Hackettstown Pool Swim Lessons

Who has done them (I have a 4 yr old I want to sign up somewhere)? I've been calling around to different places and this is definitely the cheapest .. buuuut cheap is sometimes not the best although, I do factor it in!

missymiss missymiss
Jun '17

Real Swimming lessons at Hackettstown pool start at age 5.
Before 5, they do mom and me and water safety.
Randolph YMCA does early age lessons, with flotation devices.

North Jersey Aquatics has lessons for 4 year olds. Locally, lessons are offered at Panther Valley Country Club. I'm considering signing up my 4 year old daughter.

http://www.northjerseyaquatics.com/

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Jun '17

I highly recommend North Jersey Aquatics as well. Leighann is a fantastic instructor.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '17

Hackettstown Pool charges a low fee because their goal as a public pool is to provide a life skill that people can enjoy for a lifetime. Profit is not a goal.

All lessons are American Red Cross courses of study/ standards and the staff is very good.

nodope
Jun '17

They will let 4 year olds do level 1 especially if they are close to 5. If they aren't able to do the level, they will tell you and allow you to move to mommy and me. All of my kids have done lessons there and all are great swimmers for a reasonable rate.

Hackpool mom Hackpool mom
Jun '17

Do they ever let 4 year olds do higher level classes? My daughter has been in NJAC for 2 years and is a level 2 swimmer. I was planning on doing the pool lessons for the summer.

Njchia Njchia
Jun '17

Does anyone know what the cost for lessons at the pool are if you're not a member vs member? And when do they start? I think the pool opens this weekend, right?

Sandy Sandy
Jun '17

Lessons start the 26, $25 for member $50 for non member. Pool opens saturday.

Njchia Njchia
Jun '17

Hey everybody, for info on swim lessons and more follow Hackettstown communitybpool on Facebook!

Sandy - non members are $50 per session. Which runs three weeks each.

NJchia - you can ask them to test your daughter's ability. They will place her where they feel she belongs. The age ranges varies.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '17

Thanks! That's what I was hoping for rather than just blindly placing her. She's definitely either a level 2 or 3. Probably 2 according to the Red Cross rankings.

Njchia Njchia
Jun '17

Ok pool users - I was wondering if there is a pool nearby that it open early in the mornings for adults swimming for exercise? Do you think there is any interest/possibility of having that be possible at Hackettstown pool? At present, to my understanding, the pools are used for lessons in the mornings - open swim in the afternoons into the evenings - if it's really warm out and the pool is heavily used, lap swimming is not possible - and by the evening, the pool is kind of yucky if heavily used.... any ideas?

pmnsk pmnsk
Jun '17

These instructors are FANTASTIC.
Have your child evaluated if not yet 5.

Years ago 96? 97? Hackettstown Pool used to have a morning lap swim for adults, as long as the sun was up so the lifeguard could see. They charged a fee to cover the lifeguard's pay. I used to go over at 6:30 and still be able to make it to work on time. They could probably do it again if enough interest.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '17

My kids learned the basics of swimming at the Hackettstown pool and I agree with all who have said the instructors are great. But a two week class does not a swimmer make. I went with them almost every day to reinforce what they learned. They need to practice what they were taught. By the end of that summer they were excellent swimmers, but you can't expect the kids to be Olympic swimmers after two weeks of lessons.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Jul '17

Do you pay 50 each month or is only for a week?

Casandra Casandra
Jul '19

Three weeks is 50

Can anyone give me the number I can call to sign up my son for swimming lessons.

johanna johanna
Jul '19

Casandra - $50 (for non members) coveres a 3 week session. The 3 week session has 15 lessons at 30 minutes each.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jul '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.