Junk Removal Service

I'm starting this topic because all the information on here is years old.
I would like to find someone who I can hire to come in and remove a lot of "junk" I have accumulated in my house, basement, and shed. I need someone who will carry the stuff for me. I have mattresses, air conditioners, a small sofa, microwave, humidifier, a couple tvs, etc. A fine mixture of 50 years of life in one house.
I also want someone I can trust that will definitely take it to the landfill and not just dump it somewhere in the woods.
I'm having a "spring cleaning" mood a little late.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '23

Hi, Lonesome Dove.
Looking for the same thing.

Me too!!

happycamper happycamper
Sep '23

Check classified in HL, under services.

Richard Petrick. He's advertised in the classifieds. I thought he was a good worker with fair prices.

janet gray janet gray
Sep '23

Re: Junk Removal Service

About 4 years ago, we moved and downsized. We found a junk hauler with a dump truck we filled twice with stuff. I believe we found him in the Pennysaver rag you see at supermarkets and such. He was reasonable and prompt but unfortunately it was a cash transaction and I have no data to forward to you.

Me three!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Sep '23

I hear radio commercials all the time for-

1-800-GOT-JUNK

or College Guys Hauling Junk.

Can't speak to either of them...but they have been around for years...

First, rent a dumpster and have it on site. Then, take your time and fill it up. Air conditioners contain Freon and has to be removed before trashing and it isn't free. The dumpster rental will let you know what can be tossed in.

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Sep '23

I'm getting ready to move "stuff" out also - not junk but just stuff - some new; some not and maybe some furniture too. If somebody has used 1-800-Got-JUNK or College Guys Hauling Junk what was your experience and were they reliable. I know everybody's experience is different. Thank you!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Sep '23

I am also cleaning out because I will be moving. I have called the veterans' donations site and have a pickup scheduled for next month. https://pickupplease.org.
I am also in contact with restore in Washington and they do pickups for furniture. You can go on those 2 sites and see what items they accept. Happy cleaning out!

subaru subaru
Sep '23

We used 1-800-GOT-JUNK? several times. They were very professional, but a bit on the pricey side. You may be better off using some of subaru's suggestions.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Sep '23

Robert Arno
Oxford • 17 hr ago •
Anyone feeling the need for junk removal? Perhaps, you have furniture you'd like to move in the garage and clear space? Whatever the reason, my uncle can help and provide you with a free estimate and fair price. My cell phone number is 908-319-9837.

Have a wonderful day!!
Robert Arno

Saw this on Next Door.

GreatMeadows GreatMeadows
Sep '23

I just used 1-800 I Got Junk. Very nice guys and did the job quickly. However, it cost $200 plus tax to remove one large sofa. I thought the price was a bit high.

Joyce Polack Joyce Polack
Oct '23

Well... what's the cost to bring it to the dump yourself?

If I am not mistaken- a pickup is flat rate is $40 at Oxford on a weekend.

If you don't have your own truck- and own muscle to move it-

You paid for a company- that needs a website, advertising, employees, vehicles, commercial insurance on the business buildings, employees, vehicles, and SOOO much more.

Businesses / companies aren't making anywhere near what people think they are making on a case by case basis.

Most 'successful' ones that show impressive numbers do it in sheer volume.

No offense to you- just a commentary for everyone- if you think you can do it better- for less- go for it.

Nobody is stopping anyone from starting their own business.

Anyone that has the balls to start their own business- and spends the time and money to do so- understands there is a value to that.

Sure- you could have paid a guy around the corner- who has a truck- to do it for you... so you could have done that.

If it cost him $40 at the dump + his gas, his time, his truck, his back.... what's his worth cost?

For metal, I used a gent who was listed in the classified here, and recommended in a thread I can no longer find. He was close, like north of Mt. Olive.

It was free.

Maybe someone with better skills can find it.

babbit babbit
Oct '23

Bobby is the local guy who lives in Allamuchy and picks up scrap items.

He's a great guy. He does not have a current ad in the classifieds but often does.

Hi, I take scrap metal that is no longer needed. I take washers, dryers, air conditioners, mowers, car batteries and anything metal. I also buy junk cars. Any questions please call Bobby at 973 786 5559. Please leave your number so I can call you back. Thank you

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Junk Removal Service
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.