Updated Pet Sitter Suggestions 2024

All the previous pet sitter posts are outdated, some are not even in business anymore, hence the need for a "new" thread.

So, with that, who are some of your "current" recommendations? I've noticed that having a second dog comes at a steep price for some of these sitters, I'd really like to avoid paying too much for that added fee.

Thanks in advance for your input.

only one truth only one truth
4 weeks ago

Hi, I’m a local dog walker and focus on Monday through Friday visits with the exception of cat-sitting. If interested and want to hear more about what I offer. Please feel free to send me a private message at anytime we can set up a call to chat!

Re: Updated Pet Sitter Suggestions 2024

We just used Grace Cares over the past weekend for the first time. We were happy with the service and the cost.

Hadenough Hadenough
4 weeks ago

Blue Ribbon Petsitters… Brenda is absolutely the best. She is caring, down to earth and does a great job of caring for pets. She loves her own fur babies just like we do and we wouldn't trust anyone else.

Please be careful who you select. A woman posted on the Hackettstown Community Forum FB group last week that she hired a "recommended" pet sitter and came home to one of her cats dead on the floor. See photo for screenshot of a portion of her post. There is more to the post. I suggest going to that FB group and searching for the post and reading it in full. Heartbreaking. RIP kitty.

Calico696 Calico696
4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing Calico, that is devastating and a very important reminder of carefully researching who you trust in your home and with your loved ones (pets and otherwise!)

I've boarded at Riverview Kennel off 519 past belvidere a little far for many, but I would highly recommend them if you are travelling and need a place for your pet to stay.

Wow calico, that is horrible. I wish she named them as that is serious and I hope she got some compensation or that person was held accountable. I know there is no amount of money that can replace the loss of a pet but I feel something should be done in that case. I hope it wasn't one that was mentioned already.

We've used Grace Cares a number of times to care for our kitties and we defiinitely recommend them.

catlady65 catlady65
4 weeks ago

Yikes! That's a devastating story, I sure hope that the individual in question hasn't been mentioned in the suggestions listed here. If so, PLEASE let me know, because I'll probably be making a decision soon.

Otherwise, thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

only one truth only one truth
3 weeks ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.