NYC Chinatown For Lunch

I plan to go this Tuesday. I will be on Chambers Street. Any recommendations? Good value?

Royal Seafood103 Mott Street, between Hester and Canal St.

Bit of a walk though - chambers is not in Chinatown

http://www.explorechinatown.com/PDF/chinatownNyc_fullmap.pdf

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Peking Duck House, 28 Mott Street. Delicious!

Eperot Eperot
Apr '17

Thanks. Anyone else?

It's close to a mile hike to Chinatown, much through those financial canyons (sunless)....Given the weather, you might want to consider going over to the Hudson and dining there. Lots of places, many with outside seating, but can be somewhat yuppie and sometimes tourist filled. Just use the tunnel under the WTC to get across the West Side Hwy or do what I often do ---- park there to begin with so your car is ready for you after lunch... Or better yet, take the ferry.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '17

I concur - park in harrison - take the path in or Hoboken ferry.

skippy skippy
Apr '17

I am going in through WTC Path.

Any other suggestions for good affordable food from Chambers to WTC?

well, not walking distance ... probably 7 miles ... and you probably don't want to go if you're alone because the portions are huge ... but if you wanted to hop on the b train ... then you can go to carmine's

ken e
Apr '17

carmines on metropolitan? Stage door is 26 Vesey St - very touristy stuff in that area nothing cheap - you can go to Mortons 136 Washington St. if you want steak.

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Ecco on Chambers between Broadway and Church Street, excellent Italian food.

kb2755 kb2755
Apr '17

The place(s) I mentioned are "across the street" from the WTC. The "" are because it's a Dallas-sized across the street but you can do it in the brandy-new tunnels underneath. On the river there's everything from food-courts, to outside venues to places I can not afford.....Think you're looking for about 200 Vesey Street, restaurants include: Le District, Hudson Eats, and Brookfield Place. These are the food court types, plenty of non food court places too. Enjoy the river, hopefully eat outside, watch the joggers and bikers and people from out of town.

Sorry about poor instructions, I do it by memory, I drive in, park right next to the place and then walk to the Financial District for business. Although I hope to ferry in sometime this Spring to renew my 9/11 memories, perhaps do the tower, and ---- dine on the river in the sunshine finding a spot that's a sun trap!

Like I said, there's a tunnel from the WTC right inside the door of this place which is a huge office building, might be Goldman now, with a mall on the first floor. Do what I do, just ask the guard at the door of the WTC for tunnel instructions, no don't buy tickets or wait in line to go to the roof, and enjoy the walk. Got to be the cleanest tunnel in the world, even has guards! And like 6 escalators wide to cover the commuters. Won't find any history here though, like C-town, because it's all new-ish.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '17

Whoa! I'm talking about a cheap or affordable lunch - no steak, no sit down long Italian meal.

Sticky’s Finger Joint Maiden Ln between Nassau St & Liberty Pl - its right near the Federal Reserve. Try the truffle fries

skippy skippy
Apr '17

I thought you were looking for lunch in Chinatown?

eperot eperot
Apr '17

I think he thought he was going to BE in Chinatown.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '17

Best place is Wu Hop downstairs.
Mott Street(?) just past the Unification School/Church.
Careful- there's a WU Hop upstairs and a Wu Hop downstairs.
You want downstairs.
Short on atmosphere ( you'll think you're on the set of a Charlie Chan movie) , but long on eats. BYOB.
Never know what Rock-n-Roller might be at the next table.

Stymie Stymie
Apr '17

"Forget it Iman, it's Chinatown."

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Apr '17

OMG I love Wo Hop downstairs too! Been years since I've been there - glad it's still good!

I concur on woo hop - awesome place

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Wo Hop!! Used to go there all the time!

gM456 gM456
Apr '17

So what did you end up eating?

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Oh man, Wo Hop brings back memories...a greasy dive of a Chinese place but it was a go to spot for my college buddy and me many years go.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '17

Ho Yip - value

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.