facebook as well. Not habitat for humanity.

Cherie Cherie
Nov '14

Cherie's sister in law here! Thanks everyone! We will be getting 3 little girls 1,2,3 and a bit 6 years old! We need baby furniture, toddler bed & toys Anything really would help linens and stuff too

Courtney Courtney
Nov '14

sorry I meant http://www.state.nj.us/dcf/ - they've provided clothing and holiday gifts to a foster mom I know ---but they do often need pushing --

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Courtney. I may have some toys and stuffed animals I can relay to you for all of those ages, just need both boys in school to squirrel it out of the house. They have a bad habit of playing with things once they come out of storage.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '14

If anyone wants to , I can pick up or you can drop to me and I will get to Courtney. My best days are Wednesdays, and the weekend. You can also PM me or Courtney to arrange. Thank you all for helping out, and if anyone comes across the place I am thinking of please let me know.

Cherie Cherie
Nov '14

Any need for a crib? I have one.

Denise Denise
Nov '14

Yes I believe so please PM Courtney or myself by clicking on the envelope next to our names. Thank you

Cherie Cherie
Nov '14

I may have some stuff also. Will go thru the storage room and see.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

Awesome!! Let me know Christine we can arrange pick up. Thank you!!

Cherie Cherie
Nov '14

Denise, have you been getting my emails today? Courtney would like the crib and is hoping to come tommorow night for the other things that were donated. Thanks again for helping out!

Cherie Cherie
Nov '14

I have a store opening soon that will give all to those in need . We help all with no questions.

Joanne Joanne
Nov '14

Just want to make sure you are also aware of FAFS (Foster & and Adoptive Family Services). They are independent of the state, providing support to foster children & families.
http://www.fafsonline.org/gifts-for-foster-children.html

Trying2Save Trying2Save
Dec '14

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this thread or what Courtney is doing, ever since reading about it.

Imagine the courage, strength and generosity one would have to have to take in not one foster child -- but four! -- all under the age of six. Basically, you are saying - ok, I'm ready to give up life as I know it and my own priorities to provide a safe, loving home to someone else's four very young children.

That's pretty much the definition of heroism to me. Hats off to you, Courtney.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Update... Courtney has four children in her home, however it is a different four. They took on an emergency placement. They are definitely good people with a lot of love!!!
Thank you to those who have helped out. Everything that was donated already will be used.

Cherie Cherie
Dec '14

Is this through DYFS? They do give about $750/month per child and supply the items needed to get started.

neighborhood watcher
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.