I need to know more about paper shredding event

I can't seem to pull up the full information off the town calendar as to where the paper shredding event is going to be held by our local Rotary Club in April looks like 22nd and is it still $5 a bag?
Thank you for all your feedback.

Outdoor Women Outdoor Women
Apr '23

Here is some information on the Hackettstown Rotary webpage. Yes, it is $5 per bag.

https://www.hackettstownrotary.org/

Do you have to be a Hackettstown resident for the event? Thank you for the link.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '23

DogDayAfternoon No you DO NOT have to be a resident of Hackettstown. This is a "fund raiser" for the Rotary of Hackettstown.

Bernie Bernie
Apr '23

OUTDOOR WOMEN Hackettstown has a "shredding day" of its own in June

Bernie Bernie
Apr '23

No. The shredding is a fundraising event for the Rotary. Come one come all!

As far as the electronic recycling taking place along with the shredding event, that is conducted by Abilities of Northwest Jersey.

That information is as follows:

https://abilitiesnw.com/electronics-recycling-sustainabilities/

Excellent. Thank you for clarifying.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '23

Well that shredding event was a waste of time. Spent two days packing bags and showed up BEFORE 11 (They were supposed to be until NOON) and she said they were filled up and didn't anticipate a response. Great. Had to bring it all back home and wasted my morning. Cars were pulling in and then out, so they could have made a lot more money.

DogDayAfternoon
Apr '23

If someone has any details on another shredding event, please post the info. I have tons of stuff to shred.

Consigliere
Apr '23

Hackettstown is having a "shredding" day in June. Look on their website.

Bernie Bernie
Apr '23

We are very sorry for your disappointment and frustration. It’s very understandable. We had an incredible, early turnout for today’s Rotary shredding event. We take the documents entrusted to us for shredding very seriously, and based on what we had remaining to shred, and on the advice of our Shred-it representative who was monitoring the capacity of the truck, we made the difficult decision to stop accepting any new material to shred.
We will be sure to update the promotional materials for our fall shredding event to make it clear that we will be open from 9am until 12 noon - or until the truck is full. Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize again for any inconvenience. - Hackettstown Rotary Club

Hackettstown Rotary Hackettstown Rotary
Apr '23

I was there around 10:15 a.m. It was very organized and I was moved swiftly through the line. Thank you, Rotarians, for providing this event every year. I'm sure you learn something each year that helps to make this more & more successful and how to run it with less difficulties. Next time... Bigger truck. Smiley face.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Apr '23

Perhaps next year in the information and details released prior to the event include a disclaimer regarding "selling out" and offer a voucher for later use for folks.

Sounds like a successful event for sure.

Anyone know of a shred event coming up?

Grapes
July 8th

Re: I need to know more about paper shredding event

Octobe, 2024 free shredding at Mansfield Twp Public Works. See attached flyer.

Or the UPS store charges by the pound

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: I need to know more about paper shredding event
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.