Coming "La Casa del Taco"

Coming

In Mansfield Shoprite shopping center. Photo attached.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
March 4th

What is that?

BERNIE BERNIE
March 4th

Mexican restaurant (says on sign).

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
March 4th

Thanks for the info.

BERNIE BERNIE
March 4th

Bernie - La Casa del Taco- translates- the house of taco

Hmm I hope they serve Gelato here.

Gelato Fan Gelato Fan
March 4th

and within 1,000 yards of Taco Bell. What could go wrong with that?

Location, location, location......

Hope they got a great rental price.

babbit babbit
March 5th

Wow, thanks for that translation, Josh

Weedwacker Weedwacker
March 5th

It's actually "The HOME of THE Taco", literally translated...

ianimal ianimal
March 6th

Ian

While "home" is one direct translation of "casa", "house" is also (among other things).

The actual translation of the phrase is more likely to be "The Taco House".

Spanish often uses more terms to get to the same place than English does. They could have used "hogar" or other terms that also mean "home", but "la casa" is more often used to mean "the house", rather than "the home", as opposed to "mi casa", where it still is more often used to just mean "my house". The Spanish meaning of homes at least using "casa", in most occasions I've ever seen it used, is more on the order of stating "Kevnanian homes", rather than meaning directly "a home to, or of".

Dang that's harder to explain than I thought it would be. Hope it made sense.

Phil D. Phil D.
March 6th

Huh...wonder if they'll sell tacos?

highpitch
March 9th

Probably better than Taco Bell. I don't think they'd even have to try that hard.

Re: Coming

Grand opening March 15th

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
March 11th

Just in time for St. Paddy's Day! LOL

They have a website, but none of the links for menu items are functional yet.
For what it’s worth, here’s the website.

https://www.taquerialacasadeltaco.com

Local Gal Local Gal
March 11th

Good day Hackettstown community! La Casa delTaco restaurant on 1965 Route 57 (Allen Road) inMansfield Township, NJ will open this Friday,March 15. Come visit us and enjoy somescrumptious food from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

La casa del taco res La casa del taco res
March 14th

Awesome! Can't wait to try it!

Good luck!!!!

Best of luck to you! Congrats.

DogDayAfternoon
March 15th

Buena Suerte!

Phil D. Phil D.
March 15th

I don't have a long restaurant review, but we went there and had Birria, Chorizo, and Steak tacos. They were very good and reasonably priced. I wish them success.

Good to hear, Rich. I liked the sound of the Chorizo taco when I read the menu.

Thank you so much for your all of your support, La casa del taco restaurant hopes to continue giving us the opportunity to continue serving you as you deserve.

March 17th

I greatly appreciate a restaurant being active in a thread about their restaurant.

I plan on trying your place out with my wife soon.

Any peanuts, tree nuts, or sesame in the restaurant?

Also the vegetarian options. Any animal stock in the rice/beans?

not sack
March 17th

Thank you Josh, we are waiting for you here to give you good service

March 17th

Hello, NO DESPEDIR the vegetarian option does not include anything with meat.

March 17th

Extremely colorful decor. Very nice woman working behind the counter.
I found the music too loud for my comfort though. Hope they will lower it a little.

happiest girl
March 18th

I'm ready....Be there soon

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
March 18th

Hello, happiest girl, I'm very sorry that the music is too loud. I promise to lower the sound on the TV next visit.

March 18th

I take back my previous comment. They could be next door to TBell; it's TBell that's too close! It was great.

Congrats on the opening and best luck.

BrownEyesGuy We are waiting for you to give you good service

March 19th

babbit- I don't think anyone is cross shopping a real Mexican restaurant with Taco Bell.

Josh,

Had friends from ca in 60’s and am an early east coast convert to mexican, love it all.

In college, I worked an all night call center before 1-800 was prevalent. We worked all night 7 to 7 on Fridays, then caught a buzz, headed to jack in the box, got mexican, drove home to wake at 7 pm and be waking up round midnight to be life of party saturday night. Was a dish rag on monday but it was the college boy life.

I like all mexican, tex mex, and even fast food like TBell. Myself, I excel at vegetarian tacos, can fool anyone, but also world class unique quesadilla's like you’ve never had, and vegetarian tex mex soup. On the meat side, pretty good but my burrito supremes are, well, supreme. Learned those from a Texas transplant, secret is the baking, he used the pizza oven. My speed fajitas are very tasty, but so fast, so fresh.

I cook some normal stuff weird like tuna noodle casserole where I make my own mushroom soup sauce with lots of wine. But I still like fast food sometimes.

I still like taco bell once in a blue moon . Just as I like a big mac once or twice a year. And while I think Star Tavern has the best pizza in NJ, and NJ has the best pizza in the world, I just discovered and like Dominoes.

