Somewhere to drop off leaves?

Does anybody know where you can drop off leaves? Took them to the dump yesterday and was told we can't drop them off there. I don't want to pay anyone to do it this year.
Thanks!

If you live in Hackettstown they can be placed curbside. The DPW will begin picking them up Tuesday October 13th and will continue until Friday December 4th.

We live in Allamuchy (PV) no leaf removal in here.

Dump them on someone's curb in Hackettstown????

I AM KIDDING!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '15

the woods

brown bear2 brown bear2
Oct '15

The best way to get rid of leaves is to chop them up into tiny pieces with your lawn mower until they disappear . Just keep the discharge chute pushing them towards the middle then go over them until nothing is left . Important to keep up with them each week if you get heavy leaf fall . I used to have a neighbor who used his leaf blower for 3-4 hours at a time to blow the leaves on his lawn into a vacant lot next door . He actually had a riding mower which would've chopped those leaves up in less than half the time without leaving an adjacent lot full of leaves .

Zombo Zombo
Oct '15

Burn them. Cheers

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '15

Do NOT BUrn them....not allowed , you can be ticketed and fined..

Steven Steven
Oct '15

Got a pickup truck? Just dump them in the bed and then go out for a ride. When you return home look in the bed again and they probably will have all blown away!!

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Oct '15

I would talk to local farmers near you and see if they want them. I have local farmers (not in the Hackettstown area) and they take as many as I can give them. I dump 8 to 16 yards of chopped up leaves to them everyday during leaf season. I also give them grass clippings and they turn them and turn them into compost and spread them in their gardens.

M & K M & K
Oct '15

Good day for shooting guns and burning leaves.

Oct '15

I have a friend that raked some leaves and small twigs and placed them in a wheelbarrow. A quick push across SR- 57; on the Hackettstown side, and whilst emptying the leaves among the billions of leaves, a Cop pulls over, and asked what he was dumping?
The friend said,"just leaves!" ..... The cop said,"Just so you know, you are violating the law, by dumping on State Property!" The friend said,"it's only leaves from the trees!".... so....."What difference does it make?" .... "Im only putting leaves back where they probably blew onto my property from!" LOL ...

The ( Washington Twp. / Morris County. ) officer didn't want to hear it, and said,"pick it back up, or I will issue you a summons for dumping trash on State Property!"

I guess the moral of the story .... ( "At the wrong place, at the wrong time!" )
Even though the cop was from another town, I guess he had the right to issue a summons for dumping? ? ?

Embryodad Embryodad
Oct '15

I also live in PV and wish there was a good solution.

I bought a good mulching blade and just blow/rake mine into a pile on the side of my house and run over them with the mower a few times until they are gone (or mostly gone).

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Oct '15

This is one huge problem in PV. No way to get rid of yard debris without hiring someone. Garbage men won't take it and they give us no place to dump it. Instead of a bulk trash day, they should definitely have a yard waste day. For now, I'll just stealthfully take my branches and leaves into the woods. Get with the program PV!

NoHopeForHumanity NoHopeForHumanity
Oct '15

Welcome to the world of shrinking service offerings and a pay to play world. It's only been happening for the last decade.

Oct '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.