Missing African grey parrot :(

Missing African grey parrot :(

Medium sized parrot, grey with red tail. Lost near corner of rockport road and Allen. His name is Leo. Please call if spotted or if u catch him... We miss him. Reward for safe capture. 973-271-7396

Dominick Dominick
Apr '13

So sorry to hear this! If Leo should be able to be approached does he preferred to be be handled by a male or a female?

JessMphone JessMphone
Apr '13

Most likely a male, he will say "step up" or you can say to him. He might be afraid so he might not come to you. You can try to blanket catch him. He'll stay in your house on the back of a chair or something.. He does like to be around people.

Dominick Dominick
Apr '13

Ok, I'm going out for a walk today... Will keep my eyes and ears open for him. Praying for his safe return.

JessMphone JessMphone
Apr '13

Can he fly well? You should hang signs around those apts on Allen Rd.....not sure how many read HL. I have a bird and would die if he got out.......so sorry! I will put it on my facebook page.....that is another way to get the word out

Hastings Hastings
Apr '13

I was away this past week, otherwise I would have been out every day looking for birdie! Are his wings clipped at all, or can he fly as high and as far as he likes? I will look for him this afternoon.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '13

Please let us know if you find him - I will keep my eyes open for Leo. Even if his wings are clipped he can climb a tree and might not know how to get down. I have read that if you put his cage outside it might encourage him to make himself known. When they are in an area they are not familiar with they tend to keep quiet. Good luck.

tree tops tree tops
Apr '13

I emailed Leo's owner this PM. He has not yet been found. We all need to keep our eyes peeled!

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '13

Rebecka/Dominick. Please tell us if his wings were clipped - it makes a difference - if they were clipped he is nearby probably up in a tree or bush. If his wings are not clipped the search area would be much bigger. I also own a bird and would be beside myself if he got out. Praying for a safe return.

tree tops tree tops
Apr '13

I have been through the area every day and been on the lookout. Safe home Leo.

JessMphone JessMphone
Apr '13

Found African Grey in Trenton, NJ

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=185097881642834&set=a.184674361685186.1073741825.184662965019659&type=1&theater

Roxanne
May '13

the 2 pictures don't look similar but who knows when the picture above was taken.....wonder if Dominick has come back to look at this thread since he left his phone #? it certainly is worth checking out

Hastings Hastings
May '13

His wings are not clipped.. Roxanne, thanks for the heads up in Trenton. I'm checking with them If that bird is banded. (worth a shot but it doesn't look like Leo) thanks again..
and everyone else keeping their eyes open for him

Dominnick Dominnick
May '13

About a week ago i unfortunatley saw a dead parrot on Rt 206 in Byram/stanhope on the side of the road. I have no idea if this is the same bird or if it could have flown that far. Im sorry if it is your pet....

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
May '13

Pumpkin43 - can you describe the bird you saw? Approximate size and color would be helpful. African greys are about the size of a homing pidgeon (sp?) Grey feathers with a red tail.

birdlvr birdlvr
May '13

it def had gray feathers and looked similar to the photo in this thread.....I didnt get a great look at it though because i was driving. I was hoping it was a stuffed animal but it def had real feathers....

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
May '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.