Marshalls Creek Flea Market

Does anyone know if its open now, or does it close for the season? Looking for something to do today.

Thanks

Poconobazaar.com has all the info. ;) Have fun!

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Nov '11

http://www.poconobazaar.com/

9-5

shoebie shoebie
Nov '11

When i was up there late summer the vendors said it was due to close i believe sept. It is to bad i enjoyed it up there.
You can go to the one either in lambertville or there is one outside of new hope that is big.Dont remember the name off the top of my head sorry.

Thanks Shoebie!

It's open all year round. In bad weather it's just the indoor buildings. But the market is not what it used to be!!!! They took away more than half the space when they put in the park and ride and this past summer so many of the vendors just stopped going. It's really a shame. Almost not worth going. I haven't been for many years, but the flea market at the Meadowlands was always good. That's only open on Saturdays. Then of course there's the Dover street fair on Sundays. Hmm, just realizing its late November, I'd check into these before going. Good luck.

PetLover
Nov '11

Marshalls Creek turned into a zoo. I don't think the vendors stopped because of the Park and Ride. They stopped before that - when the FBI started cracking down on the knock offs.

something must have changed there...Price Chopper Supermarkets...had filed paperwork to build a store...on that property...the deal must have fallen through

oldman oldman
Nov '11

The place has completely changed and not for the better. I used to love going there and even though it is a flea market, it still had some quality stuff. Now? It seems like China town with all of the knock-offs and just random crap, nothing good at all. The only good thing is the guy who sells the pretzels which are soooooooo yummy.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Nov '11

Re: Marshalls Creek Flea Market

i dont know the seasonal days that its open...but Saylorsburg Flea Market is always interesting...with fewer professional vendors

oldman oldman
Nov '11

The flea market is still open. I was there yesterday.

lizzy16 lizzy16
Nov '11

We took a ride into Dover yesterday afternoon and surprised that their town flea market was still on (Sundays only)..One of the vendors said it will only be on for one more week and that is it for the season. Wish I had small kids again as there was such a great selection of those furry character hats and earmuffs and gloves for the little ones. Also the long scarves that the teenagers and adults love in just about any color imagionable. ($5 each)...My hubby bought me a early Christmas present..a silk evening handbag that I have seen in catalogues for $45 for $15.

joyful joyful
Nov '11

Does anyone know if Marshalls Creek Flea Market is open on Black Friday?

stazy stazy
Nov '11

stazy, click on the link posted above. Yes, open. Hours are posted.

Thanks maja! I must of missed the black box with the Black Friday info in it the first time around on the site!

stazy stazy
Nov '11

the Marshalls Creek flea market has officially closed...and the site will be re-developed into a mall

oldman oldman
Jan '12

Thanks for telling us about this, Oldman, I will miss Marshalls Creek as many weekends we headed up that way to go over there and spend the day walking around..getting our exercise and picking up some bargains.

joyful joyful
Jan '12

I think it is under new management and this is the new website http://www.marshallscreekfleamarket.com/

redrider redrider
Jan '12

Thanks, Redrider...seems like they are not closed after all but will be reopening under new management Jan. 13th.

joyful joyful
Jan '12

Not sure which information is correct. The Express Times ran a story today stating that it was closed for good and a Price Chopper Food store will be built at the current location.

Tidy
Jan '12

heres the link...enough said http://www.poconobazaar.com/

oldman oldman
Jan '12

Is Pocono Bazaar and Marshalls Creek Flea Market one and the same? Sorry, but this is a bit confusing.

joyful joyful
Jan '12

Yes it is

shoebie shoebie
Jan '12

Thanks, Shoebie..

joyful joyful
Jan '12

Flea market on Rt 209 is closed for good, such a shame. Supermarket going in, bigger shame!!

the closing of Marshalls Creek flea market...just makes the Saylorsburg flea market more appealing

oldman oldman
Jan '12

I can not say it is to upsetting, over the past 5 years the flea market really went down hill . Was not what it once was . Got to the point it was not worth the traffic to go.

So then the Marshalls creek link above is incorrect? It is not reopening Jan 13th? I'm with Joyful.. confused.. lol

MrChevy
Jan '12

No. Its closed. Supermarket being built on the land. Was in yesterdays paper.

Botheredbyu Botheredbyu
Jan '12

I read in the paper this weekend that it was sold to a supermarket chain and is closing. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact date of closing or any of the other details. I'm pretty sure I read it in the Sunday Express-Times.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Jan '12

This is all very confusing.

Phil D Phil D
Jan '12

There is nothing confusing about this...The Flea Market on 209 in PA is closed, they are building a super market on the site....end of story.

MBAFR
Jan '12

BRAVO MBAFR!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jan '12

I'm sure it won't be missed .... Took a ride out there a few months back and it was a waste of time and gas certainly not what it was years back

Johnny-X Johnny-X
Jan '12

Just an FYI i own the new Marshalls Creek Flea Market we have moved just up the road from the old Market just behind Dunkin Donuts. Right now we are OPEN and have eighteen inside vendors and are working to open up the outside just as quick as we can. However we have to wait for local government to act. If you would like more information feel free to email me at Info@marshallscreekfleamarket.com. Our website is in the process of being updated so you will see the old market.

