Pro Nails (by Piggy's Deli)

Has anyone tried this new nail place?? I've tried most nail places in Hackettstown and no ones too great so I travel to Ledgewood. Would love one close by. Thanks.

An2017 An2017
Mar '17

My mom and I used to go to Wonder Nails that was on Main Street, however, since the fire they don't have a new location. There is Wonder Nails II by Riverside Gym but don't think they are associated with each other. It's a shame because my mom and I both have a gift certificate to the one that was on Main Street but who knows now. Pure Spa on 517 (High Street) is nice. Try them.

Angie White Angie White
Mar '17

I went about a month ago and was not impressed. Pedicure was very basic and took about half the time it takes elsewhere and the french manicure was an absolute mess. Very poor work all around.

scribbler scribbler
Mar '17

Wonder Nails by Riverside Gym was at one time run by a man named Ben. He was the brother of the man who originally had Wonder Nails on Main Street (I forgot his name), but he got married and moved to Florida quite a few years ago where his and Ben's Mom lived. I havn't gone to the place by the Gym in at least 5 years so I don't know who the owner is currently.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Mar '17

It wasn't a great experience for my daughter, but I know people who have been happy. Might depend on the tech?

Jac's mom Jac's mom
Mar '17

Sage Nails in Budd Lake is very clean and relaxing. Staff is very friendly . I ve tried different place and definitely like this the best

Ziggy Ziggy
Mar '17

Jenny at studio nails next to IHOP is the best. She takes her time and my nails last so long when she does them. They never chip.

Tutorgirl
Mar '17

Try coco nails by starbucks in Mansfield I love that place but all depends on the person you get. Make sure you make an appointment though because it gets super busy for a good pedicure I recommend a girl named mayra or maya i forget her name

Soccermom12 Soccermom12
Mar '17

I recently tried Sage on a day that no other place was open. I was really pleased and I'll definitely go back.

I like Coco a lot too, but I don't usually have a lot of notice before having the time to get my nails done, and it's impossible to get in without an appointment.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '17

Try Tulip Nails - next to quick check in Hackettstown (near Shop Rite Liquors) I have been going to Ha for at least 10 years... She is AWESOME!!!!! Book an appointment. you will not be sorry!!!!! Never a wait - and walk out with beautiful nails.

Pro Nails is horrible. I went there once and will never go back. The girl didn't know how to file my nails, etc. I basically did practically everything myself except put the polish on. Don't waste your time or money.

Justsaying Justsaying
Mar '17

Heavenly Nails in Budd Lake

Person1a Person1a
Mar '17

Thank you everyone. I've been to Tulip nails and had a horrific experience. I guess it all depends on who you get. Thanks!

An2017 An2017
Mar '17

Come down to Nikki's Nail Nook in Oxford. Kayla is great.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Mar '17

I'll never understand why people love Coco so much. Sub-par at best & too much chatter going on to relax.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Mar '17

No really a fan...

Unknown
Mar '17

I tried this place a few months ago for a mani-pedi right before my wedding. The polish looked nice and stayed for a while. But they drew blood twice when cutting my cuticles--one on my toe and one on my finger. And not to get too TMI, but the toe got infected and swelled up for a day or two, which was none too fun on my wedding day in heels!

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Mar '17

I've been going to Kevin at Pro Nails since I was 17. (He used to be at Regal Nails in Mount Olive, then he opened up Pro Nails in Budd Lake and now the one in Htown.) I've never had any issues. I usually only go once a month and my nails always last.

Amanda86 Amanda86
Mar '17

Lux + Olive, it's anew non toxic nail SPA, in Hastings Plaza (by the UPS store). It was so relaxing. Don't know the hours, but they have a website and great coupons in valpak!

Angelina Angelina
Apr '17

I think half the population of Hackettstown is in Coco nails right now. But they must be relaxing. It's relatively quiet!

maja2 maja2
Jun '17

I still go to Elim, next to Panera. They lost alot of business when Coco Nails opened, but Elim is still good. Gina is the nail gel expert, and the others do very good manicures and pedicures. They take walk ins. They used to be open on Sundays, which worked for me, but now only Monday - Saturday.

