Hackettstown train schedule

i have a job that is moving me from flemington to morristown new jersey. every morning, if i didn't leave early enough, i got stuck behind a train that entered the station at around 7:45 in the morning. when i check the train schedules and times, there is a train that leaves hackettstown at 8:22am. is this the same train? just wondering because that would be the train that i would like to take out. any help is appreciated!

yourATTguy
Feb '15

Yes it should be the same one

SnowRoads SnowRoads
Feb '15

I'm pretty sure your are correct. Some of the trains stay in town for awhile as they queue up the trains down the line because there is only one track in our neck of the woods.

Joe C. Joe C.
Feb '15

Your other alternative is to hop on 80 and got to mount arlington or netcong

Brad2
Feb '15

If you go as far as Dover, there are dozens of trains instead of just two a day. Same is true if you want buses that are cheaper. Lakeland bus from Dover is cheap and frequent.

and if you cannot drive or have no car, then options are limited to h-towns trains and buses,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '15

Where are Hackettstown buses??

The nearest buses are from Panther Valley parking lot (Martz) and Budd Lake Route 46 (Lakeland)

GC, thank you. You confirmed that there are no buses actually to or from Hackettstown. The train service is business commuter oriented Monday thru Friday. Without a car, you cannot get in or out of town! I love Hackettstown, but this is a major deficiency as one grows older.

I heard rumors the the Hackettstown line is going direct into the port authority? Where does it go and what times. Curious what the schedule looks like to get into penn station by 8:30 am.

Derek Derek
Feb '15

My daughter takes the 8:22 back to MSU on Mondays. Today she was the only one on it.

Christine Christine
Feb '15

Go to this link:
http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainSchedulesFrom&selOrigin=54_BNTN&selDestination=105_BNTN&OriginDescription=Hackettstown&DestDescription=New+York+Penn+Station&datepicker=02/03/2015

Years ago the Martz bus to NYC left from in front of the sitting area across from Stella G. The bus would then go to Route 80 via Budd Lake on Route 46. Eventually to save time on the overall commute timethey stopped coming into Hackettstown from Panther Valley.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '15

Train service suspended this morning 3/11 between Hackettstown and Denville. Someone hit on the tracks down in the Dover area.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.