Frank Frank
Feb '12

Thank you, Frank. That clears up the above confusion with whether there would still be a Marshalls Creek Flea Market when the other closed. We always loved the market and I will pass the word to friends that you are now open on a new site behind Dunkin Donuts working on outside vendors as well. What days is the market currently open?

Joyful Joyful
Feb '12

Marshalls Creek officially closed last year. Closing was in offing past 3 years. Matrz bought over half the area for a bus holding and park/ride area. Most of the rest has been tied into the 191 Marshallls Creek By pass (should be finished this year - 20 years in planning and final work). An occassional vender can be noted.

oldsoldier oldsoldier
Feb '12

Last year? I could have sworn I was there earlier this year...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Feb '12

Old soldier you are wrong Martz purchased nothing, Penn DOT took the property to place a road in and also a park and ride. They did not take the entire market they only took part. The flea market continued on just in a smaller area until it closed on January 1, 2012 with over one hundred vendors. I think it's just a tad more than occasional vendor. Right now, the market has moved 200 feet north of where the old market was just behind dunkin donuts cannot miss it. We have approx as of today twenty vendors, as we wait for town approval to move outside as well and bring back the over on hundred vendors who are waiting as well.

THANK YOU JOYFUL FOR EVERYTHING STOP AND SAY HELLO NEXT TIME YOU UP!!!!

Frank Frank
Feb '12

Just looked at the web page for the Pocono Bizarre Flea Market and it says they are having a Grand opening on April 1st 2012. The new location is located two miles north of the old flea market.

earnhardt earnhardt
Mar '12

I heard there is a flea market opening down the road also at the
Foxmoor Village by 2 vendors of the old market.

luckyleo luckyleo
Mar '12

We took a ride up there yesterday and found the building behind Dunkin Donuts that is now open for a few vendors from the Marshalls Creek Flea Market. Not too much there just yet. Ran into a few folks outside and they too were so dissapointed when they rode all the way there to find the "old" Marshall's Creek Flea Market no longer there. Please keep us posted, Frank, on what is happening.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

There is a new flea market in Mt. Bethel, Reopening April 7th. Unfortunately they opened late last season and not everyone knew it was there, vendor turn out was good. There were a lot of people shopping and walking out with stuff. It's in the Mt. Bethel Plaza which is biggest thing in Mt. Bethel on Rt. 512, only 1.5 miles from the Portland toll bridge. It's on a three acre lot, next to a Furniture & Firearms Depot in the back of the plaza.Area was nice well laid out rental spaces were large 12'x26' good walkways, clean restroom. Snack bar on site. Looking foreward to going back there. Got some really great buys there. Check out their website www.mtbethelplazafleamarket.com. At $14/sat or sun, I'm planning on selling my LB basket collection and some other stuff there myself.

BoysMom BoysMom
Mar '12

We went to the Mt. Bethel market twice last year. First time was disappointing and thought maybe we had "hit" a bad day. Second time was not any better, personally I would not waste time and gas going there again.

Rice's Market was a much better experience. The drive was longer but enjoyable.

http://www.ricesmarket.com/Contents/Home.aspx

Tidy
Mar '12

Just wanted to let everyone know we just got back from the new Marshalls Creek location. Its pretty nice I think it will be very nice once its completed and full. They have probably three dozen or so vendors right now. The new location is right on 209 two miles past the old location, the fourth light and its on the left in an old mall.

earnhardt earnhardt
Apr '12

earnhardt - How was the traffic?

Slade Slade
Apr '12

Not bad at all either way we went around 10:30 or so and breezed right in and out

earnhardt earnhardt
Apr '12

Oh really? I went out there about 3 weeks ago and they were in a store behind the Dunkin Donuts. We were very disappointed. Thanks for the info

Just Asking Just Asking
Apr '12

Tidy- I really don't think you can compare Mt. Bethel to Rice's. Rice's has been around since the 50's. Mt. Bethel just opened last season... give it a chance to get off the ground. I know the family trying to get this market going, and they're really trying to make it into something successful. Why don't you give them a chance before you bad mouth and criticize.

For anyone else interested, check out their site.
www.mtbethelplazafleamarket.com
Right now they are offering free spaces for vendors until Memorial Day Weekend.
Don't think Rice's will do that for you!

BoysMom BoysMom
Apr '12

BoysMom
If you had read my post you would have seen that I did indeed try the Mt. Bethel market twice (2) times. So I feel like I did give them a chance. If you are suggesting that by posting my experience is bad mouthing or criticizing isn't that what a forum is for, sharing one's experiences?

Tidy
Apr '12

A lot of the vendors have gone to the indoor market at Shoprite in Stroudsburg. (old Ames/Big N/Jamesway) I would also suggest checking that out.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.