National Donut Day, 6/3--Free Dunkin' Donut

Tomorrow is National Donut Day (is this on your list Calico?).

Get a free donut at Dunkin' Donuts tomorrow, 6/3, with the purchase of any beverage (excluding cooler/bottled drinks).

Tracy Tracy
Jun '11

Re: National Donut Day, 6/3--Free Dunkin' Donut

Of course Tracy. ;-)

I was going to include a poll as well. So I will do it here.....

Favorite doughnut?

Bavarian cream for me. Of course, like rocky road fudge, I haven't had one in many years. Won't be having one tomorrow either. Enjoy everybody!

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '11

Chocolate icing with sprinkles

Nosila Nosila
Jun '11

Sorry I jumped the gun on you, Calico. :o) I just got an email and thought I'd share.

Favorite doughnut is Krispy Kreme chocolate glazed cake or chocolate frosted with sprinkles. Luckily we only ever get KK's when we go up to Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. They make them fresh there. They're also a little bit smaller than most.

FH loves doughnuts. He'd eat them every day if I let him. The husband of a woman at his school owns a bakery in New York and she would constantly bring in boxes of doughnuts for him.

There was one other place I remember with great doughnuts, Whitney Doughnut, in Hamden, Connecticut, where I went to law school.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '11

No problem Tracy.....feel free to post any food holidays you wish.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '11

Re: National Donut Day, 6/3--Free Dunkin' Donut

Cruellers....or one of these--------------->>

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Jun '11

INMCB, yum! Yay for another vote for Krispy Kreme!

Tracy Tracy
Jun '11

Best Donut??? Next to Merrit Superette in Westport, CT. Home made... get one whenever I go back.

mammadone
Jun '11

Chocolate glazed or apple cider (from Mackey's!)

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '11

@mamadone - Do you know the name of the place next to Merrit Superette? I'm heading up to CT this wkend and thought I would pass by and grab a donut!

abaniall
Jun '11

Chocolate glazed & Chocolate Frosted. Occasionally a Powdered doughnut or a glazed will do.

ComputerSharp ComputerSharp
Jun '11

French Kruller or Jelly with the regular sugar on it (not powdered)
yummy!

darluggh darluggh
Jun '11

Entenmanns chocolate donut! Dont like DD!

Krispy Kreme donuts are the best -- thanks for posting the menu, INMCB! I'm with Tracy -- KK chocolate glazed or just a regular KK. Also, the KK chocolate iced cream filled is a sweet mess. My mouth is watering -- but no donuts for me! With all that fat, they are hell on your digestive system.

To be fair, I will add that my favorite DD donut is the old fashioned, plain donut, perfect for dunking, of course! 8-)

Still, I must add that the KK regular glazed donut is like nectar from the gods. Melt in your mouth, slide down your throat, tickle your taste buds good.

Sigh.

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
Jun '11

Hopeful - I have a client who insists KK puts a highly addictive drug into every one. I see evidence of that all the time. ;-)

So when's a free donut, not a free donut? "with the purchase of any beverage " ;-)

As for the best - Roma Bakery, Rome NY

Easton Bakery,Easton Pa.best donuts or anything else bakery around.

yogel
Jun '11

Agree with Mona...Entenmanns...chocolate donut. Dunkin Donuts always seem too greasy.

joyful joyful
Jun '11

There's a place in Ocean City, MD called the Fractured Prune that serves hot cake donuts with a huge variety of glazes and toppings. My favorite is the Blueberry Hill....blueberry glaze with powdered sugar, but there are so many great combinations. Can't wait to go back!

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Jun '11

GC, LOL and LOL! 8-)

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
Jun '11

OMG I do not need to be eating donuts today!!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '11

Not really a big Dunkin Donuts fan but like their French Cruellers otherwise I'm partial to anything Krispy Kreme!!

Which leads me to my next question....where can one get some KK's in Warren county? Is it even possible? Perhaps a trip to PA?

Vic - NYC or Philly are the closest places for KK.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '11

I like the police mans special at DD
two donuts and regular coffee
so dont speed there in front of DD

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '11

I'm not much of a doughnut person, but I hear everybody talk about Krispy Kremes! I don't even know what it is but I may have yo get some now lol!

That would be go get some...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.