Photo kiosks at Wal-Mart

Yes, I'm that lazy but I didn't feel like driving 15 miles from PV to Wal-Mart another night just to find out that their photo kiosks are down.

I ordered cards via snapfish on Sunday and got an e-mail that said they were ready. Went to W-Mart last night and they didn't have them and said the kiosks were down all day. Same thing this morning.

I called a few hours ago and was placed on hold forever.

The lesson learned for me is to do my holiday cards in October.

Target was no better.

Vent aside, does anyone know if the kiosks at Wal-Mart are working?

It happens to me all the time at Walmart....

Jesse James Jesse James
Dec '11

I know this doesn't help you now, but I wanted to let you know that Snapfish is usually pretty quick when you have your items shipped from them directly to you. I ordered something (not cards) on Friday from Snapfish, and got it today. They had a free shipping upgrade to overnight.

I only tried to do a photo order once through Wal Mart, and it got messed up, so I never tried again.

LV Ann LV Ann
Dec '11

I always have issues with Walmart photo! I am done with them. If you are going to order from snapfish either have it sent to Walgreens or shipped home!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Dec '11

ess - I had similar issues at Walmart, plus they only had one employee handling both the photo kiosks (some were out of order) AND people picking up store items they'd ordered online....it was a zoo. Also tried Target and all of their kiosks were all down & waiting for repair the other day.
I don't normally shop at Walgreens but decided to try there and it was a smooth, stress-free experience with great customer service. I was only printing photos for holiday cards, though & know you've already ordered through Snapfish. I'm wondering if Snapfish might work with you & re-ship the order to Walgreens?
Doing holiday cards in October sounds like the way to go from now on!
Good luck :)

Santa Santa
Dec '11

Same problem tonight and Sunday at Target. It seems like they're never working these days, not quite sure why.

Bessie Bessie
Dec '11

thanx all. gonna change my card to say belatedbmerry christmas!

Does the hackettstown walmart even have a photo center? I wanted to get some prints done a few days ago and checked online and said it was currently unavailable. The website says there is a photocenter, but it also says theres a mcdonalds inside too. I geuss they didnt update it since the renovation.

With snapfish, i would always have them mailed to you, stores tend to print dark. And you can find many coupons by simple searching "Snapfish coupons".

Walgreens is also pretty good, again print dark. Same deal with the coupons, search around and you can get a good deal.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Dec '11

I always use Snapfish. Never had a problem with them. Can't say the same about Walmart.

Slade Slade
Dec '11

They are down all the time at WalMart. Shouldn't be surprised!! Its Walmart!!

Botheredbyu Botheredbyu
Dec '11

Santa, I had a hard time there last year and felt so bad for the ONE person they had trying to handle the store pick ups and photo and returns. It really is bad that they only have one person handling all of that and a line going out of that corner spreading into the entrance. They really are short staffed and I feel so bad for that person that has to deal with all the people because they take it out on them when they are mad they have to wait so long. Walmart does not care about their customers or their employees. I believe that a manager should step in and help out in a situation where a crowd forms. Keep the line moving.

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Dec '11

Re: Photo kiosks at Wal-Mart

I had the pleasure of snapping this pic of our local Mansfield Walmart "bustling" photo kiosk area tonight. That font size on those signs is impressive! Can't miss the message!!

Okay, this picture is a bit deceptive, the one "kiosk" that I couldn't fit in the picture had a festive "Out of Order" sign on it also- my apologies! (wider angle shot please next time)

Wasn't the move to digital camera supposed to make photography so much easier and fun! haha-

It is, just not at our local Walmart.

Merry X Mas, from the well rested Photography Kiosks.

They should be up and running "any day now"!

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Dec '11

how is that possible i could see one being down but all of them seems like poor managment..

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Dec '11

Was at the WalMart at ITC yesterday and guess what, their photo kiosks were out of order too.

BEG - It's easy for them all to be down if they all print to the same networked photo printer in the middle. The printer goes out, the rest is useless.

GC- I don't think it's a network issue as you can bring your SD card in there and should be able to print right out at the machine

Nosila Nosila
Dec '11

Head to Shop Rite! Their quick-printing machines are just fine if you need some everyday prints. And they're never out of order.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '11

I had the same sort of problem trying to get invitations printed. I went to WalMart, didn't work. I went to Target next, didn't work either. I then went to Staples. You can email them what you want printed out and then go pick it up. Plus it ended up costing me $0.98 for two 5x7's on matte paper. I also had a huge black and white poster printed out for $3.00. Highly recommend Staples.

mebradar mebradar
Dec '11

Mebredar - I agree, Staples and Fedex are both good ideas for printing anything other than small prints... like invites, posters, etc.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '11

I too had photos done at the Mansfield Walmart. Although the signs were up. The printer for the instant prints was still was working.

One man was working the counter and when it was his time to leave at 3PM the girl that took over told us she didn't know anything about photos.

Since there were about 8 of us making an issue the gentleman decided to stay and after a half hour waiting to get an answer we all got our photos printed by the "broken" machine within 5 minutes....

Hackettstown Wife Hackettstown Wife
Dec '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.