Christmas Cookies! One great link, and share your pics?

I just came across this link with SEVENTY FIVE (!!) delicious Christmas Cookie ideas, with links to recipes. I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to make! Thumbprint ones were always a classic at my house growing up. Also, bourbon balls (heavy on the hooch).

http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/63665/christmas-cookies-intro

Will you be baking cookies for the holidays? Which ones are your favorites?

We should post pics of our homemade treats!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Check out this site!

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/Cookies

Re: Christmas Cookies!  One great link, and share your pics?

The beginning of the baking frenzy for Grandma's Christmas cookie recipes!!!

Jules Jules
Dec '14

I need to make up for the last two years when I've done nothing. Generally I make:

Thumbprints
Old Fashioned Molasses cookies
Chocolate Chip
Peanut Butter
Oatmeal
Spitzbuben

I make these butter pecan cookies for my mom every year... almost like tea cookies, they sort of fall apart/melt in your mouth. No pics, because I can't bake them until the day before I leave for her house!

Also going to make some 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies people are raving about: peanut butter, sugar, eggs. That's it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/three-ingredient-peanut-butter-cookies/

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '14

I am going to try really hard to get some baking done, but I have no time or energy lately by the time I get home from work.

On my list this year is pretzel bark, chocolate rugelach, sugar cookies and probably classic chocolate chip. Oh and I always make my husband his favorite pecan snowballs.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '14

I cannot bake this year due to the broken ankle but got my daughter to make chocolate chocolate chip, chocolate chips today. Tomorrow I will show her how to do the spritz with the cookie cutter, Saturday the peanut butter and Sunday if she doesn't run away crescents. Only doing one batch of each this year as there will only be 3 of us at home and a couple of trays I send to mom. I love baking.....I might convince her to make a date nut loaf. MMmmmmm

Christine Christine
Dec '14

Doing our baking blitz on Christmas Eve since the kids will both be home for it. Can't wait! We have a big list of Italian cookies, gingerbread cookies, thumbprints, peppermint, oatmeal raisin, and loaded chocolate chip. The boys picked out the last two since they are their absolute favorites ;)

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

Lovely, Jules! It's the pics that always make one's mouth water... Can't wait to see pics of all the yummy-sounding creations mentioned. Maybe I'll try those peanut butter cookies -- only three ingredients? Sounds like a recipe to try!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Re: Christmas Cookies!  One great link, and share your pics?

My butter cookies!

Peggy C Peggy C
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.