Chimney Sweep

I'm looking for someone to sweep my chimney that's not going to try and sell me all the solutions and tell me there's to much creosote. Are there any reliable companies that do this in the area? Thanks in advance.

Tbone Tbone
Aug '15

Up on the roof. They did mine and recently installed a top damper.
The do no upsell and they were very honest and reasonable.

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '15

Thank you 5catmom. I will look into them

Tbone Tbone
Aug '15

I used to work for Assurance Chimney Co. in Lake Hopatcong. The most honest & hard working people you can find. I highly recommend. You can give them my name.

Joyce Polack Joyce Polack
Aug '15

Any other recommendations?

I call Assurance (very polite woman) but their first available slot was on the 25th and I need a cleaning done a bit sooner since I've got an offer on the house and want to clean the chimney before the sale moves forward. Waiting on a call back from Up on the Roof, but I'm guessing they'll all be pretty busy at this time of the year.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '15

Have you tried to call Luna Chimney Sweeps? They are WNTI underwriters and should be listed on their website.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '15

I've used Luna without any problems. Reasonable prices too.

youngen youngen
Sep '15

Actually heard back from Up on the Roof so they'll be out next Tuesday for a $99 clean and inspect service.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '15

Mark - I was very happy with them for two different services. Hope you feel the same.

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '15

Just a follow up - Aaron and Wayne from Up on the Roof are absolutely stand-up honest guys who I wouldn't hesitate to hire for any chimney service.

I've been fighting with a relocation company regarding questionable inspection tactics from other companies, and these guys went to bat for me (above and beyond what I would have ever expected).

110% recommend them to anyone looking for cleaning/repairs.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '15

Mark Mc, thanks for the follow up. I have them scheduled for next week. Since you gave such a good review, I'll stick with them.

Is this the number for up on the roof out of Freehold, NJ (800) 257-2066
Or is there a local number?

Thanks

That number works - they're great

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '15

Bumping to see if there are any new recommendations for getting a chimney sweeped / cleaned out. Usually I get this done earlier so not sure how busy some firms may be at this time of the year.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Nov '17

I bought one of these on Amazon.. It worked like a champ.

https://www.amazon.com/Gardus-RCH205-Sooteater-Chimney-Cleaning/dp/B0010H5JXA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509598829&sr=8-2&keywords=chimney+cleaning+kit

peder hollinghurst peder hollinghurst
Nov '17

I used Up on the Roof again a few months ago - also had them do the dryer vent -
as usual timely, polite, knowledgable, and reasonable (800) 257-2066 and that number may also give a cell number - I can't remember.................

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.