In Transit : Delivery attempted

Anyone else get this from items shipped via USPS? When it happened last year I called the PO and they stated it should deliver the next day (which it did). So, basically they are running behind but instead of being honest they report that a delivery was attempted when none was.

Used to happen in Diamond Hill ALL THE TIME. Several of us complained to the PO, they acted like it was no big deal.... eventually, our mail carrier was switched and then everything went back to normal. So it was just one guy who couldn't do the job.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '14

I have never see USPS do that, only FedEx. USPS say that legitimately when they have a signature required, yes. UPS say that legitimately when they have a signature required, yes. UPS say it's on the truck but no delivery attempt because they didn't have enough time, yes.

Similar to what JR said, the FedEx person who did that at least twice and three other wrong deliveries was replaced and never happened again.

My USPS guy left a "delivery attempted" yellow slip in my mailbox.... I was home the whole day, waiting for that package. I saw it was "out for delivery", and the guy didn't even make an attempt.... he simply didn't want to get out of his truck to knock on my door.

And this happened to me 3-4 times, over about a year, until that driver was canned, or moved. As soon as our route got the new driver, it's never happened again.

Dec '14

$12 item GC LOL, but I did receive a $130 item today via Fedex, and $300 item via UPS last week...

I got 3 e-mails on Sunday saying 'has been attempted for delivery" from USPS
On a Sunday!! c'mon they don't deliver on Sunday but why 3 e-mails.
Of course I received my item Monday.

Yes happened to my 2 times. I complained. Never happened again. BTW I was home the whole day. It was just registered mail also. They just put a yellow paper saying pick it up at the PO.

Christine Christine
Dec '14

Actually, USPS does deliver on Sundays. I've received two packages from Amazon that were delivered by USPS on a Sunday.

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '14

Long ago in a land far away( Mt Lake) UPS would not make drop offs to the summer cottages and that they though all houses were seasonal homes you would go to the Mt lake Genneral store and your package would be droped off there wow I just love back in the day stuff

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Dec '14

USPS delivers Amazon Prime packages on sundays. Altho....that terrible mail carrier I told you about? His 1st year, he was delivering ALL the mail on sundays, probably because he couldn't finish his deliveries during the week and was behind.... when I told the PO this, they said , "that's impossible. We don't deliver mail on sundays".... REALLY?!?!? Then why is there a mail truck driving around my neighborhood delivering mail on sundays?!?!

Dec '14

So why did the Sunday delivery fail but Monday's was right there in the mail box.

Happens all the time. When I asked about it I was told they are too busy to deliver it that's why tthey leave the yellow slip for you to go to PO to get it.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Dec '14

Funny, I ordered the same $12 item in November with no problems and I looked at the order and it was through UPS. If it happens again, I will be complaining to Amazon.

IMHO UPS (private company) does a much better job than USPS (public).

Finally, how many people have had a package squeezed in their mailbox. When I mean squeezed, I mean it takes significant force to remove?

IJay-I had my daughters senior pictures squeezed into the mailbox. Big white envelope that had "PHOTOS" stamped on it. I was livid. All they said was we will speak to the mailperson about it. What else could they do? NOTHING! They know there is no repercussions.

Dec '14

UPS is working with USPS and will drop packages off at the main post office to finish delivery with USPS instead of UPS. Makes me batty. Had a few packages marked as delivered when really they were sitting at the post office. Then there is the lovely issue of one of the delivery people not bothering to walk a few extra steps and throwing packages up and over our porch railing rather than using the stairs, or just leaving them out in the elements between the garage doors.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

I had the same issue. On Monday I received my package but he didnt even knock on the door. He threw the package and hit the glass storm door. It really scared me to death. I thought someone was trying to get in. My dogs got so scared too. This is not the first time. He leave me notes that "nobody was home and ots at the post office". When im always home since Im on bedrest. I complained and nothing had been done. He also squeeze my mail in my mail box. Actually the Ups and fedex are better the USPS

Bella76 Bella76
Dec '14

I ordered something that said was delivered on Tuesday when I contacted Amazon they said they would send me a new one, ups ended up delivering the first one on Wednesday so now I have to return the second one. And monday someone in an unmarked minivan dropped off my packages before 8am.. That was an odd one

And of course...the carrier failed to scan a pickup today so now I have a package in the ether of delivery worlds.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

Subcontractors, I feel sorry for those folks...

