DASACC Women's Shelter in Washington

Wondering if anyone stills keeps contact with the Woman's Shelter? I tried to find the old thread and was not successful. Also can' t remember the poster who had organized something for them at Christmas.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '15

http://www.dasacc.org/

They are right in Washington.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/649477#t649611

Not sure if this is the one.?

Teenie
Apr '15

Does someone need help? They can call 908-453-4121. This is the domestic abuse and sexual assault crisis center.

Will also connect the 24 hr hotline if someone needs to talk.

Thanks for the info..have some donations for the shelter and needed the contact person we had been dealing with previously. Thank you 5catmom!

Bessie Bessie
Apr '15

Hi Guys, it looks like my original post was removed so I'll add on here. (I apologize in advance if I broke a rule, moderators please let me know) We are currently taking a collection and running a fundraiser to renovate the playroom at the DASACC. If anyone would like to participate, please PM me. Thanks you!

TaraL TaraL
Apr '15

Tara just wondering if there is a "GoFundMe" or similar site that is being set up in case anyone wants to donate for the Playroom that way?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '15

Hi Jrzy! No there isn't one, but I can ask the director if the would have a problem with us setting one up. I think it's a fabulous idea. I'll let you know later on today. I'm just excited that after months of red tape it's finally happening! If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to pm me.

TaraL TaraL
Apr '15

Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Warren County NJ
We're looking for donations to help some of our clients. Please let us know if you can donate any of the following items:

Gift cards to Walmart
Money or voucher for the habitat store
Living room furniture
Kitchen table and chairs
Pots, pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, any kitchen items
Any decorating items, curtains, wall hangings, rugs

Thank you for your support of our clients!

Michelle O Michelle O
May '15

Bumping this up

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

I have some curtains, picture frames (small)and will check to see what else I may have.

Bessie Bessie
May '15

Please message Michelle (above) with what you have
Thanks

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Michelle, are these items a continuous need? We just moved so things are still in boxes and chaos, but I know I have many kitchen items and curtains that I am more than willing to part with once things settle down.

Tracy Tracy
May '15

Any questions regarding negotiations can actually be directed to Pam D. or Erin H. at the Agency. Their number is 908-453-4121.

Michelle O Michelle O
May '15

I am probably going to take a kitchen table and some other things next Thursday - If anyone in the PV general area has things that have been confirmed as needed - and you want me to transport - send me a note -

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Gift cards to Walmart
Money or voucher for the habitat store
Living room furniture
Kitchen table and chairs
Pots, pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, any kitchen items
Any decorating items, curtains, wall hangings, rugs

have you got any of these things that are in good shape - these families have been through so much - that getting something new or very gently used will feel good -
as I mentioned previously, I will be making a run there one day this week ( they have no storage so they only want deliveries as things are going back out) If you want me to take something, please message me --- and Thank You Bessie and Jrzy Girl for the items I've already delivered...............

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Hi Everyone,

We finally cut through the red tape and were able to start a crowd funding sight for renovating the playroom at the DASACC.
The direct donation link is: http://bh.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1139508
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks again,
Tara

TaraL TaraL
May '15

Let's do it...................

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

I am in! Tara, I will email you.

brandyB brandyB
May '15

Bumping this up!

TaraL TaraL
May '15

Tara- you should ask DASACC if they would post the link on their Facebook page.

Michelle O Michelle O
May '15

Great idea Michelle, will do!!!

TaraL TaraL
May '15

I donated today but we have a long way to go...I'm going to ask friends and neighbors in the area

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Hi Everyone, happy Memorial Day!!! Up to $470. Please keep your donations coming. I planning on making a donation in the beloved Cbel's name because without her, I would not have been aware of this important cause.

TaraL TaraL
May '15

What a sweet thought, Tara..Clyde and I will do the same. I really do miss her and I know he misses her still! She was much more than a HL acquaintance.

Bessie Bessie
May '15

I am excited to be donating on behalf of our family this AM.

Thanks again to Tara for bringing this opportunity to our attention.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

brandyB brandyB
May '15

BrandyB, as I have told you before you and your family are so incredilbly generous! Thank you , thank you, thank you for your donation and thank you to everyone else that has donated not only $$$ but their time so far to this project. Let's get this little bumble bee moving in the right direction!

TaraL TaraL
May '15

It is our pleasure Tara. Gotta love the moving bumble bee! Will be awesome when it reaches the other side.

brandyB brandyB
May '15

Their post today: Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Warren County NJ

We're looking for donations to help some of our clients. Please let us know if you can donate any of the following items:
Gift Cards to Kohl's
Professional (Business Casual) Clothing size 12/14
Kids clothing (size 12 months)

Please call Sue at 908-453-4181 if you have any of these items to donate.

And while you're at it -consider donating on the link posted above for the playroom reno.......

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

$1500 raised so far - $3500 more needed. Can anyone help? The link for fundraising for the playroom is above

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Working on friends, family and some others...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '15

Just got our first donation from my friends/family group.. Thanks so much Mar... I can always count on you!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '15

Thanks Jrzy! The Pajama Mama's are really pulling this together. You are all so wonderful. Anyone else care to jump on board? The donations are tax deductible and more importantly this truly is a worthwhile cause.

TaraL TaraL
May '15

$1800!!!! Woo hoo!!! Keep it coming HL, this forum has an amazing bunch of people who despite their differences, have one thing in common: big hearts!

TaraL TaraL
May '15

My Mom and Aunt donated this afternoon. You guys rock!! Thanks so much. TaraL we are a few steps closer..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '15

Thanks Cousin Ellen!! Your support means so much...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '15

Jrzy ~ Thanks so much to you and your family! Completely awesome!

TaraL TaraL
May '15

$1900! Can we make it 2k by the end of the day? Thanks to everyone that has donated so far!

TaraL TaraL
Jun '15

Bumping this up ....I donated today ...i apologize for taking so long !!!!!

Missrx Missrx
Jun '15

Thanks for the bump..reminded me to do the same.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

Thanks ladies!!! I've been swamped at the office and at home and I've been trying not to be too nudge but since you mentioned it ;b :
The direct donation link is: http://bh.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1139508 Many thanks to everyone and their families that have already donated and to everyone else that plans to... We are currently up to $2025. Please, even $5 helps and it is tax deductible for such a worthwhile cause. Thanks again everyone!

TaraL TaraL
Jun '15

just posted on their fb page:
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Warren County NJ
11 mins ยท
We love to give our clients new pajamas when they enter into the safe house. We want them to feel as comfortable as possible. However, our supply is running low. We could use new pajamas, all sizes (small-2X). If you are able to help us, please call Sue at 908-453-4181.

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '15

bumpety bump

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '15

How do we get the pajamas to them? I know it says to call Sue but wondered if any one here is going to go up there.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

I could if there were enough for me to go...........

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '15

DASACC is having their Annual Shindig on September 18th. For information regarding the event, as well as sponsorship opportunities check out the event's webpage at www.501auctions.com/dasacc

There are sponsorship opportunities as well as ad journal opportunities for businesses.

Michelle O Michelle O
Aug '15

I just saw this post on their fb page: We are in need of alarm clocks, towels, washcloths and pillows for our safe house rooms. We also need twin size bed sets for the beds. If you are able to donate any of these items NEW, please call Pam at 908-453-4121 x313 or email pdrager@dasacc.org. Thank you!

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '15

Re: DASACC Women's Shelter in Washington

There is another option for helping here if you're interested:

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '16

Thanks for posting this @4catmom.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.