Dress for a wedding guest - Consignment Shops

I am attending a wedding In September and need to buy a dress. I don’t want to spend more than $50.
Other than the places in town (haven’t had any luck), which consignment stores would you recommend? I am in my 50’s so it needs to be age appropriate (ha,ha).

Susan
July 25th

I know you said you looked in town, did that include the Trinity Thrift store. They used to get some very nice high end dress donations.

Check out Amazon. You can delimit by price range and customer reviews. Plus they have an easy return policy

Check out Racks in Long Valley.

I have gotten inexpensive dresses from Nordstrom Rack. I usually order 2 sizes of the dress I see online & return whichever doesn't fit. I've done this twice & it's worked out good so far. One dress I got for $34!

I agree, Trinity Thrift Shop and I also have had good luck at the Salvation Army on Mtn. Ave.

Thank you. These are great suggestions!

Susan
July 25th

Susan

Check out Flanders Methodist Thrift Shop 4 Park Place in Flanders. (973) 584-5443 closed Tues., Thurs., and Sunday, but open 9-2 on Mon. Open 9-12 on Wed., Fri., and Sat. Also open 5-7pm on Wednesday. They may have something you'd like, but you may wish to call first during their open hours to get an idea.

There's also a Thrift shop across from the Mt. Kemble Unit of Morristown Memorial Hospital, which is called the "Bargain Box Thrift Boutique" They always had interesting items there for men, women, and children.
https://www.facebook.com/bargainboxmorristown/
https://www.wammc.org/bargain-box

Phil D. Phil D.
July 25th

I ordered a couple of dresses from Amazon and Nordstram Rack today. Not sure if I will like any of them or if they will fit.
I will still checkout the thrift stores mentioned above for a better deal since I still have some time. Thanks all!

Susan
July 25th

Also check out Warren County Habitat ReStore in Washington. They have a separate store for all their clothing on Belvidere Ave. in the borough.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
July 25th

Try Plato's Closet on Rt 46 Ledgewood where the bowling alley is located. Goodluck?

hckstwnmom70 hckstwnmom70
July 25th

Califon Consignment Boutique

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
July 26th

I heard that The Rack on Schooley's Mountain Rd. in Long Valley has nice clothing. I'm sure they would have dresses. From Hackettstown, they're on the left near the Coffee Potter. Good luck!

parkavecb.com

Not sure of their prices, but their window displays are always beautiful - Park Avenue Consignment Boutique in Washington. On 57, right side coming from Hackettstown, striped light and dark brown awning - 36 East Washington Ave, Washington, NJ 07882, between School Street and Belvidere Ave/Broad Street.

Three Bees Plus Three Bees Plus
July 27th

I've found nice dresses at Marshall's in Chester, not the Mansfield one. Below $50 too.

Blackcat Blackcat
July 29th

Try all the Marshall's (Chester, Ledgewood, Hackettstown, Newton) and TJ Maxx's (Mt. Olive).

Hackresident Hackresident
July 29th

Califon Consignment Boutique or Racks

Weebiekins Weebiekins
July 29th

Secpnd Park Avenue

Washington boro, Park Ave consignments. They move down the street from original location but should be open or by appointment.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Dress for a wedding guest - Consignment Shops
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.