Did get my package a day late and it was delivered nicely to my door as it was too big for the mailbox.

If you live in Manhattan, lol , Amazon will deliver to you in 1 hour, for $8. In 2 hours, its FREE. Amazon prime customers. I thought prime customers get FREE delivery anyway.

Dec '14

Amazon Prime customers get free 2-DAY delivery. Not 2 hours! lol (across the country)

Dec '14

Aware of that JR. 2 HOUR delivery in Manhattan is FREE, 1 hour delivery for $8.

Dec '14

I have Amazon Prime, which now shows free shipping is 3 to 5 days. Which as I have a PO Bx turns into 7 to 10 days. USPS has lost 5 packages in last 4 months. I am told mail/packages first go to a larger post office [?] in Stewardsville before coming to my Post office...I have complained so many times.

Jo Anne Jo Anne
Dec '14

This is the same USPS which believes in Santa Claus. Surely they can not be taken seriously to deliver the mail.

"...Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governnent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus."

From Forbe's, yesterday:

"Today, Amazon.com introduced Prime Now, a service in Manhattan promising delivery in as soon as one hour. According to the Wall Street Journal, Amazon said it will expand the service to other cities next year. Amazon will charge $7.99 for delivery within an hour, though two-hour delivery is free. Amazon said more than 25,000 items are eligible for delivery under the Prime Now program, which is only available to customers who pay $99 for the annual Prime membership."

JerryG JerryG
Dec '14

"...Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governnent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus."

GREAT MOVIE!!!! (no doubt one of ianimal's faves, lol)

Dec '14

I swear the Hackettstown Post Office is getting so bad - in the last year alone I have had several missing boxes. Since these are items I'm actively tracking it makes you wonder what else has been "lost". Today alone they have indicated two boxes as delivered when they were not. Since I received several other boxes it's not as if someone selected to swipe just these two.

Public sector, what's one more day...

Re: In Transit : Delivery attempted

I've had many delivery problems with the Hackettstown post office over the years. This tracking info is from today. Wish they would explain how this happened...

smatt23
Sep '15

Oh for crying out loud iJay...give it a rest!!

JerryG JerryG
Sep '15

I've noticed an improvement lately from Hackettstown PO.
Getting all my boxes and not getting my neighbors mail any more.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '15

Really, hktownie!? That's great. Did you speak to anyone, or did it just happen by itself?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

have a complaint??? try this: http://www.prc.gov/offices/pagr

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '15

If someone lives in long valley they have a hackettstown mailing address. I think that is correct . So I mailed a letter to a long valley street address with hackettstown as the town. It was returned to me address unknown.
Was I wrong to use hackettstown on envelope.?

A good day
Sep '15

I didn't speak to anyone Rebecka, I know how rushed the carriers are, the routes keep getting bigger and they are under pressure to sort and deliver more and more mail in less time. I think I did get a new carrier though, the service improved at the same time that our mail delivery time changed.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '15

Long Valley has its own post office and zip code 07853, but some parts of Washington Township do have a Hackettstown mailing address. Apparently, your recipient is in 07853

ianimal ianimal
Sep '15

Washington Township, Morris County has @ a half dozen different postal mailing addresses, depending on where one lives within the township.

Common theme ...

http://consumerist.com/2015/09/29/usps-says-it-tried-to-deliver-my-package-but-home-security-video-shows-otherwise/

Long story short, we never received a package on Wednesday which showed as being delivered. Turns out our postman told both us and his boss this morning that he scanned the package at the wrong address because he couldn't find parking in front of our house (a house which you can see from the post office) but he walked it to our address and left it on our porch. Explaining again we never received it we were told it must've been stolen and there was nothing more they could do. 30 minutes later our mailman delievered our mail and lo & behold there was our already delievered two days ago stolen package! Absolutely outrageous!!!

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.