Cars for Cash service

Has anyone utilized this online service? If yes, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Is it as simple as they say? Do they give you cash? I just chatted online with someone from the site and they said they would give me a guaranteed check when they picked up the car and take care of the paperwork. Not sure what paperwork is involved besides signing over the title of the vehicle and taking my plates off before they tow it away.

Information Needed
Jan '15

All of their web site stuff about paperwork being a hassle is nonsense. They are trying to sell themselves because people remember the paperwork in buying. There's nothing more than you said on the selling side.

Otherwise so long as you get a certified or cashier's check (there's no such thing as a guaranteed check) in an amount you're happy with, it's not a problem. Just make sure you go to a legit site like KBB or Edmunds to evaluate your car. Most places like Cars for Cash don't offer all that much. If you can, you might want to try something like the classifieds here or on Craigslist first. If that doesn't sell it for more than you were offered, then take offers from places like that.

I will try to find the name of the place we sold our old van to but it wasn't running; hadn't been for years; it was a 15 passenger van and they came and took it and gave $400 cash. I'll see if I can dig up the name; it's been about 3 years.

Carsforcash.com I used a few years ago. They came to the house, free tow (car didnt run, trans shot) and gave me $200 cash. Couldn't have been smoother. Fair price.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

You can probably get $350 to 500. from a junk yard (and free towing). How much are they offering?? Double that (or more) and put it up on Craig's List for a week or two. I just sold a 15 year old car on Craigs in three days.

you can donate to "www.purpleheart.org" , get value of vehicle on your taxes and it benefits the veterans.

Steven Steven
Jan '15

Not if the car isnt running and older.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

I'm local and buy cars. I buy all cars. Let me know if I can help.

site shows they do indeed accept / pick up cars, trucks, etc.

http://www.purpleheartcars.org/donate

Friend of mine donated an older Honda that did not run last year .

Steven Steven
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.