Rite aid closing

They said in 3 weeks they will be closing. I remember when we had 2 rite aids for a short time

Hi, which Rite Aid? Belvidere? Noooooooo!

Yeah, which Rite Aid?

Askingit
Aug '23

The Hackettstown store is closing September 1st I believe.

Nallie Nallie
Aug '23

That sucks shop there all the time. They just remodeled the inside not that long ago.

Weather Buff
Aug '23

...if I don't mention the town I'm talking about hackettstown. This is hackettstown life....

More abandoned buildings

Philliesman Philliesman
Aug '23

DH said:
...if I don't mention the town I'm talking about hackettstown. This is hackettstown life....

Congratulations DH..... You win the "Common Sense" award of the posts on this thread.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '23

I guess you can’t just open a big cvs without consequences for other pharmacies

Consigliere
Aug '23

Whole Foods will take over the site. (I heard it on the 'grape vine')

Bring it on ! Whole Foods !

Happy foods Happy foods
Aug '23

Horrible in and out !! Really bad spot…
Whole Foods at old Marshall’s by Lowe’s would be perfect…

Iloveflowers Iloveflowers
Aug '23

Yes, Whole Foods :)

Are folks really going along with the silliness of a Whole Foods coming to this area?
Since Amazon owns Whole Foods why not just order the (overpriced) items online?

The sarcasm of EVV's "grapevine" was pretty obvious Greg. No one really believes a Whole Foods nearby. Look at all the complaints of the prices at the store that came in for A&P. That place looked dirt cheap compared to a Whole Foods. The population density and raw space required means Whole Foods has no interest. We all know that.

I heard Trader Joe’s

Philliesman Philliesman
Aug '23

If anything, ( Aldi's) would be a great market to have here ( In the immediate Hackettstown Area ). Great produce and Le$$ costly than the others in this area.
Recently, we shopped the Aldi's in Rockaway on 46, and what we bought, at $71.00
at that store, we compared the items with ShopRite Mansfield... and with Walmart in
Mansfield, and the Prices totaled at ~ $121.00 +- at Walmart, and ShopRite, $138.00 +- for the same or better quality of products or better.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '23

Really sorry to see it go. The pharmacists there are super nice and the store always had an interesting assortment of seasonal goods.

Wendy Wendy
Aug '23

Needs something with fewer cars in and out. Maybe medical/office?

Aldi's was approached to go in next to the new CVS on Main St and turned it down. Before that, they were approached to go in the old Marshall's next to Lowes and weren't interested. Businesses have to want to come here.

Jim L. Jim L.
Aug '23

Maybe they don't see a big enough customer base.

ole' timer
Aug '23

I’ve lived here over 10 years and never went to that Rite Aid one time. Still sad to see another local business closing.

Pho lover Pho lover
Aug '23

Rite Aid is closing in several states.

Just my opinion. But I think it could be the exorbitant amount of rent these property owners are asking. There has to be an explanation why small and large businesses come and go so frequently in this area. I can’t believe it’s bad management with all of them. How can any business survive if their rent exceeds their profits. I think there’s not enough business to pay the rent.

auntiel auntiel
Aug '23

I went there for my prescriptions for years and never had a problem, and the pharmacists were very nice too.
The only problem was the location, it was so difficult to get out of their parking lot with the traffic. Sorry to see them go!

concerned
Aug '23

I agree high rent in this area offset by low foot traffic is what kills businesses here and causes others not to come. This isn’t and will never be Morris county. All we get are gas stations and fast food joints.

Nathan Nathan
Aug '23

Is Rite Aid by Shop Rite, or on Mt. Avenue?

Hackresident Hackresident
Aug '23

Rite Aid is on Mountain Avenue by the IHOP

Pho lover Pho lover
Aug '23

I found out about the RiteAid closing when I called to see if my automatic refill was available. Walgreens answered my phone call which was a surprise( and had me confused). They offered to contact my doctor but it would have been nice for RiteAid to give a heads-up to customers, a few weeks ago, so we could plan ahead.
I wonder where the closest one is.

I stopped into Rite Aid a few days before they closed and they said we are all supposed to get a letter in the mail telling us where our prescriptions were transferred to. I have yet to receive my letter. I think they should have let us know before they actually closed.

abc123
Sep '23

If you look through this thread above, you can see that it has been discussed for over two weeks. I don't know if WRNJ reported on it, but this is an example of why we need local news information readily available.
I also saw this reported on the Hackettstown forums on FB. One informed me that I could get a printout of my vaccine history if I went there and asked, which I did, and which they were nicely printed for me.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '23

Riding by the empty parking lot today showed me how busy it actually was.

I actually got a letter from them today that told me all prescriptions were transferred the the Walgreen's at the corner of Rt. 57 & Newburg/Allen Rds.

I don't even remember having picked up a prescription there. Go figure.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '23

I haven't had any current prescriptions with Rite Aid for years. Ever since the CVS opened up on Main Street, since it's so much closer to my house. But I received a letter from Walmart yesterday informing me that my prescriptions & history have been transferred to the store located in Mansfield on Route 57.
So, I would think that those who are concerned about their current prescriptions will get the same information.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '23

My wife and I got the same letter, and we have only ever been in the store to get Covid boosters. I'm sure they're sending it out to anyone whose name is in their records for any reason at all.

Monty Monty
Sep '23

WRNJ said a couple of days ago that Rite Aid may be going bankrupt soon due to many lawsuits about opiods.

Rbilly Rbilly
Sep '23

About RiteAid closures, 400-500 closing due to bankruptcy:
https://www.nj.com/business/2023/09/rite-aid-to-close-400-to-500-stores-in-bankruptcy.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Sep '23

https://www.nj.com/business/2023/10/rite-aid-files-for-bankruptcy-amid-plans-to-close-hundreds-of-stores.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Rite aid closing
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.