Upholsterer

Besides the one in town and the one who is no longer in town (Hackettstown), has anyone used -
The Upholstery Shop - Budd Lake
Steven & Sons - Netcong
Moore's Upholstery - Denville

Any of these or any other suggestions nearby for great craftsmanship and price/value? Already have the material. Need to reupholster a loveseat, ottoman and chair. They are in great condition, sectional piece style, family pieces. They are being passed down and need to be "refreshed."

I am going to call those places listed above for quotes but am hoping to hear first-hand experience & about other places nearby.

TY!!!

Three Bees Plus Three Bees Plus
Oct '23

The owner at From Me to You Consignment shop on Main Street recommended someone on Naughright Rd. for upholstering. She has used him several times and was very happy. I forgot his name, but I'm sure you could ask at the shop.

I am also interested in finding someone good as I have several more chairs that need work.

My kid (somehow) ripped a couch cushion so I also need a good recommendation. It’s a sectional sofa that’s around 10 years old so I’m afraid the new material won’t match the old material. Maybe they can mend the fabric that’s already on there?

Consigliere
July 13th

Very possible. If you can take the cushion to a shop that is best. In the event it can't be repaired perhaps having the cushions upholstered in a complimentary fabric would work. For example if the current fabric is something like a chenille or similar, a nice leather accent on the cushions could work. Obviously there are lots of options. I guess what I'm saying is all is not lost if it can't be repaired satisfactorily.

If it is an area that can't travel easily contact a quality furniture showroom. They will have folks that conduct repairs in the field. You could also try Luce here in town. They use a workroom that may have a mobile person as well.

Thanks, Greg!

Consigliere
July 15th

Budd Lake Shop plus 1

Babbit Babbit
July 16th

I just had two chairs and an ottoman reupholstered with Steven and Sons in Netcong and I couldn't be more happy with their work. They picked up and then delivered the furniture back to my home when they were done and were very easy to work with. The chairs look like new, as does the ottoman. I highly recommend them.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Upholsterer
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.