I can’t explain it, seems wrong to me, but there it is.

thank you all for the support I am very grateful for giving me the opportunity to provide you with a service we will always have the strength for you beautiful people

March 19th

good...

zentravl zentravl
March 21st

Babbitt….here’s a pic of the last thin crust pizza I got from Dominis. It was black and burnt to a crisp. Needless to say, it was my last. Went in the trash. And the manager refused to even see the pic, and refused to replace it

Local Gal Local Gal
March 21st

That pizza is nasty... I'd be pissed enough to drive to the store and force the manager to deal with it.

Josh….. the manager said the thin and crispy pizza is supposed to be well done on the edges!!! Haha

Local Gal Local Gal
March 21st

Wow, sorry. Hard to believe since they use a conveyor oven with timing. Needed manager once for system issue with gift card. She was nice and did it manually after web site failed. And then spiffed me on some garlic knots.

If I went through what you did, LG, I would tell as many as I could. My rule, burn me once and I will take ten sales.

I will skip this weeks 50% off in your honor, but will go back since like the guy falling off the ten story building reporting out at floor five: “so far, so good.” Thanks again since if that happens to me, I will go in prepared.

Still love StarTavern the best.

@Babbit

Bonvini's (Livingston) was the greatest pizza on the planet, let alone just NJ. But they closed their doors many years ago, so now when I want "real" pizza, I will drive the 2 hours round trip to Star Tavern.

Star Tavern pizza is the best by far. I have ambivalent feelings about it being an hour away. It's certainly not convenient, but on the other hand its distance will prevent me from eating it every week, which will help me drop some lbs.

In a pinch, the Reservoir Tavern in Boonton makes a nice pie too, just a notch below Star, imo.

only one truth only one truth
March 22nd

Cryan's pizza is consistently excellent.

How did this turn into a pizza thread?

La Casa del Taco, glad to see you keep up with social media.

DogDayAfternoon
March 22nd

It is a taco thread. I am looking forward to giving La Casa del Taco a try tonight!

I agree about tangents, sorry. There is a taco pizza though....gross.

Bonvinis? have you seen their webpage? burnt cheese pizza!!
no thanks.

but La Casa del Taco !!!
can't wait to try the Mole con pollo

Colorful seating! Can't wait to dig in.

Some tasty vittles! We had 6 different tacos, all were quite good. The guacamole was very good as well. Nice addition to the area.

no comment

4catmom 4catmom
March 23rd

no comment is still a comment...

So...what the hell was the point of that?

Speak your mind...be confident in yourself.

pfft --- ok - it was ok

4catmom 4catmom
March 23rd

thank you thank you people you are my engine to move forward

March 23rd

You're welcome! I'll be back as I would like to try a few other items.

Was amazing food! Great addition to our area! Such nice staff too. I’ll definitely be back!

thank you aye80 we are always grateful for choosing us

March 27th

My husband and I went tonight. The decorations are pretty, the music was a decent volume. I ordered 2 beef empanadas, 2 shrimp birria tacos/2 steak birria tacos, a side of rice and refried beans, and an Agua de Jamaica to drink. It was delicious! My husband ordered grilled chicken with rice and beans and an Horchata. He enjoyed his food as well. Every now and then we get a craving for Mexican food so we WILL return. The lady who served us was very kind. I do suggest hiring a few more cocineros (chefs) so people don't wait as long for their orders (we waited about 30 min during a busy time). And hire someone who can answer the phone and work the register so the poor lady isn't running around doing everything. She did great but she shouldn't have to do it all. The business will run more efficiently that way. See you next time and good luck!

Jennifer Jennifer
3 weeks ago

The $15/hr minimum wage makes it tough for a small business to hire a few more chefs and someone to answer the phone.

Calico696 Calico696
3 weeks ago

@Calico: I know. That's what my husband said. I still wanted to put it out there. But definitely check the place out, if you haven't! I will be going again. I told my husband if I ever go missing, check there first before he worries.

Jennifer Jennifer
3 weeks ago

Hello Jennifer, thank you for giving us the opportunity and if we need more assistance, in total there are 5 of us that day, 2 people rest, but we are working on it and thank you

3 weeks ago

OK, so I finally checked out "La Casa" the other day, but I kept it simple and went with the tacos.

4 tacos (soft shell) neatly presented with a couple of slices of lime, and 2 different sauces, one with some bite, and the other a guacamole. At first glance I thought they were on the smallish side, but after finishing them off I realized I was full.

The tacos were very fresh, very good, and the meat was tender and delicious. Fresh cilantro added to the rich flavor, and the red sauce provided was just at the right heat index.

Good stuff, I'll be back.

only one truth only one truth
2 weeks ago

Hello, only one truth verthank you for giving me the opportunity. I hope to see you soon.

2 weeks ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Coming "La Casa del Taco"
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.