Restaurants open for dinner on Christmas Eve

Are there any restaurants in the area that will be open and serving dinner on Christmas Eve?

JG1956 JG1956
Dec '12

River star diner is and they are also open Christmas Day till 3pm

HeatherS HeatherS
Dec '12

Black Forest serving dinner 4 - 9 Christmas Eve

La Strada is open - Not sure of hours

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '12

Pandan is open and doing a 7 Fishes Dinner.

I believe Mattars is usually open, but better call. Same with Pump House.

All of those places may well be already booked solid. You'll need reservations so best to call right away.

Personally I'd go Black Forrest, but then I've got so much German blood, I have schnitzel in my veins. ;-)

Only other thing to keep in mind is some places that are open, close earlier than usual.

Bessie Bessie
Dec '12

And many restaurants that are open have limited menu options.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '12

INN at Millrave Pond in Hope is open for Christmas eve.

Christine Christine
Dec '12

Pan E Vino...rt 57 Mansfield ... Italian food...open Christmas Eve

oldman oldman
Dec '12

Pan e Vino ? Hasnt that been gone for years ? You okay old man ?

jerseycash5
Dec '12

Is that restaurant now called, Enzos, oldman??

joyful joyful
Dec '12

well Excuuuuuse me...same place ,same owners different name...thats our Christmas Eve family dinner... and get together...I am looking forward to it. now back to being crabby and complaining on this forum...

oldman oldman
Dec '12

Spot on old man!

vous
Dec '12

We'll be enjoying Christmas Eve at the Black Horse Tavern. It was very good last year. Looking forward to it. Has anyone been to the Inn at Millrace pond since the change? Would love to hear a review. Haven't been there in awhile.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '12

I was at Enzos over the weekend and was disappointed. Food was so-so. Was expecting better. Sorry

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

bothered - You really have to know what to order there. Some things are not too good, but some really good. I was there Friday night. I had the eggplant rolatini and my husband had the flat iron steak. Both very good.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

My mother mentioned getting the flat iron steak, but then changed her mind. I will definitely try it again, and just order something else. :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

botheredbyu: I feel the same...We have a lot of luncheons and get togethers there and I have yet to find something on the menu that I can say I really like...But, I will keep trying too as that is the place picked for us to meet. Plus, they are not inexpensive for what you get.

joyful joyful
Dec '12

Joyful - We found them to be a bit expensive, but will go back.

When family comes out to visit, we go out to eat. We have tried The Pump House, Mama's and Benzi's and have not been pleased. Now Enzos. Maybe its us? LOL!
Maybe I should buy food and cook at home. :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

joyful: Next time try the pasta e fagioli. I had a bowl at our last luncheon. Loved it!

We ate at teh Inn at Millrace Pond. I had the crab Macaroni and Cheese. It was awesome. My daughter had the NY Strip very good also. Their Butternut Squash soup was better than Mattars. AND I like Mattars.

I recommend the place.

Christine Christine
Dec '12

Looking forward to the Wild Boar at Black Forest Inn.

PREDATOR PREDATOR
Dec '12

Enzo's expensive? Most of the entrees are under $16. Portions are large and include salad and in house baked bread.

I guess expensive is relative.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

For me, Enzo's in Mansfield has never been a good meal. Enzo's in Washington is very good.

I agree, Maja...Enzo's in Washington is really good. Enzo's in Mansfield is not. imo

joyful joyful
Dec '12

I agree as well regarding the difference between Enzo's in Mansfield and Enzo's in Washington. We frequent Washington since we live very near to there. The pizza is much better there as well.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

some restaurants are open on Christmas Day http://youtu.be/xTq20prt0K8

oldman oldman
Dec '12

Thanks Christine. Good to hear. I'll have to check it out.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '12

Bothered, that's because those are mediocre restaurants. Try Salt in Byram or Circa in high bridge.

Gadfly Gadfly
Dec '12

Gadfly - If bothered thinks Enzo's is expensive, she definitely wouldn't be happy with the prices at Salt or Circa. Especially Circa.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

Salt is reasonable prices for the quality. Perfect portions. Really dislike the huge portions some places give. I , nor anyone who's ever dined with us at Salt, has ever had a bad meal there. This is just my opinion.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '12

I agree Blackcat. What I am saying is.....if Enzo's is too pricey for her Salt is even more so. Not necessarily too expensive IMO, but more expensive than Enzo's.

Expensive, is a relative term. I don't mind spending $30 for an entree if it is good quality and delicious. $30 to me is expensive, but to Trump it's cheap. ;-)

It's unfortunate that most people can't afford those types of prices. But it is true that you get what you pay for.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

That's why chain restaurants are so popular. We don't go out that often so we like to make it count.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '12

Maybe the alcohol pushed the price up. Not that it was a lot. What my DH got was some kind of seafood, which he said was very good, but for $18, it was a small amount. No need to spend $30 on a dinner, no matter where you go. You can find great tasting food for less, just have to know where to go. I dont like spending more then necessary.

Christine - Crab mac and cheese sounds yummmmmmmy!!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

"No need to spend $30 on a dinner, no matter where you go."

I so disagree. If you desire the best cuts of meat and best quality seafood prepared to perfection, then there is a need to spend $30 for dinner because that's what it costs.

A $15 steak is just that, a $15 steak.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

Calico - A $15 steak can be a great steak. Longhorn in ITC has great steaks for less then $30. So I'm told. I dont eat steak. :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

bothered - You are missing my point. I didn't say a $15 steak can't taste good, but it will never be anything but a $15 steak.

The difference between a steak at a chain like Longhorn and steak at a fine dining establishment is like night and day. Which is why the fine dining place will be more expensive. That said, there are some establishments that try to charge high-end prices for low-end meats and chefs who can't cook. :)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

"You can find great tasting food for less, just have to know where to go"

So where does one go? You've mentioned yourself that all the places you've tried have been disappointing. So where is this great food on the cheap??

I'm with Calico - I don't mind paying $30 for an entree if the food is good. I'd rather eat out less often and make sure I'm getting a good meal.

Agreed, I don't mind paying for a good meal. If someone's idea of a great steak is Longhorn, that's fine. It's just not mine. We rarely go to chains. Would rather go local and pay a bit more for good food that's not loaded with salt to hide the inferior quality.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '12

Ok, since my post was removed by the moderator, I will ask here. I am looking for a restaurant on Christmas DAY not EVE. With that being clarified, does anyone know of any places open?

Honestly, I am a bit disappointed that my post was removed. I feel the likelihood of me getting an answer is going to be pretty slim now that it's been burried.

Wishful thinking Wishful thinking
Dec '12

Not so slim after all. LOL

Fujiyama is open on Christmas Day.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '12

Look above - one of the waitresses from Riverstar already commented they're open on Christmas Day.

Why did they remove your post?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

The topic was basically the same as this one. We didn't need another whole thread on what restaurants are open Christmas Day.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '12

Oh didnt know that. Thought he said something wrong.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Dec '12

any Chinese restaurants open today???

dismom dismom
Dec '12

Hong Kong is...I just came by

Firefly Firefly
Dec '12

I almost didn't click on this post because I was wondering about today not last night.

Firefly Firefly
Dec '12

thanks firefly......i was going to start a new thread but i see moderator deleted the one started by wishfullthinking............. ??? thanks........going to order some for the family today.....

dismom dismom
Dec '12

Clinton Station Diner off 78 open 24/7 365dys.

jerseycash5
Dec '12

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.