Denise Denise
Jun '17

was at Coco nails last week for mani-pedi - still love the place - clean quiet and serene --
and they use plastic liners - like a giant shower cap - for each new customer - can't get cleaner than that

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '17

I went to Coco on Mother's Day for a pedi and it's still relatively intact. No pedicure lasts as long as the ones I get from Coco.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '17

I have been getting my pedicures at Town Nails on Main Street for over ten years. Was just there three weeks ago. I pulled up today to get a pedicure, only to see all the windows covered over with paper. I was shocked. They said nothing to me the last time I was in. I was very upset about having trying to find a new place.

Anyway, I headed toward Mansfield and saw that Pro Nails was open. The pedicure I got there was not bad at all, although I didn't like it as much as Town Nails. It was also $10 more at their "special" price, $15 more at regular price.

I was very happy, when I got home and tried searching online to find out about Town Nails, to see that the Yelp page said they are temporarily closed and will reopen September 11th. I guess they are just renovating or something. Thank goodness! I'm really wondering why they didn't mention it though since I'm a regular customer, who comes in every three weeks all year long.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '17

That is good news! I found out yesterday Town Nails were closed and was disappointed.

happycamper happycamper
Aug '17

I regularly go to Town Nails and hope they re-open too. But I can't help but wonder . . . over the last couple of years it really seems like business has fallen off for them. The last few times it seemed like just the family there, when they used to have a few girls working. I wonder if this is like Mezza House being "closed for renovations, open soon!" I do hope not.

I was going to stop by for a pedicure tomorrow, in fact. I guess I'll have to try some other place.

Aquarius Aquarius
Aug '17

Sage Nails in Budd Lake - won't go anywhere else

Sammy`s mom
Aug '17

Town nails will be re opening after September 5th, doing a lot of renovations

Sally Jo
Aug '17

Thanks Sally.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '17

How do you know, Sally Jo?

Aquarius Aquarius
Aug '17

Because I was in there the other day, and if you walk by and peek through the paper, you can see them doing work inside

Sally Jo
Aug '17

I can tell where NOT to go... Paradise Spa in Randolph!!! I went there 3 weeks ago, and told the girl as she filing and filing and filing, that it was starting to get hot and please stop. She smiled and tried to continue until I pulled my hand away and said, "stop, your're hurting me"! She then quickly put the gel on, painted them and I left... 3 days later, the nails started to break and separate. I decided to wait until I couldn't take it any longer and went to Coco Nails in town, across from the old Quick Chek. The girl there said my own nails were so damaged from over filing that she had to cut the length and go really thick on the gel. I left very happy, but I am putting the word out to stay away from Paradise!

Happier Happier
Aug '17

Been there a few times.....felt rushed. The gel lifted and decided to try elsewhere. Jenny is wonderful unfortunately she is no longer at Studio Nails. Linda is there and so far she's good to try.

shorty shorty
Aug '17

Thanks, Sally Jo. I also saw the work ongoing inside, but I didn't see a date for reopening and only the phone number was still on window, no name. I was wondering if maybe it is reopening as something else.

Aquarius Aquarius
Aug '17

Town Nails is no more. Ruby's Day Spa opening next week. Same phone number but under new ownership.

hickory dog hickory dog
Aug '17

hickory dog - Thanks for the info. I'm so sad. Do you have any info on Ruby's?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I just saw the handwritten sign on the front window and called the number. The lady that answered said "new owner, open next week."

hickory dog hickory dog
Sep '17

I'm sad too. But I suspected as much when the name had been stripped from the window. :-(

Aquarius Aquarius
Sep '17

I'm trying to figure out where to go now. A friend recommended Elegant Nails in P'burg. Far for the H'town people, but about the same for me as Town Nails was. Another friend recommended Nails by Diana in Washington. I think I will try Washington first since it's closer to me.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.