Missing BJ's package

10/21 UPS supposedly delivered a package to my address to Water Street, Vienna NJ - however - the package never showed up. For some reason Water Street Vienna shows up as Hackettstown on a GPS - I am pretty sure my BJ's package containing 3 packs of tissue paper was delivered to someone on Water Street in Hackettstown. If you received this package can you please just let me know so that I can properly address it with UPS? Hey, if you need 3 packages of tissue paper by all means keep it, but if you want to do the right thing then please let me know you have it and I will gladly pick it up. I use it for packing my pottery - so I had to buy more, sigh - I hate the GPS tracking system for Vienna. Thanks in advance - Kath

Kathleen Nolan Kathleen Nolan
Oct '22

Strange. Looks like the Vienna post office is right down the street on Water Street. Have you checked with your post office first to see how they address your mail. It should be the same for UPS. I also noticed on the Google map that water Street is also called Petersburg Road further down. Could this be confusing UPS.
I don’t know what GPS service you’re using. But on Google map, water Street in Vienna shows up in Independence Township not Hackettstown.
This could be a case of a driver who covers Hackettstown all the time and as soon as he saw water Street, that’s where he went. Lazy mistake? Of course, if not, I guess the only thing you need to do is contact UPS to clear things up. Best of luck. Happy Halloween.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Oct '22

Kathleen Nolan

I'd guess that if you take your number and put it into google maps as that address, but in Hackettstown proper, zip code 07840, you'd come up with the house it was actually delivered to. Not sure if showing up there and ringing their bell to ask if they had accidentally received it ( in case they aren't on here), but that may be a way to go...

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '22

Hi, thanks for your response - We have lived here for 45 years and when I go to google maps it goes to this map - Yes, the map itself is correct as far as the property outlines but take a look at the address they attach to it. https://goo.gl/maps/vyr4ToPc8w19NBWq8

The post office is literally less than 2 blocks away, and for that reason, we cannot get mail at our home, we have a post office box and have to go to get our mail every day. I checked with them on Saturday - one of the additional problems is the USPS has limited the times the post office in Vienna is open. It is only open from 8 to 12 so even if ups wanted to deliver there they could be closed after 12.

I have even called the USPS in Trenton to tell them of the situation and there is nothing they can do. I am not sure why your google maps come up in Vienna but if you go to my link (I promise this is not a scam, I got the link from the google site) you will see that is changed the address to Hackettstown. I even have a problem getting my husband's medicine from the VA because my shipping address and mailing address have to be different as the mail doesn't come to the house. Believe me, this has been a thorn in my side.

Yes, I have checked with the post office and they say "I can use" PO Box, then the 23 Water - but that doesn't work because shippers say they can't use a PO Box and since I have to put the PO box first it doesn't work. I took a ride to water street Hackettstown but it appears there are no low numbers - so no it's o.k. I'm not going to knock on doors. I am not sure what someone will do with 900 sheets of tissue paper though, lol

Can't use Petersburg Rd cause that is RD Hackettstown - sigh

I cannot put Independence Township AND get this one....I have trouble with Shop Right delivery at home. Now here is a dilly, SR delivers to Hackettstown, they deliver to Great Meadows but they don't deliver to Vienna - they have to go through Vienna to get to Great Meadows - you see my dilemma? So I talked to the SR Manager and they said to use a Great Meadows address instead of Vienna (that actually worked)

Sorry for the long post - one final thing - Yes, I talked to BJ's and got the direct number for UPS - can you believe it goes to BJ's UPS number, that was no help. I appreciate your posts - thanks. The main reason I want to know where the package went (like I said they can keep the paper) was to report the problem once again to USPS and to understand what I can do in the further to avoid the problem. Have a great day.

Oct '22

The world of zipcodes is pretty fascinating and can be crazy.
On the USPS website I put your address in and it comes back with:
23 WATER ST
VIENNA NJ 07880

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

So that is a good address according to USPS, and should be good for other delivery services.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '22

Try using the physical address of the post office first followed by # (your post office box). That’s what we do for our Hackettstown PO Box when we have a package coming

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '22

Re: Missing BJ's package

@Kathleen:
See my post above. Note: that the carrier route for 23 Water Street, Vienna, NJ 07880 is shown as: CARRIER ROUTE R777

23 Water Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840 is CARRIER ROUTE R005

^ these two items are from the USPS website. Who actually delivers your mail? The postal carrier from Vienna or Hackettstown?

As you said there are no low numbers on Water Street in Hackettstown.

I guess Google uses the PO source for addressing. Attached is a screenshot of my Google choices when i enter 23 Water St. Choosing anyone one of them takes me to the same location, in theory nothing should be delivered incorrectly...?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '22

Try using the physical address of the post office first followed by # (your post office box). That’s what we do for our Hackettstown PO Box when we have a package coming. It was their suggestion

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '22

OnTheEdge

Vienna doesn't deliver mail..they don't have a delivery route..she picks her mail up at the post office

Bug3
Oct '22

@BUG3:
I am replying out of curiosity....
So, are you saying Vienna PO doesn't deliver any mail? What Kathleen said was, "The post office is literally less than 2 blocks away, and for that reason, we cannot get mail at our home, we have a post office box and have to go to get our mail every day." which is a lille different.
The CARRIER ROUTE 777 came from USPS.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '22

OnTheEdge..The Vienna post office is like the Allamuchy post office..its just for the hamlet of vienna...no mail delivery..they just have PO boxes...now get this..the Great Meadows post office is about a mile away from the Vienna post office but the People around the Vienna post office who get delivery..get their mail from Hackettstown....its one big mess if you can't get mail delivery if you want UPS or others to deliver a package

Bug3
Oct '22

Bug3 - now you see my problem, it is one big mess. I am waiting for the day they eliminate the Vienna Post Office altogether, they shortened the hours for window service to 1/2 day. We can get mail at our house provided we change our address to RD Hackettstown. My next-door neighbor who is 25 now has a mailbox. It's just a matter of time. The funny part is we run a business here and don't have any issues with those deliveries, it's just ups - Amazon knows me by memory.

I appreciate all your comments - it sure is confusing, you guys checked all the things I didn't know how to so what could have possibly happened to the package? Unless one of my local neighbors has it, but we have several new people in the area I don't know their names and I am sure they don't know mine, maybe tomorrow it will show up. In any case thank you ALL Just as an FYI and to put BJ's in good light, they refunded my money and I was able to reorder and have it shipped to the store, I picked up my packing tissue yesterday - tada!

Oct '22

Hi All - I believe Ziggy has the solution I need - Our new post office lady Diane said the UPS driver for my area has a habit of NOT bringing the package to the porch and leaving it on the sidewalk - well that just opens another can of worms since cars pass this way to go to 80 - if it was left by the side of the road it's GONE, never to be seen again. So we are still researching where it was left.

Diane also said to avoid him leaving packages by the sidewalk send them to the Post Office at 7 Water Street, PO Box 7, Vienna NJ (ironic that the # of the post office is 7) - I am trying this, wish me luck, and thanks for your response

Oct '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Missing BJ's package
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.